PDA

View Full Version : 550 exhaust muffler on 535

DreamCar
10-22-2010, 10:02 AM
Did Any body thought of getting 550 exhaust on 535 or is it just me who is crazy about those mufflers.
Will BMW honor these kind of requests? will it involve lot of dough or just a request note in the order?

solstice
10-22-2010, 10:15 AM
Might be just you. If round pipes are good enough for Aston Martin Vanquish, Ferrari California and Porshe 911 Turbo it's good enough for my F10 :). Then again the Lexus LS 460 has square pipes...

DreamCar
10-22-2010, 10:51 AM
Might be just you. If round pipes are good enough for Aston Martin Vanquish, Ferrari California and Porshe 911 Turbo it's good enough for my F10 :). Then again the Lexus LS 460 has square pipes...

Thats a nice one :-)

GHOST PROTOCOL
10-22-2010, 10:58 AM
Normally with BMW USA, you are stuck with the package and option lists on the website. However, I have learned that you can special order in the USA, but you have to wait a long time to get the car and there is a rather large cost for the special order. If you do not mind waiting and if you do not mind the extra charge, I would suggest that you talk with your representative about it.

brandonw
10-22-2010, 12:19 PM
If its important to you, you should just be able to order to two 550 style exhaust tips and that rear diffuser insert to fit around then. Should be very much, maybe $300-400 total. Install shouldn't be more than 2 hours of labor.

DreamCar
10-22-2010, 12:23 PM
If its important to you, you should just be able to order to two 550 style exhaust tips and that rear diffuser insert to fit around then. Should be very much, maybe $300-400 total. Install shouldn't be more than 2 hours of labor.

I checked the cars in drive event looks like the rear bumper has to be replaced :( thanks for your suggestion though

DreamCar
10-22-2010, 12:29 PM
Normally with BMW USA, you are stuck with the package and option lists on the website. However, I have learned that you can special order in the USA, but you have to wait a long time to get the car and there is a rather large cost for the special order. If you do not mind waiting and if you do not mind the extra charge, I would suggest that you talk with your representative about it.

That is one of the reason I feel.. may be I should just get 550.