PDA

View Full Version : Returned 550i on 10/11 in Munich

Rafa
10-24-2010, 08:26 AM
I returned my ED 550i to Harms in Munich on October 11, and was told that the vehicle would be trucked to the port on October 13. The BMW NA website still lists the status of the vehicle as Awaiting Transport, and my CA told me that his info shows the same status. Is it normal to wait for two weeks or longer for a vehicle to be loaded on a ship? Did anyone drop off in Munich on or around the same date I did and what is his/her experience?

By the way, driving such powerful car in Germany, Austria and Italy was a blast! Thanks to all who post comments and advice, as you contributed significantly to enhance the uniquely wonderful experience of my first ED!

jimefam
10-24-2010, 08:49 AM
Read the ED forum. But yes your waiting is just getting started.

Rafa
10-24-2010, 09:55 AM
Yes, it has been only 2 weeks and I am already itchy... The wait has begun indeed.

I'll check the ED forum, thanks. I posted here because all those who order, and not only those that do ED, could perhaps reply if their cars ended production at Dingolfing and started awaiting shipment on about the same date I returned my 550i to Harms.

jimefam
10-24-2010, 10:07 AM
From what I've seen the ED cars take much longer than cars that go through the normal channels. So best to focus on ED lest you get your hopes up and it winds up taking 10 weeks!