PDA

View Full Version : Let's try again - To KOHJUL:

markl53
10-24-2010, 11:11 AM
Let's try to help a fellow BMW enthusiast. His original query:

Hi guys, i know there is already a thread same as mine, but i dont want to interfere their thread... im sorry if im wrong..
okay so here are the question...
-I just called bmw agent asking for the price of 2011 528i, he said that he only get 1000 over invoice, is that too much? should i negotiate again? what should be over the invoice?
-he also told me that he doesnt get any profit in selling option, he give the price same as invoice, is this true? and he said that if i get it in December it gonna be cheaper, true?
-To be honest, i am a freshmen college, so my money is very tight to buy this car, so i want to ask you guys what is the best price for 528i wiith premium 1, sport pacakage, xenon, rear view camera?
-Do you guys know somebody in socal bmw agent to would be give the very best price?
-I ask him if he can, not to touch or detail the car, he said, that their detail is very best, the car gonna be handle by the pros cuz he said that he will guarantee there will be no swirl mars... so is this true? i talked to shelly bmw agent...

Please be nice to me guys, i never bought a car, and im an esl student, so if some of my question already in forum... im sorry in advance...

markl53
10-24-2010, 11:17 AM
Welcome to Bimmerfest. Hopefully you can get some helpful insight from the members here.

$1000 over invoice is pretty good, IMO. I have bought 3 BMW's from a dealer here in MD, I didn't haggle too much, but I didn't get as good a price as your dealer seems to be giving you

As far as your options, again, if you get $1000 over invoice, pretty good. The options can add to the price very quickly, it seems like you've narrowed them down to your "essentials".

Sorry, can't reply about SOCAL dealers, I'm on the east coast :)

They're going to have to clean your car when it arrives, IMO. If you have mentioned your concern, they can try to be extra careful. On my 3 cars delivered by the dealer I mentioned, there were really no swirl marks. Have to say though, depending on the color, German paints don't hold up as well as some others as far as light scratching. I am careful with washing and drying (only 100% cotton towels), but after 5 weeks, I see more of the typical very light marks I've seen on all my (Black Sapphire) BMW's.

The F10 is a great car, good luck with your plans.

bfv
10-24-2010, 12:14 PM
I did not want to discourage him from getting a 5 but here are some other considerations to reduce the cost:

1) Try to get European delivery for your car. Thoroughly search this forum and wiki you will find that most people are saving over 10-11% (bmw rep. will tell you 7% over invoice).

2) If you do not need a lot of power, 528i is a good option.

3) Find a dealer on this or other forums that will help you get a deal (1000 over invoice) in case you can't find a dealer near your area.

bmrboy2008
10-24-2010, 12:20 PM
Way to go Mark. That's the Bimmerfest spirit. :clap:

By the way, don't forget the Costco option Kohjul. If you're not a member, the cost to join is $50 and you may save many more times that much by going to a Costco BMW dealer. Try Linda Wang at New Century BMW in Alhambra, CA. She sold me my 2008 535i at $500 over invoice.

Good luck and let us know how you make out. :thumbup:

jwrtiger
10-24-2010, 12:34 PM
I purchased the 528i with a lot of options/packages and I paid $1400.00 over invoice including all options and packages. I had another dealer 30 minutes away offering $900.00 over invoice. I stayed with the higher price because I have friends that have been very happy with the after sales service at that dealership and because they are only 5 minutes away from my house. I purchased back in June and when it arrived they cleaned it and also added a red bow and had it in their main indoor display area when I picked it up. One of the members saw a picture I posted and said looks like they did it right with no swirl marks. When I mentioned the complement to my CA he said they do not use orbital buffers on the cars and it is cleaned by hand. I live north of the LA area in Santa Barbara county and IMO $1,000 over invoice is a good price.

jimefam
10-24-2010, 12:40 PM
That's almost exactly what I replied in the other thread. LOL still good job

bfv
10-24-2010, 02:28 PM
Can you apply costco savings on ED prices ! That would be a great way to save !

kohjul
10-24-2010, 02:30 PM
Special thanks for markl53 and for you all that replies... i really respect you guys for having me in this community even though i haven't have any bmw yet... thanks
@bfv: so you mean i bought it from europe and delivery it to US?
@bmrboy: yeah i will try costco for sure and i also already contact new century bmw with andy lin.
@mark: yes mark, i just want to put option that really help me... because the option really rapidly increase the price of the car itself.
and where can i see the real invoice itself? edmunds?
btw guys, for the detail, do guys trust the dealer to do it, or you guys just do it your self to get the best out of it?
The reason i choose this 5 series, is i seriously like the exterior and specially the interior, not to be flatterer but all this time for interior, i only like f10 and nissan "teana" in asia which isnt available here. the f10 interior is just right and beautiful, doenst have many button, and dont seem bulky... (to me is so perfect) .really hard to describe by word by i think you guys know what i mean the beauty of it.... (ambiance light is sooo sweettt)

Munich77
10-24-2010, 02:40 PM
Sorry did not see the other thread. $1000 over invoice is a good price but you can always try for lower prices. Being in Cali you have plenty of dealers competing for business. The 5 series is a great car :) - enjoy the car.

kohjul
10-24-2010, 02:46 PM
yeah man... i hope in december the price gonna be cheaper, cuz the agent said, usually in december they want to clear their inventory, so it will be cheaper, and he encourage me to buy it in december...
I hope i will get this car... im "dying" to get this car since its has been announce in 2010.... i like never like or crave to have a car before.... but f10 is different.... :D

is the aluminum strip below the wood is standard feature in bmw?

bmrboy2008
10-24-2010, 05:27 PM
Special thanks for markl53 and for you all that replies... i really respect you guys for having me in this community even though i haven't have any bmw yet... thanks
@bfv: so you mean i bought it from europe and delivery it to US?
@bmrboy: yeah i will try costco for sure and i also already contact new century bmw with andy lin.
@mark: yes mark, i just want to put option that really help me... because the option really rapidly increase the price of the car itself.
and where can i see the real invoice itself? edmunds?
btw guys, for the detail, do guys trust the dealer to do it, or you guys just do it your self to get the best out of it?
The reason i choose this 5 series, is i seriously like the exterior and specially the interior, not to be flatterer but all this time for interior, i only like f10 and nissan "teana" in asia which isnt available here. the f10 interior is just right and beautiful, doenst have many button, and dont seem bulky... (to me is so perfect) .really hard to describe by word by i think you guys know what i mean the beauty of it.... (ambiance light is sooo sweettt)

Kohjul:

Any Lin is a good guy. I have heard a lot of good things about him. Linda Wang is even better, if you know what I mean. :D

As far as Costco is concerned, you need to purchase their membership for $50. Just visit any one of their stores. If their customer service department cannot give you a referral the day you become a memebr, you will probably need to visit their website and look for the Costco auto program. Enter your membership number, your zip code and the make of the car you are interested in. Since you are from Pasadena (my hometown by the way) you will definitely be referred to New Century. Print the referal and take it with you to the dealership.

By the way, as I posted in the other thread you started, I just returned from test driving an F10 535i. The car is absolutely awesome and I found it to provide a totally different driving experience than the 528i. Sports package, premium package and sport automatic transmission with paddle shifters are a must. Go out and test drive one for yourself. It will be a no brainer, and you will not look back at the 528i.

Good luck and let us know what you decide. :thumbup:

kohjul
10-24-2010, 05:36 PM
alright bros, i will definitely go check em out, never drive bmw in my life, looking for it to do so.... gonna be so amazing... i think one of my friend have costco, i think i can use his to see the price :thumbup:
;) i know what you mean... sounds good to me... i will contact her
have u ever deal with beverly hill bmw? :p

oh by the way, is it better to finance or pay cash?

bfv
10-24-2010, 06:09 PM
special thanks for markl53 and for you all that replies... I really respect you guys for having me in this community even though i haven't have any bmw yet... Thanks
@bfv: So you mean i bought it from europe and delivery it to us?

Yes. Check out european delivery forum on this site and on bimmerpost.com. European delivery (ed) invoice is approximately 14% lower than us invoice:bigpimp:. If you negotiate well with the dealer, i guess you will be able to get 11-12% lower than us invoice (not msrp). That translates into approximately 5000-6000 usd savings on a 50,000 usd car. But make sure you know ed process well and you should have some time (maybe a weekend) to go to munich and get the car out of their doors. THEREAFTER, THEY WILL DELIVER IT TO YOUR DEALER OR AT PERFORMANCE DELIVERY CENTER AT SOUTH CAROLINA. There are dealers who know ed very well and they are highly recommended.

The reason i choose this 5 series, is i seriously like the exterior and specially the interior, not to be flatterer but all this time for interior, i only like f10 and nissan "teana" in asia which isnt available here. The f10 interior is just right and beautiful, doenst have many button, and dont seem bulky... (to me is so perfect) .really hard to describe by word by i think you guys know what i mean the beauty of it.... (ambiance light is sooo sweettt)

now you are talking.....i am along the same lines for choosing f10. Go for it !

kohjul
10-24-2010, 06:28 PM
right onnnn.... any suggestion on dealership i should contact for ed? ( im really smiling right now, hearing 11percent lower than us invoice)
:D :D :D

bfv
10-24-2010, 06:56 PM
There are lots of dealers in california. some of them know ED well. A few of them also support these forums. I do not want to name anyone as I do not have personal experience. I suggest you should inquire with more than one dealer and decide for yourself. Personally, I would go to a person who knows ED well so I don't get stuck in Europe. I don't mind paying a little more than the other guy who does not have a clue about ED. YOU MUST READ ALL THE FORUMS ON ED AND UNDERSTAND IT WELL BEFORE YOU VENTURE. Also, find out ED invoice prices before you contact dealers. PM me i will send them to you. :thumbup:

markl53
10-24-2010, 08:34 PM
By the way, as I posted in the other thread you started, I just returned from test driving an F10 535i. The car is absolutely awesome and I found it to provide a totally different driving experience than the 528i. Sports package, premium package and sport automatic transmission with paddle shifters are a must. Go out and test drive one for yourself. It will be a no brainer, and you will not look back at the 528i.

You currently have an '08 535i, right? So you are already used to the power and torque. Was it you in an earlier thread that thought you might be OK with the 528i because you do a lot of city driving? I had a 335i and now the 535i. Yes, I always felt the 335i was a totally different car from the 328i. Same with the 5's I'm sure.

bmrboy2008
10-25-2010, 03:46 PM
Yeah, but it was pretty easy to change my mind after test driving the 535i. It was a no brainer.

DreamCar
10-25-2010, 05:56 PM
right onnnn.... any suggestion on dealership i should contact for ed? ( im really smiling right now, hearing 11percent lower than us invoice)

Guys is it 7% off invoice or 11%?

I am pretty much sure OP is going to enjoy his car AAA lot...
I know what its takes for a joy full moments like those.. best of luck Kohjul.

I am waiting from two years to get BMW. In earlier model i didnt like the interior at all.. now it is just perfect... Lexus Smooth...Decent Interior and....BMW Drive... Crazy combination...

Just waiting for my turn!!!! :-)

enigma
10-25-2010, 06:32 PM

The board sponsors are probably a good bet that you'll get a fair deal. There are a few in Southern California.

If you want a personal recommendation, drop me a PM or send me your e-mail address.

Guys is it 7% off invoice or 11%?

I am pretty much sure OP is going to enjoy his car AAA lot...
I know what its takes for a joy full moments like those.. best of luck Kohjul.

I am waiting from two years to get BMW. In earlier model i didnt like the interior at all.. now it is just perfect... Lexus Smooth...Decent Interior and....BMW Drive... Crazy combination...

Just waiting for my turn!!!! :-)

7% is the official discount off MSRP. You can negotiate it down to roughly 11% off (ED Invoice/Wholesale). Obviously, no dealer will sell the car if they can't make a profit, so be reasonable.

DreamCar
10-25-2010, 06:37 PM
The board sponsors are probably a good bet that you'll get a fair deal. There are a few in Southern California.

If you want a personal recommendation, drop me a PM or send me your e-mail address.

7% is the official discount off MSRP. You can negotiate it down to roughly 11% off (ED Invoice/Wholesale). Obviously, no dealer will sell the car if they can't make a profit, so be reasonable.

Ok Thanks for the information.... from the details i got from the ED forum.

here is what i should expect then.

(US base invoice price-11%) +(750 to 1000 dealer profit)+ invoice price of the packages/options + destination and handling.

correct me if i am wrong or if i am paying more :-)

kohjul
10-25-2010, 06:49 PM
I think you are correct... are you planning to buy new car also?

DreamCar
10-25-2010, 06:52 PM
I think you are correct... are you planning to buy new car also?

Yes my friend Yes...I am as much crazy as you are to buy this car :-) lol...Just waiting for time...

kohjul
10-25-2010, 06:54 PM
ooow i see... btw for ed, can i just wait in US without goin to europe, so they just send the car to the port and send it to US? we can go for groupbuys for more cheaper :P im still looking to the best price for this...

DreamCar
10-25-2010, 06:57 PM
ooow i see... btw for ed, can i just wait in US without goin to europe, so they just send the car to the port and send it to US? we can go for groupbuys for more cheaper :P im still looking to the best price for this...

I think for ED you have to go to Germany...Better price? well i would be glad if some dealer agrees to my formula without any drama.

500 to dealer is the best i have seen on this forums

enigma
10-26-2010, 12:38 AM
Ok Thanks for the information.... from the details i got from the ED forum.

here is what i should expect then.

(US base invoice price-11%) +(750 to 1000 dealer profit)+ invoice price of the packages/options + destination and handling.

correct me if i am wrong or if i am paying more :-)

Typically, rounded up to the nearest $50, so the % doesn't work out exactly. Just ask your dealer for the ED invoice/wholesale price sheet. If he/she refuses to share it with you, just walk.

By the way, as of October, there is also a $50 German road tax that will added to your ED price.

No, the whole point of the ED is that you get to experience the car in the home environment where it was developed. Pricing alone is the wrong reason why you should consider the ED program. Once you consider the plane tickets and room/board, you won't be ahead too much, especially if you consider the extra delay getting your car back to the States.

Group buy for $50k+ cars? Good luck with that. Send me a PM for a real good price in SCal though.

kohjul
10-26-2010, 12:46 AM
well yeah, but for me is to reduce the cost itself, cuz im planning on ed then go to europe for 3 days just for take the cars and maybe go around munich and go home :)
yeah i will... what pricing do you want? ed or just the normal one?

DreamCar
10-26-2010, 05:58 AM
Typically, rounded up to the nearest $50, so the % doesn't work out exactly. Just ask your dealer for the ED invoice/wholesale price sheet. If he/she refuses to share it with you, just walk.

Hi thanks for the info...but nearest 50 to what price?

enigma
10-26-2010, 11:17 PM
Hi thanks for the info...but nearest 50 to what price?

Rounded up to the nearest $50, period. Not ambiguous.

E.g. If your % calculation comes up to $1239, BMW rounds it up to $1250. If another calculation gives you $598, BMW rounds it up to $600.

kohjul
10-26-2010, 11:28 PM
oooo now i get it.... thx man!
i just got a good price for 528i ed :D

enigma
10-27-2010, 12:03 AM
oooo now i get it.... thx man!
i just got a good price for 528i ed :D

Good luck with your ED. It's going to be your longest wait.

By the way, make sure you study hard! Your parents are paying a bundle of money so that you can study English.

By the wayx2, I was actually wrong. It's rounded up to the nearest $10, not $50. My bad.

kohjul
10-27-2010, 12:06 AM
LOL... how long i need to wait for that car until arrive to us? 6 weeks from munich to us?
I will study hard... :D

bfv
10-27-2010, 06:08 AM
Yeah.....he will study hard in the car :rofl: