PDA

View Full Version : Iphone bmw remote app - works in the US

Pages : [1] 2

bmwthestates
10-24-2010, 02:49 PM
Hi all. I have been following this forum for some time and wanted to contribute with something that many people have been wondering about.

I just tested the bmw iphone remote app on my car. And it worked.

Most of you would say that the iphone app is not available to the US market. But, here are the steps that you can take and start using it right here in the US.

1. Create an itunes account in the UK (you may provide a random address). You can do that even if you live here in the US. The only constraint is you can't purchase apps that are not free. But "My BMW Remote" iphone app is for free. So, you can download it without a problem on your PC/Mac.

2. Transfer the app to your iphone.

3. You will get two options - demo mode or actual registration. Click on the latter.

4. Enter your BMW Assist account user name (This is the email you provided BMW the day you bought the car. It gets active right away. I was able to use the app a few hours after I got the car).

5. Enter the password that you provided your dealer when setting up the BMW Assist account.

6. You get a new screen asking for a password again. It is the same password.

7. You will see a screen that shows exactly your car's model and color. Click on it (not on the arrow). Here you may set up pin code for privacy.

8. Now you can start using all functions of My BMW Remore iphone app: a) remote open and lock the car; b) find the location of your car; c) sound the horn; d) flash the headlights. All of these are working great, and yes, here in the US.

What I am missing is remote climate contol and the ability to send google addresses right from within the app.

I hope this will help you start using this great app. It works with a delay (about 30 seconds). But, it is great to have that option.

Let me know how yours is working.

Cheers

DXK
10-24-2010, 03:29 PM
I assume, that the inability to control climate and google have to do with the software version of idrive and / or combox.
I don't have the car yet, so one needs to find out for the Euro folks what kind of software they got in their cars. In any case, since it's a software matter the update will some day be available here.

schlagle
10-24-2010, 04:47 PM
Sweet sweet sweet. I was hoping that app would get her soon but now we don't even have to wait for it! I can't wait to see what they do with it in the future.

dadesidon
10-24-2010, 04:56 PM
can someone upload the .ipa for us to download rather than having to set up UK iTunes accounts.

alex_c
10-24-2010, 06:52 PM
I just downloaded it to my iPad and IT WORKS GREAT!!!

Just scared teh $%^&* out of my wife by sounding the horn while she was in the garage... :rofl:

The hard part is creating a UK based iTunes account to be able to download the app, but once I donwloaded it, it is really nice.

The ability to find the vehicle makes it worth it by itself.

I also have the following functions: Sound horn 2 times, Flash headlights 3 times, lock/unlock and locate vehicle.

I wanted to try this before but couldn't get to download the app. The sad part is that I'm suposed to be a mobility expert, and to get the account created, I needed the help of my very own mini-hacker: My 12 Year old son.

mzwicker
10-24-2010, 09:55 PM
How do you setup a uk iTunes account?

DrA
10-24-2010, 10:47 PM

I am having the same problem

Can any one post the app for download?

Thanks

I tried to setup uk itunes but needed uk credit card

nosnoop
10-24-2010, 11:21 PM

Very easy.
Open iTunes, click on the country flag on the right lower corner, change the location to UK.

Do NOT click on the Sign-In.
Browse for any free apps. The My BMW Remote works fine. Click on the "Free" button to "Buy" the app. You would be offered an option to "Create New Account".
Instead of the usual required payment info to be filled, you will have an added option of "None"

http://techjunkie.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/itunes-address.png

Select the "None" payment. Fill in any UK address.
Make sure you use a different email address than your usual iTunes account.
They would send you a verification email. Once verified, log back into iTunes UK and download the app!

DrA
10-24-2010, 11:52 PM
Thank you, downloaded.
Now I have to set up BMW Access because the dealer promissed to set it up with our agreed password but login does not work with this app. let you all know how it works in few minutes.

Sputnik1961
10-25-2010, 06:35 AM
Don't get too mad about this question but does this app only work with apple products. I have a Droid X (I-Phone not available in verizon) and would like to try out the app. I know others have asked but can someone upload the app so I can try it.

grizzles
10-25-2010, 08:18 AM
Very easy.
Open iTunes, click on the country flag on the right lower corner, change the location to UK.

Do NOT click on the Sign-In.
Browse for any free apps. The My BMW Remote works fine. Click on the "Free" button to "Buy" the app. You would be offered an option to "Create New Account".
Instead of the usual required payment info to be filled, you will have an added option of "None"

http://techjunkie.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/itunes-address.png

Select the "None" payment. Fill in any UK address.
Make sure you use a different email address than your usual iTunes account.
They would send you a verification email. Once verified, log back into iTunes UK and download the app!

i dont get the "NONE" option.

Can you send me a copy or post of your file?

DreamCar
10-25-2010, 08:30 AM
Don't get too mad about this question but does this app only work with apple products. I have a Droid X (I-Phone not available in verizon) and would like to try out the app. I know others have asked but can someone upload the app so I can try it.

I don't think it will work that way as the runtimes are different.

I heard iPhone is going to be available for Verizon customers also pretty soon.

Sputnik1961
10-25-2010, 09:25 AM
I don't think it will work that way as the runtimes are different.

I heard iPhone is going to be available for Verizon customers also pretty soon.

I have been hearing that for years now. I was waiting for the iPhone but then my phone finnally bit the dust and I had to get something. I figured the best thing to do would get a smart phone versus a dumb phone. I know have to wait a year to get another phone. Oh well. Thanks

repstein
10-25-2010, 09:56 AM
I downloaded the app just fine on my iPad but can't seem to login. I contacted BMW Assist and they were useless. I do know the password that I assigned when I signed up for BMW Assist, but no go. Any ideas?

Randy

repstein
10-25-2010, 11:15 AM
One more thing, I read that the car (7 series in my case) must be built from October 2010 on. Mine was built September 6th, but does include the Combox controller. Shouldn't it work?

Randy

DreamCar
10-25-2010, 12:26 PM
One more thing, I read that the car (7 series in my case) must be built from October 2010 on. Mine was built September 6th, but does include the Combox controller. Shouldn't it work?

Randy

As people are saying it is working through BMW assist ..if your car has BMW assist it should work practically.

repstein
10-25-2010, 12:36 PM
As people are saying it is working through BMW assist ..if your car has BMW assist it should work practically.

Great, now if I only could get my login to work properly. :(

I've called BMW Assist a few times to verify that they have my email address perfectly and I changed my password to a longer password (instead of a 4 digit number) thinking that may be it. Still no go.

DreamCar
10-25-2010, 01:00 PM
Great, now if I only could get my login to work properly. :(

I've called BMW Assist a few times to verify that they have my email address perfectly and I changed my password to a longer password (instead of a 4 digit number) thinking that may be it. Still no go.

May be your mobile was not able to access the Internet just check if you have good signal

repstein
10-25-2010, 01:03 PM
May be your mobile was not able to access the Internet just check if you have good signal

Nope, that's not it. I tried in multiple locations and I have great signal at my house (we're right near a cell tower).

It's outright telling me my username and/or password is invalid.

Randy

shortcut3d
10-25-2010, 01:36 PM
Nice! I got the BMW Remote App to work. I get horn, headlights, lock/unlock, and send to car from Google Maps. Of all the features, the send to car from Google Maps will be used the most frequently. It's annoying that Google Maps doesn't have the option from the iPad.

bmwthestates
10-25-2010, 02:21 PM
Shortcut3d:
Could you tell how you managed to send locations via google map? What is your iphone version?
Every time i try it it gives me the following message written under ine big X "response code 500" etc.
This feature would be so good to have.

listerone
10-25-2010, 03:06 PM
IIRC I read that this app is available on the Blackberry as well.Can anyone confirm this? I'm largely illiterate when it comes to cell phones and computer stuff but if it is I'd look forward to this ability when I order my (diesel,hopefully) F10 next summer.

shortcut3d
10-25-2010, 03:09 PM
Sorry.... I spoke to soon. It fails after send. However, I got the same response when sending through Google Maps the first half a dozen times. My car is in a parking garage with no signal for BMW Assist. I'll try when its in open air.

repstein
10-25-2010, 03:10 PM
OK, finally got it to work. It was the PIN number (not the password on file with BMW Assist) that the dealer set up. Silly, I forgot there are multiple "passwords" on the account. In any case, I was able to get vehicle tracking, sound horn, flash headlights, and lock/unlock to work. Send to vehicle gives me the error <response><code>500</code></response>. Oh well, I'm sure that should work when the US version is released. I'm quite happy the way it works!

Thanks to shortcut3d for reminding me there are multiple passwords/PINs on the account.

Regards,

Randy

ChgoBob
10-25-2010, 03:16 PM
Nice! I got the BMW Remote App to work. I get horn, headlights, lock/unlock, and send to car from Google Maps. Of all the features, the send to car from Google Maps will be used the most frequently. It's annoying that Google Maps doesn't have the option from the iPad.

I also got the BMW Remote app working. I don't know that I'm overly impressed with it, but granted it is novel. The lock/unlock worked, but the light flash or horn didn't seem to work. For those who haven't yet tried this app keep in mind that it's not like using your fob. It takes time for the request to get to your car. The lock/unlock took about 45 seconds to execute. I'll continue to experiment with it.

The Google Maps "send to my car" is a real time saver though. Worked perfectly first time for me (after I had setup my BMW assist account/password). Much easier than entering a navigation destination via iDrive. Although I haven't tried doing this via voice command yet.

repstein
10-25-2010, 04:42 PM
I also got the BMW Remote app working. I don't know that I'm overly impressed with it, but granted it is novel. The lock/unlock worked, but the light flash or horn didn't seem to work. For those who haven't yet tried this app keep in mind that it's not like using your fob. It takes time for the request to get to your car. The lock/unlock took about 45 seconds to execute. I'll continue to experiment with it.

The Google Maps "send to my car" is a real time saver though. Worked perfectly first time for me (after I had setup my BMW assist account/password). Much easier than entering a navigation destination via iDrive. Although I haven't tried doing this via voice command yet.

I noticed that on older vehicles (BMW Assist still lists my 2008 750Li for example), it only has the lock/unlock and locate options. Maybe the other features are for newer cars? What year is yours?

Randy

nosnoop
10-25-2010, 06:26 PM
IIRC I read that this app is available on the Blackberry as well.Can anyone confirm this?

At this point, it is available on iPhone only.
Most likely, other phones will be supported in the future.

bmwthestates
10-25-2010, 08:59 PM
ChgoBob,
How did you manage to get the "send to the car" command function? You are talking about the Bmw Remite iphone app, right?
Did you have to be outside with your car? Did you have to be inside your car?
I couldnt get it function yet. But the rest works great.

grizzles
10-25-2010, 09:49 PM
ChgoBob,
How did you manage to get the "send to the car" command function? You are talking about the Bmw Remite iphone app, right?

i cant get the google to work either.

does anyone have the climate option on their app?

would love to add a laundry list of options

1. remote start
2. fold mirrors
3. close/open windows
4. seat heater
5. rear sun visor
6. remote control of anything that i can do in the car.

DrA
10-26-2010, 04:38 AM
mine works fine after entering pin code in addition to the password. Locking the car remotly is the best when you forget if you locked it or not and there are guns or valuables inside.:violent::) I think turning the air conditioning on remotly will be very usfull here in So Cal. Can I track the car when someone else is driving my car or it only shows where it is parked? If not are there other apps that I can add on driver's I phone and track him?

listerone
10-26-2010, 08:31 AM
would love to add a laundry list of options

1. remote start
2. fold mirrors
3. close/open windows
4. seat heater
5. rear sun visor
6. remote control of anything that i can do in the car.

I looked into a remote starter for my "d" but was told it can't be done because,in cold weather particularly,the glow plugs wouldn't be able to activate as required.One of the (few) drawback of driving a diesel.

kocsis
10-26-2010, 10:01 AM
One stupid question: how do you transfer the app to your iphone when that is already synched to my US account? I don't want to mess that up.

zion8343
10-26-2010, 11:00 AM
mine works fine after entering pin code in addition to the password. Locking the car remotly is the best when you forget if you locked it or not and there are guns or valuables inside.:violent::) I think turning the air conditioning on remotly will be very usfull here in So Cal. Can I track the car when someone else is driving my car or it only shows where it is parked? If not are there other apps that I can add on driver's I phone and track him?

I'm still having issue with the login. are you saying you're entering your user name and the for the PW...both your PIN AND your PW on the same line as one string of characters?

Thanks for the help.

nosnoop
10-26-2010, 11:24 AM
One stupid question: how do you transfer the app to your iphone when that is already synched to my US account? I don't want to mess that up.

Once you have downloaded the app from UK iTunes, and you have authorized your current PC for your UK account, the app would automatically be sent to your iPhone next time you synch.

In iTunes, if you click on your device, you see the "Summary" of your iPhone. And in the top row "Tabs", click on Apps, and you see the list of apps in your iTunes. And if you right click on the app, e.g. My BMW Remote, and select "Get Info", it will tell you exactly which account (US or UK) this app belongs to.

If and when there is an update to the BMW apps in the future, you will notice that there is an extra update available in the notification, but nothing listed. You will need to login into your UK iTunes, the update would then show up and you can download it.

kocsis
10-26-2010, 01:57 PM
Once you have downloaded the app from UK iTunes, and you have authorized your current PC for your UK account, the app would automatically be sent to your iPhone next time you synch.

In iTunes, if you click on your device, you see the "Summary" of your iPhone. And in the top row "Tabs", click on Apps, and you see the list of apps in your iTunes. And if you right click on the app, e.g. My BMW Remote, and select "Get Info", it will tell you exactly which account (US or UK) this app belongs to.

If and when there is an update to the BMW apps in the future, you will notice that there is an extra update available in the notification, but nothing listed. You will need to login into your UK iTunes, the update would then show up and you can download it.

So, can you have both a US and a UK iTunes account on the same PC (with different email addresses of course)? And if so, can you synch your iPhone with both, without somehow wiping out all of the apps and data downloaded say from the US iTunes account when connecting to the UK iTunes account? Or should I put the UK account on another computer?

nosnoop
10-26-2010, 02:10 PM
So, can you have both a US and a UK iTunes account on the same PC (with different email addresses of course)?

Yes, they co-exist quite happily. In fact, I have accounts with Canada, US and UK.

And if so, can you synch your iPhone with both, without somehow wiping out all of the apps and data downloaded say from the US iTunes account when connecting to the UK iTunes account? Or should I put the UK account on another computer?

You don't need to. When you first created the account, it may complain that your computer was not authorized with your first sync. Once corrected, all subsequent synch is fine.

You can log into your different account freely. It will recognize which country that account belongs to and change the location for you if you sign in with your different email address/apple ID.

GiaGiaJa
10-26-2010, 02:25 PM
I'm sorry you guys. Am I the only one that can't even find that app.?
What will be the name on search?

MooseF10
10-26-2010, 02:33 PM
I'm sorry you guys. Am I the only one that can't even find that app.?
What will be the name on search?

Search for "BMW remote" on the UK iTunes site.

GiaGiaJa
10-26-2010, 02:40 PM
Search for "BMW remote" on the UK iTunes site.

Thanks!! Have a good day

Jblackbelt
10-26-2010, 07:14 PM
I also cant login for either my 2010 750Li xdrive or my 2011 X6 35i. BMW Assist says they have never heard of a pin and dont have access to it. Only the password. how did you get passed the login error?

Big Pete
10-26-2010, 10:37 PM
Any chance the app is available for Blackberry??

kocsis
10-27-2010, 06:01 AM
I successfully created a new account and downloaded the app. Now, however, when I connected my iPhone, if I ask for it to "synch" apps, it tells me that my other apps (from the other iTunes acount) will be deleted. How do you add the BMW app from a separate (UK) iTunes account without deleting the apps and other info from the other itunes account?

tcfila
10-27-2010, 07:08 AM
i also cant login for either my 2010 750li xdrive or my 2011 x6 35i. Bmw assist says they have never heard of a pin and dont have access to it. Only the password. How did you get passed the login error?

+1

nosnoop
10-27-2010, 11:43 AM
I successfully created a new account and downloaded the app. Now, however, when I connected my iPhone, if I ask for it to "synch" apps, it tells me that my other apps (from the other iTunes acount) will be deleted. How do you add the BMW app from a separate (UK) iTunes account without deleting the apps and other info from the other itunes account?

This is very strange indeed. You are using the same PC, right?
'Cos iTunes synch all your stuff you currently have on your PC right now. So if you switch to a new PC without all the apps/music/video/photo etc, they will be deleted from your iPhone.

Here in Canada, many users have US accounts to get US only apps. We do this all the time and never have any problems with synching apps from both accounts.

kocsis
10-27-2010, 11:46 AM
My fault...was using two separate PCs. Will try putting both accounts on same PC tonight.

ChgoBob
10-27-2010, 11:59 AM
I noticed that on older vehicles (BMW Assist still lists my 2008 750Li for example), it only has the lock/unlock and locate options. Maybe the other features are for newer cars? What year is yours?

Randy

2011 535ix

ChgoBob
10-27-2010, 12:01 PM
ChgoBob,

My apologies is my post was unclear. On the "send to my car", I was speaking of using Google maps - not the iPhone. I was using it on my desktop PC in my home office.

clspruiell
10-29-2010, 01:51 PM
I found the app, but when i click "free" to download it it asks me to sign in. When i sign in with my new UK account (new addy etc), it asks for billing information and tells me that my billing address must be a UK one. It does not give an option for "none".

just like apple to demand my credit card information just to get something for free.. where's the droid app!!! someone create one soon haha.

kocsis
10-29-2010, 02:08 PM
You have to register after you click free. Then it works. Cannot do it in other order....

repstein
10-29-2010, 03:20 PM
I found the app, but when i click "free" to download it it asks me to sign in. When i sign in with my new UK account (new addy etc), it asks for billing information and tells me that my billing address must be a UK one. It does not give an option for "none".

just like apple to demand my credit card information just to get something for free.. where's the droid app!!! someone create one soon haha.

Yes, you need to put in a "valid" UK address, but that's easy enough. For the credit card request, it will give you "none" as an option.

Randy

shortcut3d
10-31-2010, 10:11 AM
Hi All,

The app stopped working for me. Well the app works but no longer communicates with the car. I can send the command(data transmitted), but always get the car did not respond error.

kocsis
11-09-2010, 07:48 PM
I just signed up with BMW Assist. Dealer put in my name and my 4 digit numerical password. But I don't know what's my user name - I tried my first and last name, with and without spaces; just my last name; my email address- all with the 4 digit password. No use. What am I doing wrong?

nosnoop
11-09-2010, 10:27 PM
But I don't know what's my user name - I tried my first and last name, with and without spaces; just my last name; my email address- all with the 4 digit password. No use. What am I doing wrong?

Your user name should be the email address you use to register with BMW assist.
You can press the SOS button in your car to verify that your account is active and the logon info is correct.

Reallybro1
11-09-2010, 10:39 PM
Your user name should be the email address you use to register with BMW assist.
You can press the SOS button in your car to verify that your account is active and the logon info is correct.
I did exactly that, used email, used my pw/pin, & stll can't connect.

kocsis
11-10-2010, 06:21 AM
Exactly same problem. Cannot connect. Is the password/pin the word letter code you provided your dealer when he filled out the BMW Assist contract on line?

goodmanal
11-10-2010, 07:02 AM
Exactly same problem. Cannot connect. Is the password/pin the word letter code you provided your dealer when he filled out the BMW Assist contract on line?

Isn't the password your email address and not the PIN? That's what works for me.

kocsis
11-10-2010, 07:06 AM
if the password is the email address, what's the user name?

goodmanal
11-10-2010, 07:18 AM
if the password is the email address, what's the user name?

The user name and the password are both the email address. I should note that this works for the optional BMW Assist Convenience plan. I don't know if it works for the iPhone App.

kocsis
11-10-2010, 09:22 AM
That doesn't work either

Reallybro1
11-10-2010, 11:00 AM

Actually, I registered with BMW Assist through their 800#. And I created an alphanumeric pin/pw. After tried to login to BMW remote, I called them to verify my info, & was told that my info is correct. Something else is going on.:dunno:

kocsis
11-10-2010, 01:50 PM
Called BMW Assist and they reset my email address. I was able to connect. My car's new color is Carbonschwarz

Reallybro1
11-10-2010, 02:40 PM
Called BMW Assist and they reset my email address. I was able to connect. My car's new color is Carbonschwarz

Did you specify a reason for resetting your email? I didn't want to let them know the reason I was requesting my info; I can still email google maps to my idrive, so I think my email address is current.

Reallybro1
11-10-2010, 02:42 PM
Oh, & my new color is Tiefgruen Metallic, with Leder Dakota/naturbraun upholstery!

kocsis
11-10-2010, 03:15 PM
If that's the case, your problem is different. I told them I needed it for Google maps. Once they reset, I could use it for the iPhone app

CC Brown
11-11-2010, 12:47 PM
I got the BMW remote app off the Great Britain site and it works for lock/unlock, flash lights and blow horn. However when I try to send google maps it sends back an X indicating an error.

Has anyone got it to work with Google maps?

grizzles
11-11-2010, 06:42 PM
I got the BMW remote app off the Great Britain site and it works for lock/unlock, flash lights and blow horn. However when I try to send google maps it sends back an X indicating an error.

mine doesnt work either with google, maybe i need the bmw assist package.

Rick24C
11-14-2010, 06:03 PM
I am having the same problem; can not login.

shortcut3d
11-15-2010, 03:20 PM

So far, lights and horn are working through the app on my F10. But I can't seem to get door lock confirmation or the location features to work. Google maps also does not work.

lecompte
11-20-2010, 12:20 PM
Those of you who have been able to log into the application how did you do it?
I've tried using my BMW assist username/password but that doesn't work.
I confirmed my username/password with BMW assist and it still doesnt' work.
I then asked them to reload my username and password just to see if that made a difference but I still can't log into the My BMW remote iphone app.
I've tried the suggestion of using the email for username and password and that also doesnt' work.
I called BMW assist to ask them what my "PIN" number was and they have never heard of a PIN number and said the only password is the one I already know. I called the BMW Dealer and asked them if they provided a PIN number when they setup my BMW assist and they also have never heard of a PIN number and the only password they have is the same one I use for my BMW Assist.

So, what did you guys enter? How did you obtain different information that allowed it to work?

nosnoop
11-20-2010, 12:32 PM
So, what did you guys enter? How did you obtain different information that allowed it to work?

Nothing special.
Just the BMW Assist account username and password; and my username is my registered email address.
There is no such thing as a PIN (I also got confused by some of the info posted here). Only the PIN (iPhone lock screen) for your App, but that's optional. I saw the sales rep registering my BMW Assist account on his computer, and there were only two fields to enter - username and password.

Do you have a navigation system? Does Google send address to your car works? That's another test for your BMW Assist account. Other than asking BMW Assist to reset your email address and password, I can't think of another reason why it would not work.

lecompte
11-20-2010, 01:05 PM
thanks nosnoop, you confirmed exactly what I was thinking too and I especially appreciate you confirming there is no "PIN"
Yes, I can send google maps to the car without a problem (from the computer). BMW Assist did tell me they've had an intermittent problem with google maps lately. According to the BMW assist rep it's an internal issue at BMW and can usually be be fixed by "removing then adding" your email address back to your BMW assist account. So, if anyone is not getting their google maps when you send it from a computer you might want to call BMW Assist and ask them to remove your email address then add it back.

as far as to why the app isn't working for me I'm still a bit baffled. I'll keep hammering at it.

tmesher
11-20-2010, 03:16 PM
I have the app installed but cant get past the log in screen. I have tried the my user name which is the same I use at google maps to send to the car from there and my password that BMW assist uses to verify who i am. But no luck. I asked bmw assist to reset my account and that still didnt work. I dont know of any other pin/password and BMW assist has no other info on my account other then the Email and the password on record. No knowledge of a pin. This UK app is spreading fast but they cant offer any help. If any one knows how to get past the app login . please email me at tmesher@mac.com

thanks
todd

CC Brown
11-21-2010, 07:14 AM
This app is not worth the trouble. It will be available here next year is what I read. If you can send google maps to your car from google then this apps should work. You have to make sure you hold the light flash or horn beep button for a couple of seconds to get it to work. IIf you cannot send maps to your car from google then you won't get this app to work!

nosnoop
11-21-2010, 03:21 PM
This app is not worth the trouble.

I totally disagree. It is such a cool app.

CC Brown
11-21-2010, 03:42 PM
There are cool apps and useful apps. This is not a useful app. I have never needed to unlock my car this way ever. I have never needed to beep my horn or flash my lights. I would like to be able to send an address to my car from my iPhone but this app will not do that now.

When I beep the horn all it does is scare my dog! She does not even think it's cool.

nosnoop
11-21-2010, 04:59 PM
There are cool apps and useful apps. This is not a useful app. I have never needed to unlock my car this way ever. I have never needed to beep my horn or flash my lights.

[shrug] to each its own, I suppose. Some of the functions are not designed to be "everyday use". They are meant to be safe guard for the odd occasion when you might have forgotten to lock the car, or for the occasion when you park your car in an unfamiliar large parking lot to allow you to locate your car quickly in the dark. I also like to check on my car sometimes to see it is safe and remain where I parked it :) So to me, it is a useful app and a cool app.

B-1 Pilot
11-21-2010, 05:52 PM
of course.. if you have an iPhone in the first place, just use any one of the many apps that allows to you drop a virtual pin at your parking location, and walk back to you lost car without trying to home in a minute delayed horn honk.

However the google map feature is awesome only because the nav even in the new iDrive is a pain in the butt, and the routing tends to be poop. I often have to put in intermediary stops just to make it go the way i want (and I almost always want the shortest/fastest). Often the google maps on my iphone or ipad are way more accurate than the BMW nav. The new iDrive also allows for custom routes to be saved, but only ones the idrive finds for you, not modified or multileg segments... this should solve this problem as well.

MDGeist
11-22-2010, 09:36 AM
I did get the app to work after I called BMW to reset my e-mail address.
I have:
- Sound horn
- Flash headlights
- lock/unlock
I don't have
- Climate control
I have a week 39 with the Combox 6VC confirmed.

Don't understand why I don't get the climate control.
Is there a way to activate this?
I also tried to find an online login for BMW assist, but http://bmw.connecteddrive.info only shows infos, no login and at https://www.bmwusa.com/secured/content/forms/login.aspx login I don't get any BMW assist information.

Any help would be appreciated.

Rick24C
11-23-2010, 07:12 PM
Where or how do I get the PIN number? I am using the password (4 digits) that is on file with BMW Assist.

MDGeist
11-23-2010, 10:24 PM
The password is the BMW Assist password. The pin is whatever you chose it to be. It will be asked everytime you open the app (unless you change it in the settings). Like it does for the log screen on your iPhone.

nosnoop
11-24-2010, 01:16 AM
Where or how do I get the PIN number? I am using the password (4 digits) that is on file with BMW Assist.

Don't worry about the PIN, there is no such thing as a "PIN" for your BMW Assist account. You just need your username and password.

Once you are able to login, you can optionally set up a PIN for an iPhone lock screen for your app, so other people picking up your phone would not be able to access the app, that's all.

blulite
11-24-2010, 06:07 AM
All those haveing problems finding the "None" option for the credit card:

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht2534

fcsaiano
11-25-2010, 06:35 AM
That worked, thanks!

SF328xic
11-26-2010, 06:32 AM
I have a 2011 328 e92. I can log in on iPhone4 but only see lock/unlock, no option to sound horn or flash light. Anyone has similar problem? Google map returns error code 500 too -- from within BMW app.
Thank you for your help!

nosnoop
11-26-2010, 05:31 PM
I have a 2011 328 e92. I can log in on iPhone4 but only see lock/unlock, no option to sound horn or flash light. Anyone has similar problem? Google map returns error code 500 too -- from within BMW app.
Thank you for your help!

You need newer hardware to support all the functions (post September build for F10).
Older hardware would only support lock/unlock.

Google map does not seem to be working in north america yet.

tmesher
11-26-2010, 05:41 PM
It finally dawned on me that I need to pay the $199 a year to get the app to work. Is that correct?

nosnoop
11-26-2010, 06:12 PM
It finally dawned on me that I need to pay the $199 a year to get the app to work. Is that correct?

You need an active BMW Assist account to work.
Usually you get the first year free.

tmesher
11-27-2010, 03:24 PM
I have a new 2011 335i and the BMW assist works with google maps but I don't have the concierge service that which costs extra ( $199) I assume that's when the login works?

MannyFresh21
11-27-2010, 03:45 PM
I cant seem to make a itunes account. I am just missing a postcode can anybody tell me what to put

MannyFresh21
11-27-2010, 04:17 PM
I dont know what my BMW assist account is how do i figure it out

listerone
11-27-2010, 04:53 PM
I dont know what my BMW assist account is how do i figure it out

IIRC,you press the "SOS" button near your rear view mirror and set things up with the person who answers.I recall that it wasn't difficult and didn't take long.BMW Assist was a *big* reason for my decision to go with BMW so I did it right away.In addition to the automatic crash response feature (and others) it's handy when using Google Maps so you can send yourself directions to a particular point...or someone can do it for you.

listerone
11-27-2010, 04:55 PM
You need an active BMW Assist account to work.
Usually you get the first year free.

In the US,at least,it's four years free.At least that's what *I* got with my '09.I suppose it could be different today.

Zathris
11-29-2010, 11:57 PM
In the US,at least,it's four years free.At least that's what *I* got with my '09.I suppose it could be different today.

Yes, I got 4 years of free safety level BMW Assist. Note, I did upgrade the service too.

For others, a Sept build seems to get the extra features. My Sept (week 37) built 550i has lock/unlock, flash lights, and honk horn, [ed:add locator]. Notably, I did not get climate control.

Send PC Google map to nav works. I've not tested the mobile app's send map ability.
6VC: Combox

I don't have an iPhone but did play with this on an iPod Touch 4g. Less useful I know but was still fun.

-Zathris

anthony@empireleasing
12-02-2010, 01:02 PM
Anyone pre sept make progress getting combox upgrade??? I want to fight bmw on this one was hoping strength in numbers.

Sent from my Nexus One using BimmerApp

maxM6
12-03-2010, 11:19 AM
The key to getting the app is to switch to the UK site and then browse for the APP. Don't try to sign in or creeate an accoutn first as you won't get the NONE payment option. Browse then use a UK address and you will be able to download the app as I just did and I am in NY.

sajison
12-03-2010, 11:46 AM
The key to getting the app is to switch to the UK site and then browse for the APP. Don't try to sign in or creeate an accoutn first as you won't get the NONE payment option. Browse then use a UK address and you will be able to download the app as I just did and I am in NY.

hey, i downloaded the app and it is in my itunes, but i can't get it on my phone. keeps telling me that my computer isn't authorized for it. Any ideas?

vandyjmf05
12-03-2010, 12:31 PM
Can someone just post or message me their fake UK-based account email and password? That seems like the most seamless way to allow all to get the app. My iTunes software does not permit opening a UK account without valid CC#, but it appears some have been able to open an account without having to provide a valid CC# and fake personal info? Seems like a riskless proposition. Many thanks. (inaugural post).

maxM6
12-03-2010, 12:49 PM
You need to in itunes sign in with the UK account name and password you created and then authorize that PC.

vandyjmf05
12-03-2010, 01:04 PM
Now seeing earlier posts, I was able to open the account and download the app. Btw, you can do this directly onto your iphone if you prefer, bypassing your computer for those with worries regarding sync functionality.

maxM6
12-03-2010, 01:35 PM
Vandyjmf05 - Don't sign in or create account on the UK itunes site. Just get to the itunes for UK and then do a search for BMW Remote, click it and then when it wants you to create an account you will have a NONE for the credit card option. Just make up a street address in the UK and you should be good to go. One thing I will point out is that it will wnat you to after download to Authorize the PC you are on to load it to Iphone or ipod. Make sure you sign in with the email accoutn and password you created for the UK site. Don't use yoru US site login since it wont work. All else fail PM and I will help you further.

Ron T
12-04-2010, 06:18 PM
Okay, I've read this entire thread. Got through setting up the UK account and now have this remote app on my iPhone, but just like many others here, am unable to log into it. I'm having no trouble sending Google maps to my car using my computer. I know that my logon is my email address. But the darn password won't take. However it's the one that I set up with BMW Assist when I made my initial call last week to establish the account. I've tried upper case, lower case, combinations of both, all to no avail.

So what's the consensus on the best way to be able to get past the logon screen now that we've all gone through the trouble of establishing our UK iTunes account. Please, someone who's had luck getting this app to work.

Reallybro1
12-04-2010, 06:40 PM
Okay, I've read this entire thread. Got through setting up the UK account and now have this remote app on my iPhone, but just like many others here, am unable to log into it. I'm having no trouble sending Google maps to my car using my computer. I know that my logon is my email address. But the darn password won't take. However it's the one that I set up with BMW Assist when I made my initial call last week to establish the account. I've tried upper case, lower case, combinations of both, all to no avail.

So what's the consensus on the best way to be able to get past the logon screen now that we've all gone through the trouble of establishing our UK iTunes account. Please, someone who's had luck getting this app to work.

I've even had BMW Assist to reset my email address, & I still can't access the logon; I had seen where some posters said this worked. I don't know what else to do. Maybe wait on us version.:dunno:

Ron T
12-04-2010, 06:55 PM
Now I got it to work. Here's what I did. When I picked up my car last week, the dealer assigned the password of BMW for my BMW Assist Account. My instructions were that, when I made the initial c all to BMW Assist, that I was to change my password, which I did, and which it what I was trying to enter initially on this app. After typing the above post, out of frustration, I used BMW as the password, as voila, I was able to logon. Then it asked me to create a pin, which I did, and I am now able to use the app. Just went into my garage to lock/unlock doors and flash headlights. It worked, although response time was very, very slow. I suspect that it's because the car is in my garage and perhaps the satellite had difficulty finding my vehicle.

So for anyone still having difficulty, try using the initial password that you were given by your dealer. That suggests to me that their database has not been updated based upon the verbal conversation I had with the individual who took my initial SOS call last week after I took delivery of my vehicle.

repstein
12-04-2010, 07:09 PM
Now I got it to work. Here's what I did. When I picked up my car last week, the dealer assigned the password of BMW for my BMW Assist Account. My instructions were that, when I made the initial c all to BMW Assist, that I was to change my password, which I did, and which it what I was trying to enter initially on this app. After typing the above post, out of frustration, I used BMW as the password, as voila, I was able to logon. Then it asked me to create a pin, which I did, and I am now able to use the app. Just went into my garage to lock/unlock doors and flash headlights. It worked, although response time was very, very slow. I suspect that it's because the car is in my garage and perhaps the satellite had difficulty finding my vehicle.

So for anyone still having difficulty, try using the initial password that you were given by your dealer. That suggests to me that their database has not been updated based upon the verbal conversation I had with the individual who took my initial SOS call last week after I took delivery of my vehicle.

This is correct. It's the initial password the dealer set up with BMW assist. This password should be on your vehicle recovery paperwork, btw.

Regards,

Randy

salamigs
12-04-2010, 09:02 PM
Hey Ron, you went through something very similar to what I did. I set up the Assist account without changing the password. Then downloaded the app, which worked fine in the first try.

And then I decided to change the pasword on the Assist account, which the BMWNA folks were able to do for me. But I realized that there is no way to change the password that the application uses. It is still the same old password (will not grant access with the new one), and obviously nobody could help me on this one. BMWNA says it is not supported (duh!), and BMW Europe tels me to call BMWNA.

So there somehow are two databases, both of which are updated on the original seeding, and after that it is just the north American database that gets updated. Oh well..

So it is not a lag between databases, they are two disjoint databases. Until this application is released in the USA for good, we are stuck with the original passwords...

Reallybro1
12-04-2010, 11:26 PM
So that means, for someone like me, that purchased CPO'd are screwed, because I changed the user & password from the original owner, so the app database is not recognizing me at all... Oh well...

schlagle
12-05-2010, 03:58 PM
Actually you could just call BMW and change it until you find the right combo. Let's see, 0000 thru 9999, which is 10,000 combinations at the most. :)

Actually you could try some very common ones like 1234, or 0000. Might be more work than it's worth though. I assume BMW will be releasing the app in the USA soon.

salamigs
12-05-2010, 04:02 PM
He is not talking about the PIN, but the password...

schlagle
12-05-2010, 04:07 PM
Password? Oh, I see now. I missed a couple of messages in this thread. I had no idea there was a password. Good to know!

Reallybro1
12-05-2010, 06:11 PM
Password? Oh, I see now. I missed a couple of messages in this thread. I had no idea there was a password. Good to know!

I was told by BMW Assist that the password/pin is the same. If there is something else to this, maybe it will help

xsi123
12-15-2010, 10:52 AM
Any chance that this will work on a 2011 3 series (Nov. build)?

user1796
12-15-2010, 02:26 PM
Works on my '09 5-Series with limited functionality - i.e., I can lock / unlock doors and find the car's position via GPS, and do this from halfway around the world - e.g., Taiwan, South Korea, etc. I can even roll down all of the windows and open the moonroof by sending two requests to unlock in quick succession. Can't beep the horn though, which I believe that someone in this thread said that they can do with an F10? I

think that if you have BMW Assist installed, you can do whatever they can do remotely since the app is simply designed to take the place of a call to them.

SF328xic
12-15-2010, 03:22 PM
Any chance that this will work on a 2011 3 series (Nov. build)?

Worked on my Sept2011 built 328xi coupe, again with limited functionality: can lock/unlock, can find my car if it is within 1500 ft. When it's farther away, the software returns a message saying the location can not be displayed due to privacy reasons. Don't have light flash and horn. Don't have option to send google address to car. Still valuable :) but I want more...:(

tmesher
12-18-2010, 10:28 AM
I dont know if I ever had an original password?? I remember activating the bmw assist by calling from my SOS button and giving a password over the phone in the car. And like everyone is saying on this thread, nobody from BMWNA know anything about this and cant offer any help. My question is, Do all you guys that have made this work pay the addl. $199 a year for the full BMW assist features? or is the iphone app working with the basic free SOS service?

Ron T
12-18-2010, 10:35 AM
I dont know if I ever had an original password?? I remember activating the bmw assist by calling from my SOS button and giving a password over the phone in the car. And like everyone is saying on this thread, nobody from BMWNA know anything about this and cant offer any help. My question is, Do all you guys that have made this work pay the addl. $199 a year for the full BMW assist features? or is the iphone app working with the basic free SOS service?

This is with the free SOS service that comes with the car for 4 years.

repstein
12-18-2010, 02:34 PM

The dealer, when they set up your car initially, set the password. They wrote the password on a piece of paper related to the theft/recovery portion of your paperwork. You can call your dealer and ask them for this password if you can't find this paperwork. Most use their own default password all the time.

Last part of your question was answered. I do have the convenience package ($199/year), but I have helped friends get this to work that did not.

Randy

tmesher
12-18-2010, 07:20 PM
Okay fellow BMWer dudes. I finally got it to work today well kinda. After a trip back to my dealer today, they were able to call up my original paper work in their computer. And just like some of you had said, my original password was right there. It was some random word my sales person had chosen. So I agree there are two data basses that dont talk to each other and the password on file with BMWNA assist is not the same used for this iphone app to work. So after entering my email and password from the dealer. I got to log in.

However I can only get it to lock and unlock the doors. I dont have an option for Honk the horn or Climate as the demo shows. And the worst part is, I cant send address to the car. I get and error: <respose><code>500</code></response>

Does anyone have any suggestions on this issue? Im able to send address from my computer with google maps just fine. I suspect its the username now. When I look at the bmw app settings where it says Change user: my user name is my email but it has swapped the name@place.com @ character for %40 so it reads name%40place.com now. My suspicion is that it doesnt see my proper email to send it. Has anyone gotten the send address to car work with the App?

thanks

tmesher
12-18-2010, 07:28 PM
I have a march build 2011 335i and was told that was the cut off and I would be able to have the upgrade. I bought it mid june and was promised from the dealer it would be fine. I guess this was a typical lie and I should have put it in writing. I thought it would be software and no big deal. Please let me know if there is some sort of upgrade path. I think its terrible to call it a 2011 and not have all the features of a 2011.

nosnoop
12-19-2010, 03:16 AM
And the worst part is, I cant send address to the car. I get and error: <respose><code>500</code></response>

The Google Send Address to car feature is not functional in north america yet. Remember that this My BMW Remote has not been officially launched outside Europe.

Inline Sixer
12-19-2010, 05:44 AM
Wow. Thanks for sharing. In a few years, it probably can do this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKAME9fAA-4&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Sent from my iPhone using BimmerApp

fcsaiano
12-19-2010, 06:14 AM
The only option I seem to have for my 08 550i is the Lock/Unlock slider, but when I try it I get a big X error message? Should I not be able to use the Locking feature?

user1796
12-19-2010, 08:37 PM
Wow. Thanks for sharing. In a few years, it probably can do this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKAME9fAA-4&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Now those are some options worth paying for . . .

TheCount1
12-23-2010, 06:00 AM
Is anyone using this app having issues with service visits and the dealer finding codes that they haven't seen before and don't understand?
I had an issue with my car contacting BMW Assist while parked and locked in my garage. After the first instance I downloaded and installed the app but didn't use it. The car contacted BMW Assist again the following morning, and when I brought it to the dealer, they said they found strange codes in the OBD. I never mentioned that I had installed the app.

As noted above I have a 335i Conv, September 2010 build.

TX535i
12-27-2010, 05:17 PM
Works! Awesome! I have a pre-Oct car, so all I can do is honk horn, flash lights, lock/unlock, and find car on google. The important thing for me was lock/unlock and find on google, so I'm happy. As said throughout the thread, the key is to have the original BMW Assist password.

Rick24C
01-12-2011, 09:17 PM
I finally got the app to work; however, the locate vehicle option is only good for 1500m in distance for privacy reasons. My thoughts are if you have to enter a password/pin in the app for YOUR vehicle then your privacy is protected.

I know where my car is located when it's in the garage and I am in the house.

Last, is there a way to remove the 1500m limitations?

BMWfanatic87
01-14-2011, 10:50 AM
Will this still work if you don't have BMW assist?

Titanflux
01-14-2011, 05:14 PM
Will this still work if you don't have BMW assist?

I don't believe so. BMW Assist is a requirement.

TX535i
01-15-2011, 11:15 AM
I had only tried it when my car was in the garage. Agree it doesn't help much if you don't know where your car is.

I finally got the app to work; however, the locate vehicle option is only good for 1500m in distance for privacy reasons. My thoughts are if you have to enter a password/pin in the app for YOUR vehicle then your privacy is protected.

I know where my car is located when it's in the garage and I am in the house.

Last, is there a way to remove the 1500m limitations?

maxM6
02-14-2011, 01:14 PM
I am having trouble when I am on my ipod asnd i want to log into the app to use it. I am asked for a username and password. I have tried the username and password associated with BMW assist and also the user name and pawword associated the the UK iTunes site where I downloaded the app. Can anyone provide insight as to what I am missing. Is it possible BMW removed this functionallity from US cars?

Rick24C
02-14-2011, 08:06 PM
Tried 1234 for password.

kocsis
02-15-2011, 09:53 AM
Mine used to work. Then I had to restore my iphone, and now I get a message "no vehicles are saved to your account". That's if I use the correct username and password. If I use the wrong password, there is a different error message. So, somehow I get into the account, but there is no vehicle stored there.

I tried to have BMW Assist reset the email address, and that still didn't work.

rajinator
02-26-2011, 03:50 AM
I got everything set up but i get an error saying 'Error occurred during data transfer' any idea?

mguhler
02-28-2011, 09:10 AM
figured things out

fcsaiano
03-01-2011, 04:39 AM
I got everything set up but i get an error saying 'Error occurred during data transfer' any idea?

I'm getting the very same message, will this not work for a 2008?

hilljf
03-01-2011, 06:37 PM
it took a little effort to create the uk account, etc. But being able to control the lights and lock of the car from my iPhone is totally cool. it works great. thanks for posting this.

The car is a 2011 550xi delivered in feb of 2011.

John

salamigs
03-01-2011, 11:30 PM
I am assuming nobody got the climate control options on the F10 for this app when activated? If anyone did (on an F10), can you please let us know how you did that?

jettie1767
03-02-2011, 07:50 PM
I'm getting 'no vehicles saved in this account' whenever I try to login. Anyone know how to get around this?

ThreeI
03-03-2011, 06:32 AM
I'm getting 'no vehicles saved in this account' whenever I try to login. Anyone know how to get around this?

Same here!!!

kocsis
03-03-2011, 02:09 PM
Same here! And before I had to reset my iPhone it worked perfectly.

GHOST PROTOCOL
03-19-2011, 06:44 PM
I recently purchased an iphone 4 at the Verizon Wireless store. After reading this thread, I think that I would rather wait to get the "My BMW Remote" app when it becomes available in the United States. Is anyone aware of any updated information regarding when it will be available?

aw328
03-27-2011, 01:10 PM
i called bmw assist from my car and asked them to change the password, but it still didn't work, but surprisingly the next morning when I tried the password again it worked! I was able to login and set my pin, but now its having trouble finding the car...

jdai
03-27-2011, 04:36 PM
With my 335i 2009 some how I only can unlock it but not lock! Any one?

aldaph
04-02-2011, 02:12 AM
With my 335i 2009 some how I only can unlock it but not lock! Any one?

Same here with my 2008 535i

tmesher
04-16-2011, 10:13 AM
BMW UK has an update to the app v1.03 and it finally works!!!! You can now send address from google maps directly to your car. They fixed the email issue!! WELCOME TO THE 21st CENTURY!

x-fibre
04-16-2011, 11:01 AM
I still can't log in even with 1.03. Today I'll call BMW Assistance again and will update if it works.

grizzles
04-16-2011, 11:40 AM
finally got the update to work, took about 40 minutes. still dont know why i dont get climate control for a 2011 and my old 335xi car still appears.

data transfer was successful for the maps, let me check my car.

grizzles
04-16-2011, 01:08 PM
Data transfer is great, info goes to the message center

CC Brown
04-16-2011, 01:58 PM
Finally got the new version and it does work. I couldn't remember my United Kingdom iTunes ID, When I got the app I had trouble with the second screen. Screen one as for E-mail and password from BMW assist contract. Then second screen seems to ask if you want a password-it really wants you to re-enter your password from previous screen. Then you can set a password to get into app on iPhone- all numeric.
Then it worked. I paid the $199 for BMW concierge so I could use Google now I can do it on my iPhone and send to the car for navigation.

Kar Don
04-17-2011, 12:28 PM
How did you guys sign up for BMW assist? I pressed the SOS button to sign up and they took all my info. Salesman did nothing.

Anyway I used the password I gave the SOS people and it didn't work on the BMW remote app :(. Any ideas??

tmesher
04-17-2011, 12:29 PM
Its all in the prior threads.

Kar Don
04-17-2011, 12:35 PM
Its all in the prior threads.

Really? I read through this whole thread prior to posting. Since you already know could you please help?

tmesher
04-17-2011, 12:49 PM
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=493817&highlight=
-------------------------------
BMW UK has an update to the app v1.03 and it finally works!!!! You can now send address from google maps directly to your car. They fixed the email issue!! WELCOME TO THE 21st CENTURY!

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Okay fellow BMWer dudes. I finally got it to work today well kinda. After a trip back to my dealer today, they were able to call up my original paper work in their computer. And just like some of you had said, my original password was right there. It was some random word my sales person had chosen. So I agree there are two data basses that dont talk to each other and the password on file with BMWNA assist is not the same used for this iphone app to work. So after entering my email and password from the dealer. I got to log in.

However I can only get it to lock and unlock the doors. I dont have an option for Honk the horn or Climate as the demo shows. And the worst part is, I cant send address to the car. I get and error: 500

Does anyone have any suggestions on this issue? Im able to send address from my computer with google maps just fine. I suspect its the username now. When I look at the bmw app settings where it says Change user: my user name is my email but it has swapped the name@place.com @ character for %40 so it reads name%40place.com now. My suspicion is that it doesnt see my proper email to send it. Has anyone gotten the send address to car work with the App?

thanks

Kar Don
04-17-2011, 01:26 PM
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=493817&highlight=

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

However I can only get it to lock and unlock the doors. I dont have an option for Honk the horn or Climate as the demo shows. And the worst part is, I cant send address to the car. I get and error: 500

thanks

So I saw this post before but the dealer didnt sign me up for BMW assist so they have no paperwork. I did it via the SOS button. I also have the latest app so I'm not sure why this isn't working.

Kar Don
04-17-2011, 03:25 PM
Ok tmesher. Got it working. Salesman did set a password afterall. Thanks!!

x-fibre
04-17-2011, 04:58 PM
This is what made my login work:
I had an email with a password for BMW Assist set up at the dealer last week. Yesterday I called BMW Assisst from the SOS button and changed both my email and password. I went to the app and entered my NEW email and my OLD password. No idea why I wa sable to login but it worked.

tmesher
04-17-2011, 06:53 PM
There are two databases that dont talk to each other. The dealer sends information letting one database know they sold a car. Then depending on the dealer they will ask you what password you want, Most dealers dont because they know you will call the SOS and establish a new password with them. And that is were the problem exists. Once BMW assist has your new password they know nothing about the password the dealer gave to BMW which is the one that controls BMW remote. Took me a long time to get this all figured out but Im glad its helping everyone.. This will all be solved when BMW makes the app available in the US. but my guess is the reason its taking so long to come to the US is because they can still make money charging $200 a year for the enhanced BMW assist where you call in for directions ect...

Was Auch immer
04-17-2011, 11:05 PM
To get to the UK app store from your current location store -

http://ipodiphoneitunestutorials.com/iTunesTutorials/changeCountryInTheItunesStore.php

x-fibre
04-20-2011, 01:46 PM
I cracked the BMW Remote 1.0.3 app for iPhone jailbreak users.
Here is the link for it:
http://fileape.com/dl/5qu0PP6GXZaqcsLi

prettibwoy
04-20-2011, 07:12 PM
mine works perfectly. whats the difference between 1.0.1 and 1.0.3?

Glock 32
04-20-2011, 09:38 PM
Ability to send Google maps destination to car through the app via cell phone now works. So while you are having your coffee or waiting in line at Starbucks you can now search out your next destinations on your cell phone and send them to the car.

jhill
04-21-2011, 08:47 PM
Here is the link for it:

Link is to download iLividSetupV1.exe?? What am I doing wrong?

x-fibre
04-21-2011, 09:19 PM
Link is to download iLividSetupV1.exe?? What am I doing wrong?

Click on the gray REGULAR box, wait 15 seconds, click on the Download ready! Click here. blue box. That's it!

x-fibre
04-21-2011, 09:20 PM
By the way, there is an update for Pandora app on iPhone and now it works with BMW Apps. Just connect your iPhone with the cable, start Pandora and it will show up. Very slick. I love it!

ThreeI
04-22-2011, 06:35 AM
By the way, there is an update for Pandora app on iPhone and now it works with BMW Apps. Just connect your iPhone with the cable, start Pandora and it will show up. Very slick. I love it!

You can use the Pandora app through bluetooth and not have to connect your iPhone with a cable. It works without having to go through the BMW Apps.

Argelius
04-22-2011, 01:02 PM
Here is the link for it:

Very cool. Can you provide instructions on how to get the app on the iPhone. Do you SSH into the phone? I've become a lazy jailbreaker, relying only on what's available in Cydia, and have forgotten how to do these things (which I knew when jailbreaking first was possible)

x-fibre
04-22-2011, 01:45 PM
Very cool. Can you provide instructions on how to get the app on the iPhone. Do you SSH into the phone? I've become a lazy jailbreaker, relying only on what's available in Cydia, and have forgotten how to do these things (which I knew when jailbreaking first was possible)

add a repo source: cydia.hackulo.us
From there, install Installous, it's the biggest database for cracked apps/games
I submitted the app there, so just search in Installous for BMW Remote and you can install it from there.
The link I submitted is basically the .ipa file, you can download it and double click it. It will go to iTunes. If you have Installous on your iPhone, just sync the phone with the computer and it will show up on te SpringBoard of the iPhone.

Houseofpang
04-22-2011, 08:41 PM
Thanks x-fibre!!!!!

Argelius
04-23-2011, 05:34 AM
From there, install Installous, it's the biggest database for cracked apps/games
I submitted the app there, so just search in Installous for BMW Remote and you can install it from there.
The link I submitted is basically the .ipa file, you can download it and double click it. It will go to iTunes. If you have Installous on your iPhone, just sync the phone with the computer and it will show up on te SpringBoard of the iPhone.

Hmmm....From installous, clicking on the download link opens the iTunes store and says "your request could not be completed."

One question -- is this app cracked for functionality above and beyond what you get when you install the app directly (via the UK iTunes store)?

Houseofpang
04-23-2011, 09:29 AM
of course not Argelius =) He is not app developer, just helped to Crack it so we dont need to go thru hassle of creating UK account etc etc. Same functionality. And yea not sure, it worked perfectly for me, but i DL'ed that right after his first post

Argelius
04-23-2011, 09:36 AM
Ah. I'd already gotten the app from the UK store. so it didn't like me trying to reinstall the cracked version. Regardless, I cannot figure out what the login info I'm supposed to use with the app. My BMW access (or whatever it is called)email and PW definitely do jot work (and they've bern both reset). I'd read elsewhere that there is some sort of "stolen vehicle PIN" set up at the dealer that you use with that app, but my sales guy has no idea what I am talking about...

ksoze
04-23-2011, 10:15 AM
Ah. I'd already gotten the app from the UK store. so it didn't like me trying to reinstall the cracked version. Regardless, I cannot figure out what the login info I'm supposed to use with the app. My BMW access (or whatever it is called)email and PW definitely do jot work (and they've bern both reset). I'd read elsewhere that there is some sort of "stolen vehicle PIN" set up at the dealer that you use with that app, but my sales guy has no idea what I am talking about...

The "security" pin is one you pick and enter when first getting access to the app. The US dealers will not have any info on this app nor support it.

It appears that there may be two databases of Assist info and this app uses one that I have found is based on the initial info the dealer first submitted for the assist name and password. The changes you make later may not be reflected in this app. Also, be very careful in getting the exact info you dealer submitted at delivery - mine was off by a letter in the email address and it caused much confusion until I saw it in writing. I believe I know use that flawed email address as the log in for this app only.

Houseofpang
04-23-2011, 11:36 AM
Call up BMW assist from your car and ask for password history to see what was the password before it was reset. My guess is that EU and US have 2 databases, and maybe since this app is EU. Test your info on here first, https://www.bmw-assist-login.com/cdp/release/internet/servlet/login?locale=en_UK

ksoze
04-23-2011, 12:56 PM
Call up BMW assist from your car and ask for password history to see what was the password before it was reset. My guess is that EU and US have 2 databases, and maybe since this app is EU. Test your info on here first, https://www.bmw-assist-login.com/cdp/release/internet/servlet/login?locale=en_UK

What do u get from that website after logging on? I get a blank screen using my working name and password. Not sure if this site confirms anything.

Houseofpang
04-23-2011, 01:50 PM
Oh just that you have the right username/password that the database of the BMW app uses. Blank means it is right or it will say wrong username/pword.

ksoze
04-23-2011, 01:53 PM
Oh just that you have the right username/password that the database of the BMW app uses. Blank means it is right or it will say wrong username/pword.

Makes sense, thanks.

Glock 32
04-23-2011, 03:11 PM
For those not knowing what the dealer might have orignally used... Try your e-mail in ALL CAPS and/or a combination of commonly used dealer passcodes typically four digits (e.g. 1234 or 1111 or ask your salesman what he would typically use as a default passcode for anything like this).

Did they help you pair your phone? (if so try the passcode they used or suggested as they usually will use something simple and the same for everything).

Also BMW assist did not have their passcode in history (or just said so as to not give it out in a breach of security), but they did find my e-mail in all caps on one of the databases (they do know there are two databases).

They might wonder why you need your passcode since it is of no use in the USA. I was just brief but honest that I am using an app out of the UK that they do not support yet and appreciate their help with finding my original login and password the dealer might have setup.

-edit- oh, and there is no lockout for numerous attempts (confirmed by the guy at BMW assist I talked to). Feel free to try and try again...

Houseofpang
04-24-2011, 12:34 AM
I forgot my original one after i changed it to my own password and they were able to tell me what it was before. Maybe depends if you get lucky who you got on the phone?

Glock 32
04-24-2011, 02:32 AM
Yip, Maybe...

Maybe I said too much and it sounded like I was hacking in with some unsupported third party app (he did state that he did not understand why I would need the original passcode since the new one is all I need when calling). I told him so I could use an app I got out of U.K. (that BMWUSA does not support yet) that will basically allow me to unlock the car without having to call. Hmmmm, maybe that wasn't the best approach, thinking back on that conversation, haha...

gr8nrg
04-24-2011, 11:42 AM
Here is the link for it:

Thanks...I donwloaded and installed it, but I still can't send google maps to my car via iphone 3GS, and yet I can do it from the PC. I get error 500 code....:dunno:

hextall14
04-28-2011, 08:33 PM
Quick question: do you know if there is any app to get my office to work with iphone via idrive? I saw that the text messages etc dont appear with iphones. Any jailbreak apps that would allow this type of functionality?

hextall14
04-28-2011, 08:33 PM
Quick question: do you know if there is any app to get my office to work with iphone via idrive? I saw that the text messages etc dont appear with iphones. Any jailbreak apps that would allow this type of functionality?

dingus
05-03-2011, 02:43 AM
Does anyone have climate control working in US?

Also I just upgraded to 1.0.3 and the send to vehicle feature works after resetting the app :thumbup: (press the i button on the PIN screen when you first launch it).

This app has so much potential. I wish BMW would do more with it. Officially releasing it in the US would be a start... :dunno:

Argelius
05-03-2011, 07:41 AM
Anyone know why, on earth, BMW can't seem to release this app for the US?

RHayden
05-21-2011, 03:13 PM
I cannot get logged in. I have called BMW assist several times. They told me my email address and password/passcode are in all caps. I enter just as they repeated it back to me but I get a login failure. I have changed both my passcode and my email address. I am using 1.0.3. Any ideas?

Argelius
05-21-2011, 03:27 PM
I had the same problems. Not sure if you tried this, but enter your email address in all CAPS and use the original password put in by your dealer (before you picked one).

Even though I had set up a different PW with rheBMW assist people, it was only the original PW (in combination with my email in all caps) that finally got the Remote app to work.

RHayden
05-22-2011, 11:51 AM
Thanks for the suggestion, Argelius, I did try that but the result was the same..

I am not sure either of these are the root of the problem:

I traded in my 2008 535 so I had two cars on BMW Assist at the same time and there is no way of getting the initial passcode from my trade-in- if that even matters.

Also, my CA told since I basically bought the "car off the train" the dealership did not set up the BMW Assist...we set it up when I took ownership of the car. I have tried the passcode I used but as several have said, it is the initial passcode that is needed...

So does any one have any suggestions on what I can say to my CA on where to look for that initial passcode?

This is frustrating....new car, cool app and a connection failure

repstein
05-22-2011, 12:02 PM
Thanks for the suggestion, Argelius, I did try that but the result was the same..

I am not sure either of these are the root of the problem:

I traded in my 2008 535 so I had two cars on BMW Assist at the same time and there is no way of getting the initial passcode from my trade-in- if that even matters.

Also, my CA told since I basically bought the "car off the train" the dealership did not set up the BMW Assist...we set it up when I took ownership of the car. I have tried the passcode I used but as several have said, it is the initial passcode that is needed...

So does any one have any suggestions on what I can say to my CA on where to look for that initial passcode?

This is frustrating....new car, cool app and a connection failure

I'm not sure what "off the train" means, but every car that comes into a dealership has normal prep.

In my case, I had three cars on BMW assist all at once, and the password was still what the CA programmed in before I arrived to pick up my 2011 and return my 2008 (have a 2004 at home that is also on BMW assist).

The password was written on my BMW stolen car recovery paperwork (whatever it's called, don't know off hand). It was a few numbers. I used my email address and those numbers to log into the app.

The CA and I did go through a call with BMW assist and set a password, but again, it was NOT that password that worked with the app but rather what he set up prior to me arriving to pick up my new car.

Randy

GeneArch
05-23-2011, 10:08 AM
Thanks for the app, But I am having a little difficulty installing. I have it in itunes now and it begins to install, but when dont I get an error:

The App "Remote" was not installed on the iPhone
"iPhone" because an unknown error occurred
(0XE8008001)

x-fibre
05-23-2011, 05:59 PM
Thanks for the app, But I am having a little difficulty installing. I have it in itunes now and it begins to install, but when dont I get an error:

Are you jailbroken?

GeneArch
05-23-2011, 08:21 PM
Are you jailbroken?

Yes...

Installous 4 gives the following error

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/71627/photo.PNG

dingus
05-23-2011, 10:47 PM
Just download it from the UK store. There are instructions on the first page.

Amalan
06-06-2011, 01:29 PM
Anyone know if the climate control function is just not available on the app? My keyfob has the button to activate the climate ventilation (activehybrid7) but the app doesnt give me any function over climate. Though everything else works fine.

dingus
06-06-2011, 03:46 PM
Anyone know if the climate control function is just not available on the app? My keyfob has the button to activate the climate ventilation (activehybrid7) but the app doesnt give me any function over climate. Though everything else works fine.

It doesn't work in the US. It works in Europe. We just have to wait till BMW decide that we are worthy of getting the app here.

RH512
06-07-2011, 07:39 AM

I think the climate function is only supported on certain BMW models with My BMW Remote, though I don't know which do.

There was a thread with others saying it was not available on the F10 even in Europe.
Actually don't think location has any relevance, as long as you connect and log-in.

mostwanted911
06-22-2011, 07:09 AM
i just downloaded the uk version it works great but i only get lock/unlock search vehicle and google maps send to car options!! no climate control,horn,or lights

AutoUnion
06-22-2011, 07:31 AM
I have it on my iPhone. Works great, but there's a huge lag between unlocking and locking.

When you send to car, it takes awhile before it shows up in the messages menu.

mostwanted911
06-22-2011, 08:16 AM
not really about a minute give or take a few minutes!! i have 2011 328 xi i was playing with it yesterday and i haven't had any problems with it yet.

ghostface113
06-29-2011, 03:05 PM
Hey guys just wanted to chime in I got it working on mine too but for the people who are saying it takes a long time keep in mind this is not to replace your FOB this is for things like your in a crowded parking lot and you are out of range for your FOB to send the panic ( you can use your phone from wherever you are to sound the horn to help locate you ride) Or lets just says you have the FOB on you while you went to drop the wife's car at the shop shes calls you and says your kids are late for practice and they left there gear in your car, instead of walking her or your kids through where the spare key is you just unlock it from where you are. Its an added convince thing :D

mrcamp
06-30-2011, 08:34 AM
Exactly - It's not to replace the key FOB. It has to send signal to the server, when then sends it to the car. It cannot be instant! It came in handy for me this past Saturday. I went to play soccer and mistakenly took the key FOB with me. Wife had to take kids to Taekwondo (in a different car) but realized she left her purse (license, etc. in it) in the car from the previous night when we went out. Rather than have her go into the basement and then walk her through how to open the safe, to retrieve the spare FOB. Thanks to the BMW app, I unlocked the doors right from the soccer field, in about a minute or so. :-)

Hey guys just wanted to chime in I got it working on mine too but for the people who are saying it takes a long time keep in mind this is not to replace your FOB this is for things like your in a crowded parking lot and you are out of range for your FOB to send the panic ( you can use your phone from wherever you are to sound the horn to help locate you ride) Or lets just says you have the FOB on you while you went to drop the wife's car at the shop shes calls you and says your kids are late for practice and they left there gear in your car, instead of walking her or your kids through where the spare key is you just unlock it from where you are. Its an added convince thing :D

brettnyc
07-18-2011, 09:08 PM
I have a 2012 e70 but the only options I have are lock/unlock. Any ideas why I can't perform the other functions?

nsfw
07-19-2011, 04:26 PM
This is great. Does anyone know the method used to transfer data? Do our cars actually have a GSM Sim Card inside?
Does anyone know of a desktop method to send maps? Maybe the car has an email address?

Just got my car last week and the Nav points of interest and the nav in general is terrible. Who approved this crap? BMW should be ashamed. Anyone test drive a Cayenne 2011 or 12? Isn't nice to have the split nav screen in the console dials?

nealh
07-19-2011, 06:19 PM
Yes...

Installous 4 gives the following error

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/71627/photo.PNG

Uninstall Installous and appsync. Then respiring. Install appsync first then Installous 4. This should fix your issue

nsfw
07-19-2011, 06:29 PM
Uninstall Installous and appsync. Then respiring. Install appsync first then Installous 4. This should fix your issue

The truth is, if you are a windows or mac user and sync with itunes, its much easier to click on the .ipa on your desktop and then the Remote.ipa will be added to your app listings and you will have the ability to add new apps during your next sync.
BUT I was able to install today with appsync and installous 4.

RajG
07-21-2011, 09:33 AM
Does anyone get the following error message on the app: "No vehicles are saved to your account"? Any thoughts on how I can fix that?

kocsis
07-21-2011, 09:35 AM
That's what I get also, even though it worked initially

pdroth
07-22-2011, 07:01 PM
Does anyone get the following error message on the app: "No vehicles are saved to your account"? Any thoughts on how I can fix that?

I'm having this problem also - and it was working fine for months. Sending addresses from google maps isn't working either.

AutoUnion
07-22-2011, 08:48 PM

Is your car registered thru BMW Assist? I mean, did you make the test call and go thru all the stuff? I had to do that before my car showed up on the list.

sunnygps
07-23-2011, 08:16 PM
Is your car registered thru BMW Assist? I mean, did you make the test call and go thru all the stuff? I had to do that before my car showed up on the list.

I am having the same issue. I have changed my email address by calling the BMW Assist, but the application still wants me to login using the old email/password. I know the service is active as I have called and setup my account by calling via the SOS button. I hope there is a resolution to this as at least I know the login info is correct.

salamigs
07-23-2011, 09:55 PM
Read previous posts, calling BMW assist and changing anything on yoru account from the US will not have any effect whatsoever. The Remote BMW is not supported in the US, and it refers to a totally different database, that you do not have access to, in Europe. Until the US supported version is released, you are stuck with what was entered for you buy your CA in the tool initially.

But when you use that, everything should work just fine...

sunnygps
07-24-2011, 07:31 AM
Read previous posts, calling BMW assist and changing anything on yoru account from the US will not have any effect whatsoever. The Remote BMW is not supported in the US, and it refers to a totally different database, that you do not have access to, in Europe. Until the US supported version is released, you are stuck with what was entered for you buy your CA in the tool initially.

The thing about this error message is that the login credentials for the Remote App is correct. Otherwise, I get invalid login message. I can also login to the connecteddrive portal where I see the blank page, which also suggests that the login is correct. But, why would my car not be in their database??

Since I have changed my email/password by calling the Assist folks, I can send destination address to my car via google maps from my computer. Maybe, I should be happy with just this and wait forever for BMW to release this app in the US.

salamigs
07-24-2011, 01:03 PM
sunnygps, when you took delivery of your car, your CA should have given you a piece of paper that has the username and password information for BMW Assist in there. If they are any different from what you are using, I would try them as well to see if it finds your car with that.

Erregend
07-24-2011, 02:05 PM
... and remember the email address (userID) must be in ALL CAPS.

And make sure you have Version 1.0.3/1.9.1 (or later?).

sunnygps
07-24-2011, 08:08 PM
... and remember the email address (userID) must be in ALL CAPS.

And make sure you have Version 1.0.3/1.9.1 (or later?).

I have tried uppercase, and know the information from the original sheet is correct as I am able to login in, but the car is not listed. I am sure there was a glitch at the time of the sale and it will only be fixed when the app comes to US.

I have also tried with version 1.0.3 and get the same result.

Thanks!

pdroth
07-28-2011, 01:26 PM
I guess no one else has any ideas?? Odd thing about my app no longer working (No vehicles on account) I can't get google maps to send anything to my car anymore. As I posted earlier both were working fine after delivery in May - just suddenly stopped working.

mrcamp
07-31-2011, 08:19 AM
Same issue here. Both the app and googlemaps send stopped working for me within the last week or so. Anyone have a clue? Absolutely nothing has changed on my end.

I guess no one else has any ideas?? Odd thing about my app no longer working (No vehicles on account) I can't get google maps to send anything to my car anymore. As I posted earlier both were working fine after delivery in May - just suddenly stopped working.

planet
07-31-2011, 10:19 AM
Been on vacation all month, but back to work tomorrow. I can ping some of the folks on the Maps team, take a look at the bug reports, etc.

Fuenfer
07-31-2011, 10:59 AM

Really? My CA put in my e-mail incorrectly, and so when I called BMW assist for the first time, I had them amend it. My app would no longer log-in with the incorrect address, but logged in just fine with the amended one.

Kenboslice
07-31-2011, 03:21 PM
I got mine to work. I forgot my password so I called BMW Assist and changed it. At first I could not log in but it worked when I tried the next morning. Horn, lights, unlock/lock and google map works on mine. I don't see an option for climate control.

TheAndrew
08-14-2011, 08:33 PM
Hi,

Installed the app, as I have both Canadian and US iTunes accounts that was a no brainer.

I have a '11 E92 335is which I picked up last month.

Got it working BUT I'm missing the Honk 2 times & Light flash!

What gives?

nealh
08-15-2011, 04:27 AM
Hi all. I have been following this forum for some time and wanted to contribute with something that many people have been wondering about.

I just tested the bmw iphone remote app on my car. And it worked.

Most of you would say that the iphone app is not available to the US market. But, here are the steps that you can take and start using it right here in the US.

1. Create an itunes account in the UK (you may provide a random address). You can do that even if you live here in the US. The only constraint is you can't purchase apps that are not free. But "My BMW Remote" iphone app is for free. So, you can download it without a problem on your PC/Mac.

2. Transfer the app to your iphone.

3. You will get two options - demo mode or actual registration. Click on the latter.

4. Enter your BMW Assist account user name (This is the email you provided BMW the day you bought the car. It gets active right away. I was able to use the app a few hours after I got the car).

5. Enter the password that you provided your dealer when setting up the BMW Assist account.

6. You get a new screen asking for a password again. It is the same password.

7. You will see a screen that shows exactly your car's model and color. Click on it (not on the arrow). Here you may set up pin code for privacy.

8. Now you can start using all functions of My BMW Remore iphone app: a) remote open and lock the car; b) find the location of your car; c) sound the horn; d) flash the headlights. All of these are working great, and yes, here in the US.

What I am missing is remote climate contol and the ability to send google addresses right from within the app.

I hope this will help you start using this great app. It works with a delay (about 30 seconds). But, it is great to have that option.

Let me know how yours is working.

Cheers
Worked fine. I did not need all caps for username.

Wonder why US can't get remote climate and google addresses?

tbod
08-15-2011, 03:23 PM
I'm still a little confused. I trying to get the regular BMW connected app to work. I don't think it's the one that unlocks the door, etc. but it's the one from American Itunes that has Twitter and Facebook. My option list is showing BMW Apps and combox (not sure what that it). Never set up any email or password with a dealer. I can't get it to connect when I start the app on the phone and plug it in. Do I have to use the white Iphone cable or is the bmw supplied Y cable good enough? Do I have to call BMW Assist to set it up first?

vkperigord
08-16-2011, 11:06 AM
Does the My BMW Remote app still work in the US? Or did BMW shut it down?

Erregend
08-16-2011, 11:16 AM
I used it this morning!

mrcamp
08-16-2011, 11:17 AM
All of a sudden it stopped working for some of us (so did googlemaps send to phone). Looks like it still working for others though.

Does the My BMW Remote app still work in the US? Or did BMW shut it down?

nealh
08-16-2011, 11:19 AM
Mine worked 2 days ago. I have not tried it since.

But the odd thing is the climate venting is greyed out on my iDrive and I cant set it to activate in the pm.(I do not have the option in BMW remote as well).

pdroth
08-16-2011, 11:19 AM
All of a sudden it stopped working for some of us (so did googlemaps send to phone). Looks like it still working for others though.

CALL 1-888-333-6118 if you can't send google maps to your car. I have an open ticket with them and I'm sure if everyone called in who was having this problem they would fix it a little faster.

Oddly, both this and the iPhone app stopped working at same time. I assume once they fix one the other will work as well.

Erregend
08-16-2011, 11:21 AM

Hmmm, I wonder if it only works in F10's with the......DOT! :D

vkperigord
08-16-2011, 11:40 AM
So the climate function still doesn't work? That sucks!

nealh
08-16-2011, 11:53 AM
I have no option in the app for climate function.

the climate function is not working on my iDrive either.

Erregend
08-16-2011, 12:05 PM

It doesn't show in the selections.
http://gallery.me.com/tarman/100058/IMG_0103https://files.me.com/tarman/us0769
http://gallery.me.com/tarman/100058/IMG_0103

sfbayrealtor1
08-17-2011, 12:13 PM
Just found this thread, after being fed up with not being able to easily transfer addresses from my iphone. 2 Thumbs UP guys!

I followed all the instructions, but had some wrinkles setting it up. My problems had to do with installing a UK app on a US iphone. I could download the app, but it just wouldn't sync over to the iphone! here's what I did:

I found the easiest way was to simply create a UK account on your desktop iTunes software. Once the account is setup, sign-out of your US itunes account on your iphone and sign back in with your new UK itunes account credentials. Then simply search and install the My BMW Remote app on the iphone itself. The apps should sync fine with your US itunes account.

The only app options I have are: Lock/unlock, Send map to vehicle, and the Vehicle Finder. No big deal with the other options for me. I'm just happy to send map addresses!! :thumbup:

pdroth
08-22-2011, 06:46 AM
OK - A little good news....

If your app suddenly stopped working like mine (No vehicles associated with this account) and you were unable to send addresses to your car via Google maps, just CHANGE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS with BMW Assist. Once I did that, I was able to use my app again and addresses are now being sent to car again.

I don't know why my old email suddenly stopped working, but simply changing it to another one I had that I seldom used has brought everything back.

Hope this helps someone.

amschupp
08-22-2011, 10:04 AM
So, the big question is why is this not available in the US iTunes. It's crazy. Plus, one of the reasons I purchased my 535xi is that the sales person said I could sync to my Office calendar and emails. He failed to tell me it won't work with the iPhone. I'm a little POed but love the car.

sunnygps
08-22-2011, 11:27 AM
OK - A little good news....

If your app suddenly stopped working like mine (No vehicles associated with this account) and you were unable to send addresses to your car via Google maps, just CHANGE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS with BMW Assist. Once I did that, I was able to use my app again and addresses are now being sent to car again.

I don't know why my old email suddenly stopped working, but simply changing it to another one I had that I seldom used has brought everything back.

Hope this helps someone.

I am able to send send google addresses to my car, but can't use the app. I get "No vehicles associated..." error. I have given up on it for now.

pdroth
08-22-2011, 11:36 AM
If you haven't already called BMW assist and changed your email address, try that. All they need is your last 7 digits of your VIN, the 4 digit security code and it'll take effect within 30 minutes. My access to the app came right back.

sandrod
08-24-2011, 07:11 PM
Hi there,

Ive tried all the options mentioned on these threads and no luck. Can some guide me through more ideas?

I have a 2011 528i fully equipped with assist and Iphone APPs connect and remote. None of the mentioned services works for email or car control (remote lock, etc.) I've called BMW Assist and password and User ID checked fine. The remote APP connects and gives the message "no vehicle saved on this account"

Thanks,

basf_audio
08-24-2011, 10:42 PM
It didn't work no matter what I tried with my wife's 2011 X5. I then called in to BMW Assist and had them change the e-mail address (as mentioned a few posts earlier). Voila! Started working in just a few minutes. Granted - all that is available is location, send to car, and locking/unlocking. But that's because it's an older model. Thanks for the advice! Something else to play with while I'm waiting on my new 535xi!

sandrod
08-25-2011, 03:15 PM
Can you please tell me if the email on the account was a GMAIL or the new one you changed to? I'm asking because the person from BMW I talked to told me if my email wasnt a GMAIL I could have problems and since my email on the account is a GMAIL he has no idea why it does not work.

Thanks,

pdroth
08-25-2011, 03:19 PM
Can you please tell me if the email on the account was a GMAIL or the new one you changed to? I'm asking because the person from BMW I talked to told me if my email wasnt a GMAIL I could have problems and since my email on the account is a GMAIL he has no idea why it does not work.

Thanks,

I switched From a gmail and changed to a yahoo. Works perfect now.

mrcamp
08-25-2011, 03:46 PM
My email account that stopped working is gmail. I have not bothered to change it yet.

Can others that also experienced a sudden stoppage in this function chime in if they had s gmail address.

basf_audio
08-25-2011, 07:45 PM
I switched from a non-gmail address to a non-gmail address. It now works...

sandrod
08-26-2011, 10:29 AM
Just so you all know, I've called BMW and changed my email and everything worked just fine!

Thanks!

grizzles
08-30-2011, 10:01 PM
I can't get rid of my old 335 from my configuration. Wish I could also add my wife's car

Br0wnBear
08-31-2011, 08:35 PM
I don't even have my car yet, its getting delivered soon. But i have all my BMW assist info...and the App works so far for me, im logged in, etc.

Also i'm using the @me.com apple email account. Logged in etc all fine.

Br0wnBear
09-01-2011, 10:39 AM
Tested the App just 10mins ago as soon as the car was delivered. Works great, there is about a 25-30second wait time for it to kick in, but i have only tested the unlock/lock and honk the horn 3x features.

Snod
09-01-2011, 08:14 PM
Super helpful thread. Downloaded the app and have on my phone. Now I just have to wait 2 weeks for my car to arrive. CAN'T WAIT!!!

vkperigord
09-01-2011, 08:53 PM
It appears the new itunes doesn't let you set up a UK account without putting in a credit card. Anyone have any suggestion?

Snod
09-01-2011, 08:57 PM
It appears the new itunes doesn't let you set up a UK account without putting in a credit card. Anyone have any suggestion?

I've got iTunes 10.4.1.10 and I was able to create a UK account without a credit card about an hour ago...

vkperigord
09-01-2011, 09:12 PM
You're right....I totally had a blond moment.....got it!

BMWfanatic87
09-01-2011, 09:14 PM
Wonder if they will ever make this for android as well.

Sent from my HTC EVO 4g using Bimmer app.