PDA

View Full Version : The picture of the caller in the addressbook. How do you get it?

bmwthestates
10-24-2010, 03:09 PM
Hi all,

I am using my iphone 4 both via bluetooth and via the USB port in the center console and I cannot manage to get the picture of the person I am calling. I do have the combox (f10 528i week 37 built) and I get the artwork for albums, songs etc. But, nothing similar happens with my addressbook.

Has anybody been able to get the pictures associated with the addressbook on the phone? Did you use bluetooth or the USB or both?
Any hekp will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

GHOST PROTOCOL
10-24-2010, 03:50 PM
Hi all,

I am using my iphone 4 both via bluetooth and via the USB port in the center console and I cannot manage to get the picture of the person I am calling. I do have the combox (f10 528i week 37 built) and I get the artwork for albums, songs etc. But, nothing similar happens with my addressbook.

Has anybody been able to get the pictures associated with the addressbook on the phone? Did you use bluetooth or the USB or both?
Any hekp will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

I have a new F10, which displays the pictures from Face Book. If you are a member of Face Book and have friends on Face Book, you should see their picture on the center console when you speak to them on their cell phone. I can not speak for seeing pictures that people use on their cell phone only because I have not yet made any such calls. I would assume that they would need to have a smart phone with a picture in order for you to get it on your center console, but then again do smart phones transmit pictures? I thought that you program a picture on your own phone for the person who is on your contact list. Maybe this is why it does not appear on the center console.

bmwthestates
10-24-2010, 04:01 PM
CRMESQ,
Thanks for the post. I do have pictures for nearly half of my contacts, precisely because of their having a profile in facebook. But I was not able to see any of these pictures in my F10.

So, what would be the steps that I need to take? I tried the manual but didn't help much.

All I want is to see the picture of the person who is calling me (if she/he has a picture already set up on my facebook-synced iphone address-book, or to get the picture of a few select people whom I call regularly.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

GHOST PROTOCOL
10-24-2010, 06:28 PM
I am not sure why you are not getting pictures on the center console. I am using a BlackBerry and I am getting the pictures. I did not do anything special. All I did was pair the phone to the F10. I am not sure if this means anything, but do you have Face Book mobile on your phone? Is your phone properly paired with the F10?

PinkAle
10-24-2010, 06:35 PM
To the person who has the iPhone I have the iPhone 3Gs the only way you can get pictures is with smartphone intergration and a cradle if you din't get this option you're out of luck also the only cradle BMW currently has is for the 3Gs I believe a iPhone 4 cradle is in the works

Kamdog
10-24-2010, 07:39 PM
I use bubble gum and a Polaroid snapshot to look at the caller. Nobody but my wife and daughter calls me on the cell phone anyway, so, them two things are easy to keep plastered up there.

FPNY
10-27-2010, 06:36 AM
I use a blackberry, have no cradle and the pics of my contact comes up when i use the cell phone. granted, i have taken the pic with my cam and it doesn't come off that facebook thing....