PDA

View Full Version : popup text?

BobC
01-05-2004, 11:24 AM
When I'm looking at a forum and move the cursor anywhere near a thread title a little window pops up with the first line or so of the first post in it. Is there any way to get rid of that? It's driving me crazy! :banghead:

BobC
01-06-2004, 10:57 AM
When I'm looking at a forum and move the cursor anywhere near a thread title a little window pops up with the first line or so of the first post in it. Is there any way to get rid of that? It's driving me crazy! :banghead:

Does anyone know? Does anyone care?

postoak
01-06-2004, 11:30 AM
I can't tell you if there is a way to turn this off, but, to me, this seems like a GREAT feature. :thumbup:

I wish all forum software had this! It's such a time saver. Especially it removes the irritation I used to feel when someone would create a topic with an unhelpful title such as "Look at this!"

pixA4
01-06-2004, 02:07 PM
Currently the setting is system wide and there is no way for each user to adjust it. I can look into it further and see if there is some kind of workaround for individuals who do not like it but I cannot promise anything.

·clyde·
01-06-2004, 05:21 PM
Currently the setting is system wide and there is no way for each user to adjust it. I can look into it further and see if there is some kind of workaround for individuals who do not like it but I cannot promise anything.
Is it possible to go back to the old way where the cursor had to be above the link instead of just anywhere in the cell?

pixA4
01-06-2004, 06:56 PM
Is it possible to go back to the old way where the cursor had to be above the link instead of just anywhere in the cell?
This is something that was brought up to the company that develops this software. They did not see it as that big of an issue. I can certainly try to look into alternatives but it may not be right away...

RChoudry
01-30-2004, 12:01 PM
is there any way to make the pop up window stay open a little longer? Sometimes, I can barely read it before it disappears.

Kaz
01-30-2004, 12:10 PM
My problem is that sometimes it doesn't work and I have to click out of the browser window or current tab and go back in to re-activate it. Please don't axe the feature altogether.