PDA

View Full Version : Navigation not loading

DMG535XI
10-26-2010, 09:44 AM
I picked up my 535xi 5 days ago. Yesterday when I was driving the display flashed and rebooted. Now the navigation does not load at all and is stuck saying starting navigation. When you click the nav button a note appears saying the service is not available. Also, it is unable to load any of my phone contacts. I have an iPhone connected to it and everything was working fine prior to this hard reboot. Any ideas? Unfortunately I have an appointment for service tomorrow on this.

morkjt
10-26-2010, 01:11 PM
I picked up my 535xi 5 days ago. Yesterday when I was driving the display flashed and rebooted. Now the navigation does not load at all and is stuck saying starting navigation. When you click the nav button a note appears saying the service is not available. Also, it is unable to load any of my phone contacts. I have an iPhone connected to it and everything was working fine prior to this hard reboot. Any ideas? Unfortunately I have an appointment for service tomorrow on this.

Sounds almost certainly that the hard drive has either died, or the filesystem has got corrupted - either way the iDrive isn't able to access data on the drive. Given its new, very likely you've suffered an early "bathtub" hard drive failure (they either fail right at the beginning of their life, or run forever).

mzwicker
10-26-2010, 02:08 PM
Went to pickup my car on Saturday and my nav showed that we were in the middle of the ocean. They replaced the unit and it still is not working. Waiting for my daily update.

SkiScubaSailDud
10-26-2010, 02:09 PM
Car is still in Transport Mode...