PDA

View Full Version : entertainment and iDrive memory settings

Sputnik1961
10-26-2010, 01:24 PM
I am wondering if anyone else is having the same problems:

1) When I get in the car and start up the screen will not allows go to the screen I was on the last time i was in the car.

Example: I have my iPod on (never leaves the car and I do not touch it) my screen has the playlist up when i turn off the car. When I jump back in sometimes it goes straight to the playlist while other times it goes to a screen asking me to select iPod or CD (two selections away from the screen I was on and want).

I long select (hold down the button until iPod is selected) like i believe the manual says to do to set into memory the default page to open to but it does not help. I tired always pressing the start button without the clutch in and then again with the clutch in but that does not help either.

2) iDrive: I set the car to auto ventilate before lunch and then again before the end of the work day. It worked for a few days in a row and then stopped doing it. I went into the settings and set it up again and worked for that day but not the following.

I assumed maybe this was all tied into the fob (I always use the same one) being used and the memory number. every time I reset one of these settings I update Memory 1.

I feel like the car is not remembering the setting I put in. Is there something I am missing or forgetting to do? Is this just how the BMW is and I have to reselect my settings every time I start up the car?

Thanks for the help

morkjt
10-26-2010, 02:06 PM
I am wondering if anyone else is having the same problems:

1) When I get in the car and start up the screen will not allows go to the screen I was on the last time i was in the car.

Example: I have my iPod on (never leaves the car and I do not touch it) my screen has the playlist up when i turn off the car. When I jump back in sometimes it goes straight to the playlist while other times it goes to a screen asking me to select iPod or CD (two selections away from the screen I was on and want).

I long select (hold down the button until iPod is selected) like i believe the manual says to do to set into memory the default page to open to but it does not help. I tired always pressing the start button without the clutch in and then again with the clutch in but that does not help either.

2) iDrive: I set the car to auto ventilate before lunch and then again before the end of the work day. It worked for a few days in a row and then stopped doing it. I went into the settings and set it up again and worked for that day but not the following.

I assumed maybe this was all tied into the fob (I always use the same one) being used and the memory number. every time I reset one of these settings I update Memory 1.

I feel like the car is not remembering the setting I put in. Is there something I am missing or forgetting to do? Is this just how the BMW is and I have to reselect my settings every time I start up the car?

Thanks for the help

Mine does the same for the iPod. Probably because my iPOD itself switches off after a small period and so theirs no persistent connection.

As I understand it, for ventilation, you can only set it once, for the next 24 hour period and no further - probably to stop the car sitting in a car park for 2 weeks and draining it's battery cooling a holiday-left car ?

markl53
10-26-2010, 02:14 PM
As I understand it, for ventilation, you can only set it once, for the next 24 hour period and no further - probably to stop the car sitting in a car park for 2 weeks and draining it's battery cooling a holiday-left car ?

Yes, I just checked the manual:

"The system will only be switched on within the next 24 hours. After that, it needs to reactivated."

Sputnik1961
10-26-2010, 02:20 PM
Yes, I just checked the manual:

"The system will only be switched on within the next 24 hours. After that, it needs to reactivated."

Thanks, I guess that makes sense. Kind of a pain to do it every day but understandable.

I will try to see if I can get my iPod to stay on continuously, or check it before I turn on the car and see if I "wake it up" makes I difference.