PDA

View Full Version : 550 xDrive sport+dhp+anthracite

bimluva
10-27-2010, 07:16 AM
Has anyone else ordered their car this way and passed on the M-sport. I feel like for another $1100 I can get a lot more(steering wheel and aero kit) but not sure if I'm just trying to get the best bang for the buck or if I really like the look of the M.

swim4519
10-27-2010, 07:41 AM
Has anyone else ordered their car this way and passed on the M-sport. I feel like for another $1100 I can get a lot more(steering wheel and aero kit) but not sure if I'm just trying to get the best bang for the buck or if I really like the look of the M.

I just took delivery on a 535 xdrive w/ Msport. One word to explain this car...INCREDIBLE. It is definitely worth the extra expense as the body design, m wheels, and all of the packages it comes with are just plain incredible. In my opinion, since there is only $1,100 difference between doing the options separate and adding the MSport, it is a no brainer. Basically, for an extra $1,100 you get the M aggressive body style which my 4 year old son @ first sight called MEAN! You will NOT be disappointed.

One other piece of advise....DO THE NAPPA LEATHER!!! I was hesitant after I placed the order; however, the moment I saw the seats, the armrest, and the door paneling, as well as the comfort, any hesitation was completely gone.

Emilner
10-27-2010, 08:27 AM
For $1100 on a car this expensive it was a no brainer for me (basically a tiny amount compared to the bloated price). The look is amazing and I love the rims, plus it will look different than 99% of the other 5 series on the road...

cmorv
10-27-2010, 08:48 AM
Same here, agree 100%, for $1100 well worth it, plus get Carbon Black, and you will have one very rare F10.

bimluva
10-27-2010, 09:18 AM
Well, I've been going back and forth on this and decided that the non M-sport looked more elegant. It obviously is not to save $1100..I'm already spending $75k. I actually saw the sports package rims on the street and it looks a lot better than it does on the website. No offfense to anyone who ordered the M, but I just thought it looked a bit "riceboy".

smhoer
10-27-2010, 09:58 AM
Well, I've been going back and forth on this and decided that the non M-sport looked more elegant. It obviously is not to save $1100..I'm already spending $75k. I actually saw the sports package rims on the street and it looks a lot better than it does on the website. No offfense to anyone who ordered the M, but I just thought it looked a bit "riceboy".

I have to agree. I just did not "feel" the "M" package. It looked to modded to me.

solstice
10-27-2010, 10:47 AM

Agree. The non M is far more elegant and the zsp wheels are more modern and fitting to the overall look of the F10 imo. I would like the M-sport steering wheel but not to the expense of getting the extra plastics that to me warps the elegant and balanced lines of the F10. To each his own.

Raarco
10-27-2010, 03:45 PM
I have the 550ix with all the options minus the m package. I like the look with exception of front end and the m badges. If I wanted an m I would have waited.

Sent from my iPhone using BimmerApp

Stanesq
10-27-2010, 05:24 PM
Same here, agree 100%, for $1100 well worth it, plus get Carbon Black, and you will have one very rare F10.

Ordered a 535ix with MSport in Carbon Black, Cinnamon Brown interior, Premium 1 & 2, Cold weather with ski bag and split rear seats. Not sure how rare it will be but hopefully will look pretty darn nice,

x5 '08
10-27-2010, 05:55 PM
Just order 550xi M Sport today in Carbon Black, black interior, vent seats, split fold down, premium 2, anthracite wood trim, cold weather. Very excited and hope I like the carbon black. Almost went w a new Cayenne but the look I think is too controversial. Besides, love BMW service, etc.

rigel12
10-27-2010, 09:00 PM
I just took delivery on a 535 xdrive w/ Msport. One word to explain this car...INCREDIBLE. It is definitely worth the extra expense as the body design, m wheels, and all of the packages it comes with are just plain incredible. In my opinion, since there is only $1,100 difference between doing the options separate and adding the MSport, it is a no brainer. Basically, for an extra $1,100 you get the M aggressive body style which my 4 year old son @ first sight called MEAN! You will NOT be disappointed.

One other piece of advise....DO THE NAPPA LEATHER!!! I was hesitant after I placed the order; however, the moment I saw the seats, the armrest, and the door paneling, as well as the comfort, any hesitation was completely gone.

+1 on all counts. Very impressed with the Nappa Leather. The M Sport looks a hell of a lot better than any picture can show. WOW.

pharding
10-28-2010, 04:03 AM
Plus you get the beautiful M-Sport Wheels. It is well worth it, although the front of the car is too aggressive for my taste. As a value it is a great vaalue.

MooseF10
10-28-2010, 05:27 AM
I waited to order the M Sport (still waiting for it to arrive). I think the M sport body kit on the e60's is striking and figured the F10 would also be. When I saw it in photos, it was an easy choice. I was going to order the DHP, anthracite headliner and sport pkg anyway so the 1,100 for the wheels and body mods seemed like a great deal. Also ordered Nappa with active vent!

bimluva
10-28-2010, 06:02 PM
Okay...call me what you want, I just did a 360! I went to the dealer with the intention of getting a 550i x-Drive with sport package, but I happened to see a CB 535 with M-sport. After staring at it for awhile, I couldn't resist. I couldn't pass on the carbon black, it was just so unique. The M package which I thought was overdone in pics didn't seem too bad in person...it made the car a little meaner looking while at the same time keeping its elegance. Don't get me wrong the 550 with the sport was nice too, but after seeing them in person next too each other, the M-sport just made me "giddy" a bit more.