PDA

View Full Version : Car got to port yesterday

joshbw
10-27-2010, 09:09 AM
I just spoke to my CA and she informed me that my 550I-M got to New Jersey yesterday. She also told me that there are cars still there from the boat that landed on the 20th waiting to be processed. She said they had a large back load at PDI. However she also said she is delivering about 60 cars this week as she said September cars are flowing in now so she thinks they got the line moving again so to speak... She was cautiously optimistic that I might see it by the end of next week. I don't know any of this to be fact but I figured I would give you guys some real time CA chit-chat.

voken
11-03-2010, 02:50 PM
josh, did your CA confirm if its at the dealer ? mine arrived on the same ship to nj on 10/26 and my ca said it shd be ready for the delivery this week...but haven't heard from him after that ! and could never get him on the phone or on email response !

MooseF10
11-03-2010, 02:56 PM
Mine arrived at the port in Texas on 10-26. Just got the call that it is at the dealer today.

550i M Sport week 40 production. East coast seems a little slower than down here. We have not had the same delays at the VPC that the NJ port seems to have.

joshbw
11-03-2010, 03:11 PM
I am picking mine up tonight...

x5 '08
11-04-2010, 09:40 AM

So how is it? Where are the pics? Can't wait to see...

voken
11-04-2010, 10:02 AM

Make sure to ask about this new $1500 holiday credit which should applied to any deals closed this month with bmw finance guys

moonsault270
11-04-2010, 02:15 PM
Ordered mine in sept..picking up Saturday. Am I entitled to the $1500?

voken
11-04-2010, 02:35 PM
Same here. I am picking up mine this Saturday. I just spoke to the finance manager and he quoted "if the holiday credit is out there definitely we will apply that to you" so I took that for an 'yes' :)

moonsault270
11-04-2010, 02:53 PM
Sounds like a yes to me!

joshbw
11-04-2010, 04:14 PM
Hey voken I tried pming you back but said you cant recieve PM's I got the car last night and I love it, it is bigger then the E-60 but that takes about a hour to get used to. However if you were making the jump from a 3 to the 5 I could understand why you might feel like you are behind the wheel of a7 at first. I will try to post pics soon, car spent the day at my gadget guy putting in the radar detector and tinting up the windows. I just got it back and its pouring rain here so as soon as the weather clears up I will upload a few photos. I have driven the car for 35 miles so my impressions don't count for much but I understand what people have said about its to big or the steering is weird or its this or that. With only a hour behind the wheel I think this car is great and I think it now has its own identity. Its no longer a bigger 3 or a smaller 7 its a 5 all by its self. The front feels like a 7 the back seat feels like a 5 it drives like a 5 but maybe when you are at the limit its not as nimble as the E-60 but I think that's when you are at the limit of what the cars can do and your splitting hairs. If you want a race car and get afford the M5 then get the M3 this new 5 is not the sport sedan of old but rather a supper comfortable luxurious sedan with a big ass set of balls. Will write more with pictures when I have a real opinion but these are my first faults. Lastly I got a 550I M sport with everything except rear entertainment and night vision....

voken
11-04-2010, 05:09 PM
Thanks Josh for the post. I just enabled my PM...by mistake it was set to receive only from contacts ! I should receive now w/ no issues

Just 2 more days :)

And more importantly did you get the $1500 holiday credit applied on the final price ?

x5 '08
11-04-2010, 05:59 PM
Hey voken I tried pming you back but said you cant recieve PM's I got the car last night and I love it, it is bigger then the E-60 but that takes about a hour to get used to. However if you were making the jump from a 3 to the 5 I could understand why you might feel like you are behind the wheel of a7 at first. I will try to post pics soon, car spent the day at my gadget guy putting in the radar detector and tinting up the windows. I just got it back and its pouring rain here so as soon as the weather clears up I will upload a few photos. I have driven the car for 35 miles so my impressions don't count for much but I understand what people have said about its to big or the steering is weird or its this or that. With only a hour behind the wheel I think this car is great and I think it now has its own identity. Its no longer a bigger 3 or a smaller 7 its a 5 all by its self. The front feels like a 7 the back seat feels like a 5 it drives like a 5 but maybe when you are at the limit its not as nimble as the E-60 but I think that's when you are at the limit of what the cars can do and your splitting hairs. If you want a race car and get afford the M5 then get the M3 this new 5 is not the sport sedan of old but rather a supper comfortable luxurious sedan with a big ass set of balls. Will write more with pictures when I have a real opinion but these are my first faults. Lastly I got a 550I M sport with everything except rear entertainment and night vision....

Josh, what radar did you end up putting in and where? I too am in NY and will be doing the same. I have the Passport 9500ci. Had it taken out of my 2008 535xi and will have it installed in my new f10 when it arrives in Dec. Not too crazy about my installer out in eastern LI so if you have a good installer, please let me know.

And of course, PLEASE post those pics. My car is the exact same color combo. What do you think about the Carbon Black w black interior?

joshbw
11-04-2010, 06:07 PM
I used a outfit called performance outfitters in Stamford CT and had them install the same thing. Like them a lot they do a ton of high end work on supper high end cars. PM me if you want the guys name and number.