PDA

View Full Version : Black Leather VS Black NAPPA Leather

xsi123
10-27-2010, 09:02 AM
What is the difference? What Nappa Leather gives you that the standard Leather doesn't?

chrischeung
10-27-2010, 09:17 AM
It's softer - more "buttery". It'll likely not last as long as well. Great choice for those who lease.

djfitter
10-27-2010, 09:17 AM
What is the difference? What Nappa Leather gives you that the standard Leather doesn't?

It's a different, finer grade leather, from hand massaged, corn fed steers that have been confined in padded stalls so nothing mars the hides. :D Well, the first part is true anyway.:rofl:

dj

sheldonzane64
10-27-2010, 10:46 AM
djfitter describes it right. Just got Nappa Black with Anthracite headliner and feel it is a huge difference. Glad I got it.

kocsis
10-27-2010, 12:42 PM
Some people think it actually lasts longer, especially if you maintain it with leather cleaner/ conditioner. I had it in my M5, and looked great after 10+ years. Feels much better for sure!

Ronsell
10-28-2010, 04:37 AM
It's a different, finer grade leather, from hand massaged, corn fed steers that have been confined in padded stalls so nothing mars the hides. :D Well, the first part is true anyway.:rofl:

dj

Actually, Nappa leather is made from the hides of Nappas, which are
fast becoming an endangered species. The same thing happened to
the Naugas (Naugahydes)--very sad. :-(

Stanesq
10-28-2010, 05:08 AM
Nappa leather or Napa leather is a full-grain leather, typically dyed, made from unsplit young or baby lambskin or sheep-skin and noted for softness and durability. It is often used in high-quality leather products such as high-end furniture and accessories such as wallets and luggage.