PDA

View Full Version : Playing Burned CDs in the OEM HK/NAV unit

Cy in NC
01-06-2004, 04:34 PM
Does anyone here have problems playing burned music CDs on the HK/NAV CD player? The CDs play fine in all other players I have tried. The burned CDs play but have a scratching and poping sound. The higher the track number the worse it gets. Original CDs play fine. Any suggestions or comments?

Cy

Terry Kennedy
01-06-2004, 06:06 PM
Does anyone here have problems playing burned music CDs on the HK/NAV CD player? The CDs play fine in all other players I have tried. The burned CDs play but have a scratching and poping sound. The higher the track number the worse it gets. Original CDs play fine. Any suggestions or comments?No problems here (in a 09/2003 build NAV player). I was using Memorex Black CD-R (P/N 32024750), not for any particular technical reason, but because I had a couple thousand of them around :D. They worked fine, both in the head unit and in the CD changer.

driver 8
01-06-2004, 10:45 PM
no problems here either. lately ive been using the cheapest crap i can buy at fry's (currently GQ) and have never had any problems -knock on wood :eeps:

i would be more concerned about the software your using and the speed at which your recording. recording 'on the fly' will have a greater chance for recording errors would poor software settings. always burn to image first.

im sure if you experiment with it a bit you will find a solution that works. good luck.

driver 8

vann90720
01-06-2004, 11:59 PM
It sisses and warbles with low-quality cdrs just as you've all heard.

Problem is, it does it occasionally with normal store-bought CDs as well. It doesn't seem to like my Depeche Mode: Ultra disc at all. Oddly, more than half the time the problems go away when I eject and reinsert the disc.

Anyone have any ideas?