PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use the Sprint/SE T608 with the BMW bluetooth kit?

gfeiner
01-07-2004, 09:06 AM
Just curious if anyone has used the Sony Ericsson T608 with our bluetooth retrofit kit. I would expect it to work since the phone is basically just a CDMA version of a T610 or T616 (which do work).

kbs
01-18-2004, 09:44 PM
I'm very interested in this as well. I have a t608, and am about to order my first bmw!
(very excited....)

gfeiner
01-20-2004, 12:47 PM
Well I've found out some more info. There is a good forum just for the t608 over at sprintpcsinfo.com (http://www.sprintpcsinfo.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewforum&f=2&sid=bc68f585d6c646f1b83bd67e9542a03b). A search of that forum has shown that the phone does work but it has bugs like the phonebook only transferring during the initial pairing and calls not always being successfully transferred between the BMW hands-free system and the phone handset. Some have said the phone book info will suddenly disappear from the BMW system after a couple days, causing you to have to do the phone pairing again. So far there are reports of it working on a 5 series, a M3 and a X3. One person has reported that he is not able to get the phone to pair, but his t610 will pair.

King Jason
01-20-2004, 01:04 PM
What about any other Bluetooth phones?

I'm with Verizon right now and of course they don't have a single Bluetooth phone available...Go figure, the best service (in my area at least) in my area and no Bluetooth phone. I'm torn on whether to go with another provider and get worse but have a Bluetooth phone, or stay with Verizon get good service and not have a Bluetooth phone...Oh the humanity!

gfeiner
01-20-2004, 01:16 PM

I'm with Verizon right now and of course they don't have a single Bluetooth phone available...Go figure, the best service (in my area at least) in my area and no Bluetooth phone. I'm torn on whether to go with another provider and get worse but have a Bluetooth phone, or stay with Verizon get good service and not have a Bluetooth phone...Oh the humanity!

Others work fine. I'm using the Sony Ericsson T616. It works perfectly. No problems whatsoever. Here is a official list (http://www.circlebmw.com/parts/blue/blue.htm) of phones the that work, but it's a little dated. I'm sure there are more phones that work. Circle BMW has the best price on the bluetooth kit.

Dmitri
02-02-2004, 08:47 AM

Here is some info on how to make t608 (Sprint's phone with bluetooth) work on Verizon network:
http://www******phonehacks.com/viewtopic.php?t=16318

I did not try it myself but I am thinking about it.

kbs
06-11-2004, 11:30 AM
Can anyone post a list of the specific things that can/can't be done with the t608 versus another phone like the t616 or t610? I have the t608 and my ED 330i is arriving soon. I've been planning on the bluetooth kit, but I want to know what to expect from the t608 so i'm not disappointed after my $500 investment.

I've heard that the t610/t616 work well. What does that mean? Does the addressbook update everytime you enter the car? Does the car remember the pairing indefinitely? etc. etc. etc.

thanks so very much. Finding reliable t608 information is difficult.
-kbs

mastevens
06-11-2004, 09:39 PM
Just curious if anyone has used the Sony Ericsson T608 with our bluetooth retrofit kit. I would expect it to work since the phone is basically just a CDMA version of a T610 or T616 (which do work).

Check http://bimmer.roadfly.org/bmw/forums/e53/4679452-1.html for a writeup.

photo2000a
06-12-2004, 09:45 AM

you can always buy any network compatable (verizon=cdma) phone you want and just program it your slf or have them do it not a big deal, it's not like you have to buy the phones their