PDA

View Full Version : Will installing a different stereo system in a 2004 3series void any warranty

azurribaggio
01-08-2004, 03:08 AM
I plan to buy a 2004 330ci with a stock stero with the intentions of putting in a dope system a month later. Will this void any warranties? I don't think it will but just wanted to hear from everyone.

Dr. Phil
01-08-2004, 05:23 AM
Yes it will void the warranty on the entire factory stereo system. Be careful how you obtain your power, etc. for the upgrade as well b/c BMW has been known to try an establish ties to aftermarket stuff when a problem occurs. Then they do not want to cover the repairs :mad:

Ack
01-08-2004, 05:33 AM
Like Phil said, your factory stereo warranty will be voided. Whether or not they try to blame an electrical problem with the car b/c of the aftermarket unit is another story.

After I installed my system, I had problems with my car that were unrelated to the aftermarket equipment. My dealer never gave me any problems covering these problems under warranty. But again, it all depends on the dealership.

Dr. Phil
01-08-2004, 06:09 AM
Like Phil said, your factory stereo warranty will be voided. Whether or not they try to blame an electrical problem with the car b/c of the aftermarket unit is another story.

After I installed my system, I had problems with my car that were unrelated to the aftermarket equipment. My dealer never gave me any problems covering these problems under warranty. But again, it all depends on the dealership.
I laid the ground work with my dealer yesterday.......

SSK in today and ICE next week. Ack you will like what I am doing in my trunk :bigpimp: :bling: I may have a sneak preview of the enclosure tomorrow :thumbup:

Ack
01-08-2004, 06:14 AM
Ooh nice! I can't wait to see it. :supdude: Can you tell me what you are having the enclosure made out of? Which SSK did you get installed?

Dr. Phil
01-08-2004, 06:46 AM
Ooh nice! I can't wait to see it. :supdude: Can you tell me what you are having the enclosure made out of? Which SSK did you get installed?
Rogue SSK and tranny mounts :D

The enclosure is 3/4 mdf for the back and sides, painted inside with a plexiglass front. The glass is having a little custom etching done to it and will be lit w/ blue neon. Also we are running a breather tube through the middle of the box (plexiglass tube) that will run through the box and up to the ski pass hole. This will give max bass feed to the cabin :thumbup: The pair of Zapco amps are being mounted on diagonal racks on each side of the box. An additional neon will be mounted above those to illuminate them :str8pimpi I guess I am not your run of the mill :amish: after all :guitar:

nealh
01-08-2004, 06:59 AM
I can see them not wanting to cover speaker issues and amp..but if my HU is unchanged and not touched I would hope I could get them to work on this under warranty..

I lost on my 5 series the speed vol adjustment after they placed my Sirius tuner and cd radio from a casette..now with my aftermarket amp this is working again..I have no idea what they did to affect this but there troubleshooting prior to the upgrade could not get it working

Ack
01-08-2004, 07:37 AM
Rogue SSK and tranny mounts :D

The enclosure is 3/4 mdf for the back and sides, painted inside with a plexiglass front. The glass is having a little custom etching done to it and will be lit w/ blue neon. Also we are running a breather tube through the middle of the box (plexiglass tube) that will run through the box and up to the ski pass hole. This will give max bass feed to the cabin :thumbup: The pair of Zapco amps are being mounted on diagonal racks on each side of the box. An additional neon will be mounted above those to illuminate them :str8pimpi I guess I am not your run of the mill :amish: after all :guitar:

It sounds like a real sick setup. I'm looking forward to seeing the finished results of this install! :D

On another note, my GF got me the Shark Injector for Christmas. Too bad I have to wait until spring to install it. :cry: I'm going to need a new battery also. Mine is shot from all of the constant drains and recharges at all of the shows. I was thinking of getting an Optima Yellow Top battery for the car. I'm just not looking forward to taking the trunk enclosure apart.

Dr. Phil
01-08-2004, 07:53 AM
I'm just not looking forward to taking the trunk enclosure apart.
Call Alee to help you out :eeps: Oh and call the paramedics too, they will be needed eventually if you let him help :D

Alex Baumann
01-08-2004, 08:00 AM

:yikes:

Cool ! :bigpimp:

Dr. Phil
01-08-2004, 08:02 AM
:yikes:

Cool ! :bigpimp:
:fruit: :banana: :str8pimpi

Ack
01-08-2004, 09:50 AM
Call Alee to help you out :eeps: Oh and call the paramedics too, they will be needed eventually if you let him help :D

:rofl: