PDA

View Full Version : SC Pickup details..

Domer
01-08-2004, 09:03 PM
Ok...

I spoke to my dealer today about the SC pickup. Here's the story I got..

There's no cost outside of the incidentals for the hotel and my travel costs to Spartanburg, SC. They pick you up from the Airport and pay for one night's stay and dinner. They provide transport to the facility and then to the tour, drive with a BMW pro and then delivery of the car in their facility.

Is this true that it's at no cost to me? That's something I'm definitely gonna burn some frequent flyer miles on for sure!!!

Anyone else have other stories? I really have a hard time believing this is something that's essentially free if you can fly down.

Thanks!
Tom
2004 4.4i picking up late January.

PS. I'm seriously pumped...

quattro29
01-08-2004, 09:18 PM
and they don't have to ship it. I would definitely do it for the experience, though, even if I had to pay for the hotel, etc.

SteveT
01-08-2004, 10:05 PM
It's a great experience. Even though you only get a taste of what the driving instruction is like. I also used frequent flyer miles to go down there to pick up my M3.

I highly reccommend PCD. It seems to be free, but the money gets moved around form other fees and you don't see it. Everyone is really nice, from the Marriott staff to the PC folks. You'll have a great time.

PropellerHead
01-08-2004, 10:15 PM
Anyone else have other stories? I really have a hard time believing this is something that's essentially free if you can fly down.

Thanks!
Tom

PS. I'm seriously pumped...You OUGHT to be pumped.

I did a little write up:

3 pages or so... (http://www.my02.com/pages/330.htm)

HAVE FUN!

SteveT
01-08-2004, 10:25 PM
PropellerHead's writeup is excellent.

Here's my car (the white M3) in front of the Zentrum.

BTW, I attended M-School this past summer and Matt Mullins was one of the instructors. Fifteen students to six instructors.

Randy Forbes
01-11-2004, 09:35 PM
We look forward to doing PCD again.

We picked up our 2nd M Rdstr the day before our 1st trip to Z3 Homecoming.

Unfortunately, we couldn't make it work for our X5. But we did take delivery of it the same day we went to the NAIAS in Detroit January 2002.

billfish
01-12-2004, 11:52 AM
Ok...

I spoke to my dealer today about the SC pickup. Here's the story I got..

There's no cost outside of the incidentals for the hotel and my travel costs to Spartanburg, SC. They pick you up from the Airport and pay for one night's stay and dinner. They provide transport to the facility and then to the tour, drive with a BMW pro and then delivery of the car in their facility.

Is this true that it's at no cost to me? That's something I'm definitely gonna burn some frequent flyer miles on for sure!!!

Thanks!
Tom

PS. I'm seriously pumped...

Sounds good. It cost the same as the dest charge currently 695 US pending 04' price increase!..lol...I plan on doing the same. Nice 4.4i...bet you are pysch'd!