PDA

View Full Version : I just bought a 2004 325xi, need phone help

dbock
01-09-2004, 07:16 AM
I didn't buy the car with the BMW phone installed, because the dealer said that it was like 2 grand. I have the premium package with bmw assist. is there any third party or aftermarket bluetooth kit for this car...how easy is it to install? How much are bluetooth phones? thanks

Pinecone
01-09-2004, 10:17 AM
BMW has a Bluetooth kit. Not sure how easy it is to install, but it isn't hard.

There are also third party Bluetooth kits, but they will be harder since they don't use the stocfk connectors.

LDV330i
01-09-2004, 11:09 AM
I know you are new to the board but you really should not crosspost your threads.:nono:

dbock
01-09-2004, 12:25 PM
sorry...so, I will have to uninstall the Assist, in order to intstall the Bluetooth module...and hardware...there isn't a way for theme to both be operational...is there a chance that the wiring harness on the '04 has connectors for both?

LDV330i
01-09-2004, 03:40 PM
sorry...so, I will have to uninstall the Assist, in order to intstall the Bluetooth module...and hardware...there isn't a way for theme to both be operational...is there a chance that the wiring harness on the '04 has connectors for both?
I did a search on the Bluetooth vs. Assist and I found this thread (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45200&highlight=bluetooth). It has a lot of useful information.