PDA

View Full Version : Question for people with OEM navigation

gfeiner
01-09-2004, 12:34 PM
All the pictures posted around here of the navigation head units have a casette/tape player. Does BMW make a navigation head unit with a CD player instead of tape deck? If so, got part numbers?

mquetel
01-09-2004, 12:50 PM
All the pictures posted around here of the navigation head units have a casette/tape player. Does BMW make a navigation head unit with a CD player instead of tape deck? If so, got part numbers?My 04 w/ Nav has a CD player.

JST
01-09-2004, 12:57 PM
All the pictures posted around here of the navigation head units have a casette/tape player. Does BMW make a navigation head unit with a CD player instead of tape deck? If so, got part numbers?

With the 04s, the default changed from a cassette deck to a CD player behind the Nav screen; I think the first cars to get this were the 04 coupes back in Marchish of 03, so it may also have been a mid-year change on 03 sedans.

You can still get a cassette deck, but now you have to request it.

Terry Kennedy
01-09-2004, 07:15 PM
All the pictures posted around here of the navigation head units have a casette/tape player. Does BMW make a navigation head unit with a CD player instead of tape deck? If so, got part numbers?This was a switchover for the start of model year 2003 production (effective 09/2002) for the E46. The X5 still gets tape, I believe.

You can get tape, mini disc (Europe only, I think) or CD these days. Your dealer can look up / order the part for you.

Jim Seattle
04-16-2004, 01:31 PM
Any update on this? Do X5's have a CD player behind the Nav yet?? Why would BMW let the 3 seris have it and not the X5?

demenas
04-19-2004, 11:06 PM

CD Player is now standard. I believe you can get a cassette player (or in Europe, a MiniDisc player) if you specificlaly request it.

AND it seems to play CD-R's and CD-RW's fine! :)

bavarian19
04-20-2004, 06:26 AM
Any update on this? Do X5's have a CD player behind the Nav yet?? Why would BMW let the 3 seris have it and not the X5?

to encourage you to buy the cd changer :rolleyes:

st_o_p
04-20-2004, 01:12 PM
CD Player is now standard. ...
AND it seems to play CD-R's and CD-RW's fine! :)

But not MP3s :thumbdwn:
it seems BMW is behind the curve on these things - in-dash changers, MP3 CDs, etc

Jim Seattle
04-20-2004, 01:34 PM
CD Player is now standard.

Steven - You are saying it's std in the X5 now? Or did you mean 3 seris?

demenas
04-20-2004, 08:26 PM
Steven - You are saying it's std in the X5 now? Or did you mean 3 seris?

I meant 3 Series. I'm afraid I have no info on the X5 series.