PDA

View Full Version : BMW News: BMW Dominates 2011 Kelley Blue Book's kbb.com Best Resale Value Awards

tim330i
11-17-2010, 06:59 AM
The BMW brand has won Best Resale Value Luxury Brand for the 2011 model year by Kelley Blue Book’s KBB.com. In addition, the BMW X5 and BMW X6 Sports Activity Vehicles each won places on the KBB.com 2011 model year list of Top 10 Models for Best Resale Value, and the X5 xDrive35d Advanced Diesel was chosen as Best Resale Value for Hybrid / Alternative Energy Utility Vehicle. Not stopping there, the BMW X5 also won the 2011 Best Resale Value award in the Luxury Utility Vehicle category.

“At BMW, we believe our vehicles’ strong resale value is a result not only of the innovation, engineering and design aesthetics built into each one of our cars, but also the quality of the BMW ownership experience in total,” said Peter Miles, BMW of North America’s Executive Vice President of Operations. Miles accepted the awards for BMW on the eve of the 2010 Los Angeles International Auto Show, saying, “BMW vehicles serve as industry benchmarks when new then strongly influence the used-car market as they go on to satisfy additional owners. BMW resale value proves that.”

“Consumers should take a good look at the projected resale value of a car when choosing their next new-vehicle purchase, and they would be wise to carefully consider the 2011 Best Resale Value Award winning vehicles and brands on this year’s list,” said James Bell, executive market analyst for Kelley Blue Book’s kbb.com “Taking the time to research and choose vehicle makes, models and options wisely now can help new-car shoppers hold value down the road when they go to sell or trade-in the vehicle.”

Kelley Blue Book’s Best Resale Value Awards are based on projections from the Kelley Blue Book® Official Residual Value Guide, determined by an expert staff of automotive analysts. These prestigious awards honor vehicles expected to maintain the greatest proportion of their original list price after five years of ownership. Low-volume vehicles and vehicles with a Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price of more than $60,000 are excluded from award consideration, except in the luxury and high-performance categories.

BayAreaBimmer
01-11-2011, 06:15 PM
Everyone wants a bimmer and everyone always will.

dalekressin
01-11-2011, 06:17 PM
This makes me happy that I currently have three BMWs great news

BayAreaBimmer
01-11-2011, 06:32 PM
Everyone wants a bimmer and everyone always will.

BayAreaBimmer
01-11-2011, 06:32 PM
This makes me happy that I currently have three BMWs great news

I'm jealous..

barnesdh
01-17-2011, 09:39 AM
I really question this article relative to the resale value of my 2008 feature loaded 535xi. I went to get a trade in value for a new X3. They gave me a value of $30,000 for a car that's feature loaded, 36,000 miles and less than 4 years old. MSRP was around $64,000...now it's worth less than half??? For those who read this and own a 535xi, please comment. This is NOT what BMW promotes. I love BMW cars and have owned many...but something went wrong with this car in terms of resale value. I plan to write BMW for their comment. Will post their reply here. :cry:

air_cooled
01-18-2011, 11:04 AM
....I went to get a trade in value for a new X3. They gave me a value of.....

I think you answered your own question there.

However, having said that, and not knowing what they are going for in your local area, you may get a few extra thousand selling private. Buying from a dealer with a trade is just asking to be taken "for a ride"

bmw325
01-19-2011, 08:58 AM
I really question this article relative to the resale value of my 2008 feature loaded 535xi. I went to get a trade in value for a new X3. They gave me a value of $30,000 for a car that's feature loaded, 36,000 miles and less than 4 years old. MSRP was around $64,000...now it's worth less than half??? For those who read this and own a 535xi, please comment. This is NOT what BMW promotes. I love BMW cars and have owned many...but something went wrong with this car in terms of resale value. I plan to write BMW for their comment. Will post their reply here. :cry:

uhhh...50% of MSRP on a trade-in for a 4 year old luxury car is pretty good. BMW's highly subsidized lease residuals fall around 60% after 3 years/ 30k in comparison.

damyankee
01-19-2011, 10:42 AM
I read this in the last Roundel issue and it seems completely illogical to me. Given recent reliability issues and the ever-increasing astronomical cost of owning a modern BMW after the warranty expiration, I would expect exactly the opposite.