PDA

View Full Version : Postbit templates and embedded links...

mquetel
01-10-2004, 08:38 PM
This post: http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showpost.php?p=630638&postcount=233 has a quote with a link embedded in it. When I click that link, the messages returned have the postbit template set to top (which became the board default w/ the software upgrade) as opposed to left which is my default. What gives?

·clyde·
01-10-2004, 11:07 PM
the link is coded as "bimmerfest.com" instead of "www.bimmerfest.com"

It looks like that may have something to do with it. If I click the link, the postbits are set to top. If I add in "www." in the address box and reload with the new URL, the postbits are set to left, which my default.

mquetel
01-11-2004, 09:13 AM
OK, thanks. That worked for me also... still a bit of a mystery as to why, though. :dunno:

tim330i
01-12-2004, 06:49 PM
probably a glitch, this is still a release candidate. vBulletin has been fixing issues like this for RC1 and RC2.

We will continue to upgrade as new version become available.

Tim

alee
01-12-2004, 06:51 PM
the link is coded as "bimmerfest.com" instead of "www.bimmerfest.com"

It looks like that may have something to do with it. If I click the link, the postbits are set to top. If I add in "www." in the address box and reload with the new URL, the postbits are set to left, which my default.
That's because cookies are stored per qualified domain.

Once you login at bimmerfest.com and www.bimmerfest.com, you should not have these problems.

pixA4
01-12-2004, 07:51 PM
That's because cookies are stored per qualified domain.

Once you login at bimmerfest.com and www.bimmerfest.com, you should not have these problems.
This is correct, although it should not have been a problem. We had set the cookie domain to work over anything with bimmerfest.com but the software decided to change that setting in the last update. Changing the cookie domain does nothing but cause more trouble as logging in would be troublesome for a lot of people until they cleared their cookies. If we continue to see problems, we may end up switching it back to work over the entire domain.