PDA

View Full Version : "You last visited" not working corectly

BobC
01-12-2004, 06:00 AM
The "You last visited" function has not been working right for me in the last week or so. Every morning when I first come to the forum page the "You last visited" function says I last visited about 10 minutes before I got here. For example, this morning I got to the forum about 7:55 EST, the "you last visited" info says I last visited Today at 7:42 am. Not true! I haven't been to this forum since sometime yesterday afternoon! I did not have to sign if, the forum remembers who I am. The rest of the day the "You last visited" function works fine. Any sugestions?

tim330i
01-12-2004, 07:38 PM
Have you tried clearing your cookies? That is an odd issue, I did a quick search on vBulletin's site and didn't find anything.

Tim

BobC
01-13-2004, 06:44 AM
Have you tried clearing your cookies? That is an odd issue, I did a quick search on vBulletin's site and didn't find anything.

Tim

Ok, dumb question. How do I clear my cookies?

·clyde·
01-13-2004, 07:12 AM
Logging out is supposed to clear all the cookies, but I'm not 100% sure that it does. You can also manually delete cookies. Most browsers other than Internet Explorer have a tool in their preferences that let you select individual cookies for deletion. There are third party apps that make it easy to do for IE cookies.

I had this problem here too using Safari on a Mac. I'm not sure exactly what was going on, but if I visited one of several other forums and didn't wait for the sessions at the other forums to time out (or quit and relaunch Safari) before visiting bimmerfest my last visited time would be the time that I first went to the other forum. It hasn't happened since the latest bimmerfest update though.

tim330i
01-13-2004, 12:17 PM
If you are using IE it is:

From the menu bar Tools > Internet Options

That will open a options window. There should be a button that says clear cookies. We have found that this has fixed everyone’s problem so far. Logging out of the forum only clears the new cookie (most likely) and the problem is coming from the previous cookie from the old software version.

Tim