PDA

View Full Version : any reviews for Garmin iQUE 3600 GPS?

BMWer
01-14-2004, 09:41 PM
Experiences? Does it work well?

quattro29
01-15-2004, 08:18 AM
Experiences? Does it work well?

I like it -- make sure you get the car kit for it though, as the battery life is very short and the built-in speaker is not loud enough to hear well in your car. You'll also need to buy a decent capacity SD card to store maps, so don't forget to factor in that extra $100-200 (depending on the size you want).

It takes a while to "acquire satellites" the first time you use it each day, but after that is reasonably speedy. I have the cd-based BMW nav in my X5 and the iQUE's a little faster. You can also pull addresses out of your normal contacts (synched with PC) rather than entering them manually.

Overall, I'm impressed with the quality and features for the price. :thumbup:

FireFly
01-15-2004, 08:25 AM
Wife got me one for Xmas. I played with it for a couple of days and returned it only because it is not waterproof. I need one for the car and boat. If it were waterproof I would have kept it. Very impressed with the speed and graphics. One of the coolest gadgets I have ever played with and it blows my Garmin GPSIII away.

nealh
01-15-2004, 11:07 AM
Wife got me one for Xmas. I played with it for a couple of days and returned it only because it is not waterproof. I need one for the car and boat. If it were waterproof I would have kept it. Very impressed with the speed and graphics. One of the coolest gadgets I have ever played with and it blows my Garmin GPSIII away.

Go to gpscity.com..they sell these units at a nice price and have a forum you can ask people how well they work out..

I got a Garmin 2610 from there and it works like a charm

FireFly
01-15-2004, 11:28 AM
Go to gpscity.com..they sell these units at a nice price and have a forum you can ask people how well they work out..

I got a Garmin 2610 from there and it works like a charm

My wife purchased it from Comp Usa for full retail. When Garmin comes out with the new 60c color handheld (waterproof) in Q1 I'll buy from www.brokenlegdave.com His prices are the lowest on the web and I know many who have purchased from him. Great service.

Check out his price on the Ique 3600- $100 less than Comp Usa.

nealh
01-15-2004, 11:33 AM
My wife purchased it from Comp Usa for full retail. When Garmin comes out with the new 60c color handheld (waterproof) in Q1 I'll buy from www.brokenlegdave.com His prices are the lowest on the web and I know many who have purchased from him. Great service.

Check out his price on the Ique 3600- $100 less than Comp Usa.

www.gpscity.com

Ique 3600 is $450 not sure how this compares..I just know there ciustomer service was great and they pricematch any authorized dealer...I paid in Oct $785 for Garmin 2610 which was brand new and retailed for $999 or more

FireFly
01-15-2004, 11:44 AM
www.gpscity.com

Ique 3600 is $450 not sure how this compares..I just know there ciustomer service was great and they pricematch any authorized dealer...I paid in Oct $785 for Garmin 2610 which was brand new and retailed for $999 or more

Thanks for the info - i'll have to check them out when the 60c hits the streets.