PDA

View Full Version : NAV cd question?

JJK-E46
01-14-2004, 10:02 PM
I just bought a Pre-owned 2001 X5 with NAV and wondering how I can obtain an updated CD. I can't even pick up my neighborhood. I don't live in a rural area but 10 mins from DC.
I hear things about navtech and searched various sites but do I just pop in the cd?

Thanks ahead!!!!

Terry Kennedy
01-14-2004, 11:00 PM
I just bought a Pre-owned 2001 X5 with NAV and wondering how I can obtain an updated CD. I can't even pick up my neighborhood. I don't live in a rural area but 10 mins from DC.
I hear things about navtech and searched various sites but do I just pop in the cd?That's pretty much it. It is always a good idea to update the navigation system software when upgrading the map - your dealer should be able to perform this service for you. You could also buy the software update disc (this is distinct from the map disc) from the dealer and install it yourself, or find a copy on one of the file-sharing networks.

swindonhost
01-15-2004, 12:46 AM
You might want to try orchideenbloom on ebay, genuine article for a lot less than the dealer, he also has update software

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=orchideenbloom&completed=0&sort=3&since=-1