PDA

View Full Version : Waxing for the really lazy, or easily bored...

Nick325xiT 5spd
04-13-2002, 02:24 PM
I've frankly gotten kind of sick and tired of constantly waxing my car. As a result, I've developed a system that will keep my car adequately waxed, while avoiding the pitfalls of serious boredom.

In essence: wax a panel or two every time I wash.

I've found this a HELL of a lot less tiring, and it keeps the car looking decent. :)

alee
04-13-2002, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by Nick325xiT
I've frankly gotten kind of sick and tired of constantly waxing my car. As a result, I've developed a system that will keep my car adequately waxed, while avoiding the pitfalls of serious boredom.

In essence: wax a panel or two every time I wash
You sound like a prime candidate for a polymer wax. It keeps the "waxed" properties much longer.

Mike 325xi
04-13-2002, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by alee

You sound like a prime candidate for a polymer wax. It keeps the "waxed" properties much longer.
I think Dave 330i would disagree with you :lmao: :D

alee
04-13-2002, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by Mike 325xi
I think Dave 330i would disagree with you :lmao: :D
Busted by the trunk test. :rolleyes:

Mike 325xi
04-13-2002, 03:16 PM

Busted by the trunk test. :rolleyes:
I wonder if he could light it on fire or scratch it with a key like those 4:00 am infomercial guys do?? :confused: :bigpimp:

vexed
04-13-2002, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by Mike 325xi

I wonder if he could light it on fire or scratch it with a key like those 4:00 am infomercial guys do?? :confused: :bigpimp:

That' s why one of the few things you need to make your car sparkle is a garden hose.:D

Dr. Phil
04-13-2002, 06:04 PM

Every one is a prime candidate for Zaino when you're around.....we call that enabling:D Griots, buffets, Z....darn you Alee;)

alee
04-13-2002, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by PM 325xiT

Every one is a prime candidate for Zaino when you're around.....we call that enabling:D Griots, buffets, Z....darn you Alee;)
I bet you thought you could just take that wagon of yours through the automatic car wash. :D

Dr. Phil
04-13-2002, 06:28 PM

I bet you thought you could just take that wagon of yours through the automatic car wash. :D
:yikes:

At one time yes but I've seen the light oh Master Leehttp://forums.off-topic.net/images/smilies/bowdown.gif

Today I took 2 buckets, 2 wash mitts, sponge, wheel brush, Sonax, P21S drying towel and a cotton terry to the DIY stall:tsk: It took me longer to get everything set up than for the other 2 people there to wash their entire car and leave:D

Nick325xiT 5spd
04-13-2002, 08:26 PM
When I run out of Meguiar's and Blackfire.
I expect they'll be gone pretty soon, though. BTW, blackfire lasts a couple of days before it seems to stop working. I'm experimenting currently with meguiar's over blackfire over meguiar's. I'll see how that holds up.

Pretty soon, though, I intend to order some Zaino. It would DEFINITELY be nice to have a seriously durable wax to use.

eugeneDC/TX
04-15-2002, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by Nick325xiT
BTW, blackfire lasts a couple of days before it seems to stop working. I'm experimenting currently with meguiar's over blackfire over meguiar's. I'll see how that holds up.

i was thinking of blackfire rather than klasse, but decided on klasse. you've found that blackfire doesn't last more than a few days. i know the durability wasn't its biggest selling point, but geez. you put it on top of a coat of meguiars? iirc, products like BF or klasse need to be applied on a clean (no wax) surface. i'm sure you did everything right and BF just doesnt last (as per its reputation). my klasse should be here soon, i'll post my impressions (as it stands now i'm running two coats of blitz and i'm thinking of putting one more blitz coat on and then 1 or 2 coats of p21s, actually it's cost effective twin s100)