PDA

View Full Version : Good thing I saw this

DaleJ
12-21-2010, 06:08 AM
or I might have been in trouble in the heavy snow we get down here in Texas... :rolleyes:

http://www.motorauthority.com/blog/1052710_bmw-stuck-in-the-snow-guess-which-end-your-chains-go-on

timfitz63
12-21-2010, 08:44 AM
Years ago, before FWD became so prevalent, I saw folks do essentially the opposite (put their snow tires on the rear wheels of a FWD vehicle). I guess they get into a habit, then get a new vehicle and make assumptions that they never think to verify...?

Or perhaps I'm being kind, and this is proof once again that the two most abundant things in the universe are hydrogen and human stupidity...?

Eh, it's Christmas; I'll give them the benefit of the doubt... For now... ;)

Slaymaster
12-21-2010, 11:01 AM
Now THAT is hysterical! Why people don't read their manuals, especially when purchasing and installing something like chains will be the unexplained mystery for years to come! I'm sure they bought the car for the Roundel rather then thinking they bought the Ultimate Driving Machine.

CDirks
12-21-2010, 08:13 PM
It just makes me disappointed. That and scared.

dms540i
12-23-2010, 05:10 PM
Just goes to show a lot of folks out there just don't get it.

Polarlys
12-23-2010, 05:39 PM
But it sure had positive steering on those slippery roads.

manutdx
12-23-2010, 05:53 PM
If you guys read the comments on the article itself you'll see some pretty good arguments for why you would actually do this.

What I laugh at is they are using chains on such a small amount of snow. What a joke that is.