PDA

View Full Version : Ordered 550xi M sport for ED

bmwarchitect
12-26-2010, 07:04 AM
I want to thank all here for posting and for answering my questions over the last month. I have ordered the following for ED delivery in April.

550xi M sport
Carbon black
Black Dakota
Anthracite wood
Sport Automatic Transmission
Cold Weather Package
Premium Package 2
Smartphone
Heads Up Display

Looking forward to it.

dalekressin
12-26-2010, 07:10 AM
nice build congrats to you

bmwarchitect
12-26-2010, 07:33 AM
:)

650man
12-26-2010, 07:42 AM
I want to thank all here for posting and for answering my questions over the last month. I have ordered the following for ED delivery in April.

550xi M sport
Carbon black
Black Dakota
Anthracite wood
Cold Weather Package
Premium Package 2
Smartphone
Heads Up Display

Looking forward to it.

I have the same car.

Slaymaster
12-26-2010, 07:54 AM

550xi M sport
Carbon black
Black Dakota
Anthracite wood
Cold Weather Package
Premium Package 2
Smartphone
Heads Up Display

Looking forward to it.

Congrats! I noticed you didn't order the Anthracite headliner....

bmwarchitect
12-26-2010, 07:56 AM
I have the same car.

I noticed it and viewed your very sharp photos often. Once I saw the Carbon in person, I was pretty much hooked. (Nice backgrounds in your photos also.) Is there anything you would change if you were to order again?

bmwarchitect
12-26-2010, 07:58 AM
Congrats! I noticed you didn't order the Anthracite headliner....

It is included in the M sport package.

Slaymaster
12-26-2010, 08:19 AM
It is included in the M sport package.

Great! The car is going to look fabulous!!!

rsingh111
12-26-2010, 09:08 AM
BMWarch Amy chance you would spring fit the nappa leather. Find a huge difference. Have Dakota on x5 and nappa for 550 and 750 and wish I had got the nappa for hers too

DXK
12-26-2010, 09:43 AM
Make sure you read this link about ED. Also let us know if you have any specific questions about your itinerary.
http://www.bimmerfest.com/wiki/index.php?title=BMW_European_Delivery

bmwarchitect
12-26-2010, 01:21 PM
BMWarch Amy chance you would spring fit the nappa leather. Find a huge difference. Have Dakota on x5 and nappa for 550 and 750 and wish I had got the nappa for hers too

I orginally had the car quoted with Nappa, but hadn't seen it. I saw it the day I ordered on a 5 series GT in oysterblack and I wasn't overwhelmed by it. So I switched it out for the HUD as I hit my limit on adding options. Maybe if I had seen it in black I would have kept it in.

bmwarchitect
12-26-2010, 01:23 PM
Make sure you read this link about ED. Also let us know if you have any specific questions about your itinerary.
http://www.bimmerfest.com/wiki/index.php?title=BMW_European_Delivery

Thanx. Everyone on this forum has been extemely helpful and the information invaluable. Hopefully I can contribute the same moving forward.

rsingh111
12-26-2010, 07:11 PM
If it is an April delivery you still have time to make changes.

dimok
12-26-2010, 09:07 PM
Can you order a car now and have it delivered in April? Can you have it delivered to the dealer in April?
Thanks.

elchevere
12-26-2010, 09:47 PM
Congrats....I'm about to proceed with order on a Carbon Black 535 M-kit myself, but keep on wavering between Oyster/Black Napa v. Black Napa....tough call.

Rafa
12-27-2010, 01:58 AM
I orginally had the car quoted with Nappa, but hadn't seen it. I saw it the day I ordered on a 5 series GT in oysterblack and I wasn't overwhelmed by it. So I switched it out for the HUD as I hit my limit on adding options. Maybe if I had seen it in black I would have kept it in.

You cannot go wrong with either the Dakota or the Nappa; I think you'll be pleased either way. The HUD is a great addition, so if the Nappa did not overwhelm you, you made a great choice. If I had to choose between Nappa and HUD, I would pick HUD.

blackhawk_pilot
12-27-2010, 04:50 AM
+1
I continue to find the HUD as the one option that I truly use the most. Is one of those gadgets that you don't think will be worth it till you actually have it. I've become addicted to it that's for sure, I'm just spoiled by it.
As a side note, the one option I sort of regret not getting is the active cruise control. Also it wool be cool if the nav system came with pre loaded speed limits for those of us with out the camara option for reading these.

bmwarchitect
12-27-2010, 05:35 AM
Can you order a car now and have it delivered in April? Can you have it delivered to the dealer in April?
Thanks.

The car is scheduled for ED delivery in Munich in April. It will not arrive at the dealer until it is sent back from Munich after pickup. Holdiay cash does not apply if that is why you are asking.

bmwarchitect
12-27-2010, 05:39 AM
Congrats....I'm about to proceed with order on a Carbon Black 535 M-kit myself, but keep on wavering between Oyster/Black Napa v. Black Napa....tough call.

One of my co-workers has the oyster/black with a vermillon X6. Many of the test cars I drove had the O/B/. It is an elegant look, but I wanted a more subdued interior. That was my second choice.

bmwarchitect
12-27-2010, 05:45 AM
+1
I continue to find the HUD as the one option that I truly use the most. Is one of those gadgets that you don't think will be worth it till you actually have it. I've become addicted to it that's for sure, I'm just spoiled by it.
As a side note, the one option I sort of regret not getting is the active cruise control. Also it wool be cool if the nav system came with pre loaded speed limits for those of us with out the camara option for reading these.

Addiction is probably the right word. Once I thought about not having it, I concluded I would miss it, even after just the test drives. My co-worker who has it is a technology guru, ordered it, with the thought it might be a gimmick but wanted it. Now he also thinks it is one of the most useful options because of the ability to easily see speed and for navigation support.