PDA

View Full Version : BMW love.

kipsE36
12-26-2010, 10:22 AM
I was pulling out of a gas station and an X5 was in front of me waiting to merge as well. Well i noticed that another e39 let him out. He was about to start driving again when he noticed me, another e39 lover, he smiled and let me out as well. My sister was with me and said did he just let you out cause you drive a bmw? i told her of course!

jhayregz
12-26-2010, 02:24 PM
any time i see a bimmer owner. old or young...i drive besides them...stare at them with an aggressive face till they look and flip em the thumbs up with a big smile all teeth!
lol mixed reaction since im besides them(RHD)
i see confusion, happiness, scared

BMWenthusiast
12-27-2010, 12:18 AM
I usually always let someone in ahead of me that's trying to merge if they have a BMW. It's happened to me more than once and much more than if I'm in another brand of car (i.e. Lexus letting a Lexus in)

needa745li03-05
12-27-2010, 11:49 AM
any time i see a bimmer owner. old or young...i drive besides them...stare at them with an aggressive face till they look and flip em the thumbs up with a big smile all teeth!
lol mixed reaction since im besides them(RHD)
i see confusion, happiness, scared

lol i can imagin lol just dont be where they are @ the next stop .. you might have to add running to that list lol

:bigpimp:

kipsE36
12-27-2010, 01:09 PM
Whenever i drive my truck (94 F250 TD) ppl usualy dont let me out. Especially the convertible drivers

needa745li03-05
12-27-2010, 01:38 PM
Whenever i drive my truck (94 F250 TD) ppl usualy dont let me out. Especially the convertible drivers

lol ur a bully on the rode man just throw that truck out there and let the engine roar on em they slow down and let you by lol ;)

kipsE36
12-27-2010, 03:52 PM
"Let the engine roar.." lol it is running open downpipe right now.

davy_b
12-28-2010, 12:32 PM
I was pulling out of a gas station and an X5 was in front of me waiting to merge as well. Well i noticed that another e39 let him out. He was about to start driving again when he noticed me, another e39 lover, he smiled and let me out as well. My sister was with me and said did he just let you out cause you drive a bmw? i told her of course!

i do the same. i find a lot of bmw owners do let you :)

steve330ischnel
01-04-2011, 03:29 PM
i just got my 02 330 and i even noticed this on the drive home from the dealer, best part is the owners of the newer bimmers let you in just the same as olders, no snootiness

BayAreaBimmer
01-13-2011, 09:37 AM

What a great story :D Bimmers are the best but i can't lie, there are some bimmer owners out there that are too cocky...but not nearly as bad as those damned porsche owners, they think they own the road :mad:

bmwjen
01-13-2011, 11:27 PM
I took my mom to the gym with me the other day. She was like "You are driving, because I want to ride in the BMW!!!". So, we get to the gym, and she immediately takes note, and points out every other BMW in the parking lot. I'm thinking her next car will be a BMW :)

BMWenthusiast
01-14-2011, 01:51 AM
I took my mom to the gym with me the other day. She was like "You are driving, because I want to ride in the BMW!!!". So, we get to the gym, and she immediately takes note, and points out every other BMW in the parking lot. I'm thinking her next car will be a BMW :)

Always a good sign. Whenever I'm driving or out I'm usually keeping an eye out for other BMW's, and have gotten pretty good about being able to tell which kind is behind me when I'm looking in the rear-view mirror at light based on its lights.

Always end up parking next to a BMW if possible...:D

JimD1
01-14-2011, 05:47 AM
Around here it seems like half the vehicles are pickups. I try not to follow them for multiple reasons. They are tall so I can't see as well, they tend to throw up any water on the road messing up my car, but probably the worst is I find a significant percentage are annoying drivers. Some think they have a race car and you wait for them to tip over. But the worst for me is what I call "pansies in pickups". Things like going 10mph over railroad tracks so they won't hurt their pride and joy. Not something I look forward to experiencing. So I do not do anything that would help them get in front of me. My son owns a pickup, by the way, and doesn't like my comments. I also own a SUV I drive more than my bimmer. So I am not anti-trucks, at least I don't think I am. I just find it annoying to be behind them sometimes when I'm driving the bimmer. So I rarely go out of my way to let them out in front of me.

I like to be around other bimmers and will make it easier for them when I can. I especially like M3s and any convertible.

Jim

BayAreaBimmer
01-14-2011, 09:23 AM

This is normal after your first ride in a bimmer, glad to hear :thumbup: