PDA

View Full Version : 535i in Monaco with Mojave leather?

Runon MD1
12-26-2010, 10:14 PM
Is this combination possible, as with a special order? That color leather is available on the top X3 model.
If so, will it add an additional cost of $5000 or $6000?

Richard

Runon MD1
12-26-2010, 10:20 PM
My error on the previous post...it's not Monaco with Mojave interior...my question should have said Mojave exterior with Mojave leather interior.

Richard:mad:

freberta
12-27-2010, 08:41 AM
Hello Runon,

I have the Mojave Metallic exterior and Venetian Beige interior on my F10 that I took delivery of in September. The other common interior color is the Cinammon interior. However, I thought that did not offer a sufficient contrast with the Mojave Metallic exterior.

Runon MD1
12-27-2010, 12:36 PM
Thanks for the response, Freberta!

I assume you have a 535i and not an X3 with that color combination, correct?

Was there an extra charge above and beyond that for leather seats...in other words, there was no $5000 charge for a non-standard option, correct?

Thanks again.

Richard

markl53
12-27-2010, 01:26 PM
Thanks for the response, Freberta!

I assume you have a 535i and not an X3 with that color combination, correct?

Was there an extra charge above and beyond that for leather seats...in other words, there was no $5000 charge for a non-standard option, correct?

Thanks again.

Richard

The combination he described is a standard offering. He either got the premium package which includes leather ($1800), or bought leather as a stand alone ($1450) (most likely the former). Venetian Beige is a standard leather color for the F10, available with Mojave Metallic exterior. I'm saying, he doesn't have a non-standard setup in that car.

freberta
12-27-2010, 01:29 PM
Mark is correct. The Venetian beige came as part of the premium package.

Runon MD1
12-27-2010, 10:15 PM
You are, of course, correct.

I made a silly error, and read what I wanted to read rather than what had been written and which was quite clear.

So...my question remains, which is whether or not one can order Mojave paint with Mojave leather. Can it be done, even if it requires a special order?

I again apologize for my mistake.

Richard

freberta
12-28-2010, 04:22 AM
To my knowledge, you can only order the colors BMW shows on it's Build Your Own site for the specific model you want to buy. So since Monaco leather does not appear for the 535i, you can not get it, even on a special order. I also believe BMW does not allow some combinations of exterior colors with certain interior colors to avoid building what they deem to be an unacceptable combination.

AzNMpower32
12-28-2010, 07:34 AM
No, I don't believe BMW makes a Mojave leather. The closest you could do is a Mojave metallic and Cinnamon Brown leather.

Needsdecaf
12-28-2010, 08:10 AM
No, I don't believe BMW makes a Mojave leather. The closest you could do is a Mojave metallic and Cinnamon Brown leather.

Yes, they do. Just not offered in the F10.

Companies like Audi and MB allow you to "pay to play" and order custom colors, etc. under their various programs. They charge you a fee plus the option cost.

I am not sure how BMW does it, if at all.

markl53
12-28-2010, 12:32 PM
Yes, they do. Just not offered in the F10.

Companies like Audi and MB allow you to "pay to play" and order custom colors, etc. under their various programs. They charge you a fee plus the option cost.

I am not sure how BMW does it, if at all.

BMW "Individual" program. Not sure if it's available across all lines. I think the 7 has some options with it... comes with a $7K "setup fee" I believe. (This is somewhat from memory - not 100%)

Runon MD1
12-28-2010, 01:44 PM

I believe Mojave leather is offered in the X3.

It always seems to be the case that whatever color or combination I like is not offered in the model I select. I suppose I would be the first to be voted off "Good Taste Island."

Richard::rolleyes:

AzNMpower32
12-28-2010, 01:59 PM
I doubt you'd be able to get Mojave from the X3. The seat structure is different (as opposed to trying to obtain a colour from the 7er) and thus the leather would have to the custom-dyed and fabricated to work on a 5er. Extremely slim chance.

This isn't really even like the Individual Programme, which has a handful of colour choices. Plus, that's not offered on the 5er in North American anyway.

Unfortunately, BMW can't accommodate absolutely everything. If it's that distasteful that they don't offer it on the 5er, I suggest looking at another brand.

Munich77
12-28-2010, 04:25 PM
BMW "Individual" program. Not sure if it's available across all lines. I think the 7 has some options with it... comes with a $7K "setup fee" I believe. (This is somewhat from memory - not 100%)

I wish the made it available across the entire line. In Europe they have it for all of the model line. In the U.S., it is only available for the 7 series but some people have gotten BMW to bend the rules for M5s/M6s.

Needsdecaf
12-28-2010, 05:11 PM
I

Unfortunately, BMW can't accommodate absolutely everything. If it's that distasteful that they don't offer it on the 5er, I suggest looking at another brand.

You act like this is a big deal....

Audi offers the inscription program, by which you can pay a small fee and chose among many, many colors. Many of which are not all that palatable to some people. I recall one Audi A5 that was a test car for a magazine that was a flat cocoa color with brown leather interior.

markl53
12-28-2010, 08:15 PM
I doubt you'd be able to get Mojave from the X3. The seat structure is different (as opposed to trying to obtain a colour from the 7er) and thus the leather would have to the custom-dyed and fabricated to work on a 5er. Extremely slim chance.

This isn't really even like the Individual Programme, which has a handful of colour choices. Plus, that's not offered on the 5er in North American anyway.

Actually, the whole idea of the BMW Individual, or similar programs by MB or other makes, is to use the materials and colors available in other models, or even custom materials as specified by the buyer. They fabricate the seats as needed, they don't need patterns that are used for the colors standard in other models. It's like buying a custom made suit only on a larger scale.

Needsdecaf
12-29-2010, 08:45 AM
Actually, the whole idea of the BMW Individual, or similar programs by MB or other makes, is to use the materials and colors available in other models, or even custom materials as specified by the buyer. They fabricate the seats as needed, they don't need patterns that are used for the colors standard in other models. It's like buying a custom made suit only on a larger scale.

Exactly.

Here is the website: http://www.bmw.com/com/en/newvehicles/5series/sedan/2007/allfacts/individual/introduction.html

Too bad it shows the E60, not the F10.

Runon MD1
12-29-2010, 09:03 PM
Ummmm...I am not acting like it's a big deal, because the fact of the matter is that it's not, and wonder why you think that I think it is.

I would have liked to have that combination, but understand that BMW is not at my beck and call, and cannot meet all desires/preferences, including mine.

I will choose another color combination, that is if it's ok with you, and will go on living, so cool your jets, ok?

Richard

Needsdecaf
12-30-2010, 05:16 AM
Ummmm...I am not acting like it's a big deal, because the fact of the matter is that it's not, and wonder why you think that I think it is.

I would have liked to have that combination, but understand that BMW is not at my beck and call, and cannot meet all desires/preferences, including mine.

I will choose another color combination, that is if it's ok with you, and will go on living, so cool your jets, ok?

Richard

If you are directing the "big deal" comment toward me, I was not directing the "big deal" comment toward you.

97mdrei
12-30-2010, 09:30 PM

Richard

I can tell you that within the past few months I saw a post on an X5 forum where someone purchased a new (2011) X5 (in Midwest) with an Individual color. Individual colors are not available in the US on the current X5 models. This person's request for the color was shot down by multiple SAs and SMs. He argued his point in a letter to BMWNA (addressed to one of the 'higher ups') explaining that X5s were available in Individual colors in Canada and that the Canadian X5s were coming from the same SC plant as the units going to US dealers. Anyway, a phone call was made and his wish was granted for $5K. He posted pics and the finished product was not only unique but, IMO, looked great. Take it for what it is as it's not comparing 'apples-to-apples' but I wouldn't consider the request hopeless.