PDA

View Full Version : do black bimmers cost more ??

needa745li03-05
12-27-2010, 12:44 PM
ive heard this from a few folks ... i cant really tell by looking @ prices tho ... from what i can tell mileage & year is really a determining factor as far as cost ... cause u rarely see a ragedy looking bimmer lol ...

but im being told its the flagship color and its harder to come by .....

i see tons of black bimmers

but i do see a shortage of black/blk bimmers for sale .... (7series specifically speaking)

:bigpimp:

beashonda
12-27-2010, 01:23 PM
In NJ/NY black on black bimmers are a dime a dozen. See them all the time.

needa745li03-05
12-27-2010, 01:50 PM
In NJ/NY black on black bimmers are a dime a dozen. See them all the time.

tell them to start putting them up for sale cause im looking lol ;)

a4ragtop
12-27-2010, 08:15 PM
Yeah they cost more. With a black bimmer, you'll spend about twice as much for car washes, detailing products, etc.

dalekressin
12-27-2010, 08:29 PM
Metallic paint is an upcharge

TerraPhantm
12-27-2010, 11:56 PM
Black is a color that will almost always be in style, so they typically sell pretty easily. The more exotic colors are riskier. My Imola Red 3er for example: IMO it's the best color for the E46 bar none, but while I was trying to sell it so many people messaged me saying "your car looks great, but I just can't bring myself to drive a red car." I eventually just underpriced it by about $2500 (probably more if you consider the mods) just so I can sell it.

manutdx
12-28-2010, 12:43 AM
As mentioned, the only reason some black BMWs are more expensive than white ones is because of the metallic paint upgrade. InCanada it seems to be $800. but any colour other than Alpine White or Jet black will be an upgraded colour.

Saphire Black Metallic is the upgraded black colour.

needa745li03-05
12-28-2010, 11:56 AM
As mentioned, the only reason some black BMWs are more expensive than white ones is because of the metallic paint upgrade. InCanada it seems to be $800. but any colour other than Alpine White or Jet black will be an upgraded colour.

Saphire Black Metallic is the upgraded black colour.

ok that def explains it thanks for the info

needa745li03-05
12-28-2010, 11:57 AM
Black is a color that will almost always be in style, so they typically sell pretty easily. The more exotic colors are riskier. My Imola Red 3er for example: IMO it's the best color for the E46 bar none, but while I was trying to sell it so many people messaged me saying "your car looks great, but I just can't bring myself to drive a red car." I eventually just underpriced it by about $2500 (probably more if you consider the mods) just so I can sell it.

damn i guess the size of a red car is a determining factor too lol ... but hmmmmmmm also thanks for confirming going with an color outside of black could save ya some $$ :bigpimp: