PDA

View Full Version : Questions about ED

needa745li03-05
12-28-2010, 12:02 PM
i was checking the faqs and couldnt find an answer for my question ... very simple ... just want to confirm if this is available option for folks looking to buy used ?? from the documentation on ED it sounds like its for NEW cars only ... but it never says that specifically .... :dunno:

woody underwood
12-28-2010, 02:01 PM
You'll get lot's of copy on this...I've ED'd and as far as I can tell it's new only. And it probably has a lot to do with US spec vs. German...even though there's basically no difference.

bmw325
12-28-2010, 02:56 PM
Its for new cars only. If you think about it, how would they offer it for used cars? They'd either have to ship used US spec cars back to Germany so that you could pick them up there, or they'd be selling used German spec cars (which you wouldn't be able to import back to the US).

needa745li03-05
12-28-2010, 03:13 PM
You'll get lot's of copy on this...I've ED'd and as far as I can tell it's new only. And it probably has a lot to do with US spec vs. German...even though there's basically no difference.

cool thanks for the confirmation :bigpimp:

needa745li03-05
12-28-2010, 03:15 PM
Its for new cars only. If you think about it, how would they offer it for used cars? They'd either have to ship used US spec cars back to Germany so that you could pick them up there, or they'd be selling used German spec cars (which you wouldn't be able to import back to the US).

thats def what i was thinking esepcially after reading the documentation on how ED works and it keeps talking about shipping US made cars ... so common sense was def telling me that ....... but just neeeded that confirmation ya know ... THANKS !! ;)

:bigpimp:

Andrew*Debbie
12-28-2010, 03:34 PM
ED is only available for NEW US spec BMWs assembled in Europe. US spec MINIs are not available for ED but can be delivered in Europe though Military and Diplomatic sales programs.

BMWs assembled in South Carolina (currently X3 and X5) are not available for European Delivery.

Importing and Federalizing German spec BMWs less than 25 years old is impossible or too expensive to make it worthwhile. There are a few exceptions.