PDA

View Full Version : Tips on signing

MSS
12-29-2010, 11:03 AM
I am heading to the dealership to sign my first BMW 528i 2011. Very excited. Any tips on that so as to avoid getting burnt? I know about after Sept production date and PCD.

GHOST PROTOCOL
12-29-2010, 12:08 PM
Maybe I am being naive, but I really did not get the impression that my dealer was trying to burn me when I finally came in to sign. The only thing that I can think of that you may want to decide before you go in pertains to the after purchase items, i.e., your dealer will attempt to sell you additional warranties/insurance coverages on the vehicle. I am sure that most of us would agree that many of these items are not worth the money, but that some of them are. For example, if you are getting low profile tires, you may want to consider getting the tire & rim insurance offered directly by BMW. I purchased the tire & rim coverage, as well as the coverage to repair "dings" since I use my vehicle in the northeast in the urban areas where there is a realistic chance that I will benefit by these protection plans. If it turns out that I never use them, that is fine because I will not have had the worries protected by these coverages.

jzcrna
12-29-2010, 01:12 PM
Yes, I hear the tire and wheel package is much better nowadays than when I got it in 2008. (more coverage, offered directly by BMW (I think.))

Stay away from the BMW card they offer. The rewards are not great and the interest rate is high.

FPNY
12-29-2010, 01:19 PM
My deal was done prior to going to sign. I never got the impression that my dealership was out "burn" me. I checked the numbers that were agreed upon and signed. easy....

joshbw
12-29-2010, 01:53 PM
SPF 50 should help

adarshnn
12-29-2010, 02:00 PM
I am heading to the dealership to sign my first BMW 528i 2011. Very excited. Any tips on that so as to avoid getting burnt? I know about after Sept production date and PCD.

I will return my lease this friday on a 2008 328i and will get into a 2011 528i. Pretty Excited about it !
MY lease return has some work to be done which has been agreed upon by the dealer with no additional cost. I will take my lease contract papers with me. Is there any document I need to get from the dealer that states like I have returned my lease car with out any issues. I have 3500$ security deposit with BMW which I will get maybe in another 10 days (as per the dealer) . I just wanted to make sure I wont get any surprises like BMW not returning my full amount cause of the damages in the lease car return. I think the tires are strictly OK if not dealer will let me know.

Also the 2011 528i was an incoming unit and reached US like last week so can I safely assume that it is past SEPT production vehicle?

Please help me with your inputs.

Thank You So Much

beashonda
12-29-2010, 03:18 PM
I will return my lease this friday on a 2008 328i and will get into a 2011 528i. Pretty Excited about it !
MY lease return has some work to be done which has been agreed upon by the dealer with no additional cost. I will take my lease contract papers with me. Is there any document I need to get from the dealer that states like I have returned my lease car with out any issues. I have 3500$ security deposit with BMW which I will get maybe in another 10 days (as per the dealer) . I just wanted to make sure I wont get any surprises like BMW not returning my full amount cause of the damages in the lease car return. I think the tires are strictly OK if not dealer will let me know.

Also the 2011 528i was an incoming unit and reached US like last week so can I safely assume that it is past SEPT production vehicle?

Please help me with your inputs.

Thank You So Much

Congratulations! I felt my CA and the dealership were great. NO issues at pick-up. Yes, the only really tried to sell the tire insurance, which I knew about and was going to get anyway. The RFT don't seem to rebound that much in NJ/NY if you hit a pothole and have low profile tires. They get you to where you need to go, but then must be replaced, many times with the rim, which we know is expensive.

The lease return person would let you know if there were any other charges at return. Should be no surprises there.

Enjoy the 2011 528. Nice jump up in size for you and amenities.

adarshnn
12-29-2010, 06:33 PM
Congratulations! I felt my CA and the dealership were great. NO issues at pick-up. Yes, the only really tried to sell the tire insurance, which I knew about and was going to get anyway. The RFT don't seem to rebound that much in NJ/NY if you hit a pothole and have low profile tires. They get you to where you need to go, but then must be replaced, many times with the rim, which we know is expensive.

The lease return person would let you know if there were any other charges at return. Should be no surprises there.

Enjoy the 2011 528. Nice jump up in size for you and amenities.

Thank You !
I will be returning to the dealer and he will fix my front bumper which has a scratch and a tow eye cap and then produce it as a lease return to BMW I guess. (If i understood the process correctly) so when I return its just me and the dealer. Hence the question if I should get any document from my dealer that I returned my car fine with out any damages.
I pay like 18$ a month for that tire n rim warranty I think , will revise that on my new vehicle.
You have been really kind to provide your inputs and I really appreciate that.
Thanks Again!

tim-atl
12-30-2010, 03:46 AM
Unless you live somewhere that really dictates tire and wheel insurance (like NYC) then save your money, the math doesn't normally add up.

beashonda
12-30-2010, 07:56 AM
Thank You !
I will be returning to the dealer and he will fix my front bumper which has a scratch and a tow eye cap and then produce it as a lease return to BMW I guess. (If i understood the process correctly) so when I return its just me and the dealer. Hence the question if I should get any document from my dealer that I returned my car fine with out any damages.
I pay like 18$ a month for that tire n rim warranty I think , will revise that on my new vehicle.
You have been really kind to provide your inputs and I really appreciate that.
Thanks Again!

You will get a end of lease inspection report from dealer, which you will also sign.

Alecop77
12-30-2010, 09:29 AM
I've lived in New England my whole life...drove an old Blazer, a Vette, an M3, an X5...never have I "crushed a rim" Now I know it happens...but, once in a lifetime maybe?

MSS
12-30-2010, 09:52 AM
Thank you guys for your comments. I guess I need to correct the topic. It should read as 'Tips for ordering" to make it clear for everyone else. I found this out after I visited the dealership. Signing occurs when you get the car. On the ordering visit the following took place;
1. Deposit of 1000
2. The out the door price paper signed on a handwritten paper by me and the CA (I would have liked a computer generated document, but I was told that this is the document as proof of my deal)
3. After 1500 rebate and 1000 deposit (written as partial payment), I was told the balance due
4. Application of loan
5. I received a computer generated document stating that my loan application was approved
6. Since it had no details on the loan, on my asking, they sent me a computer generated loan detail doc. The amount applied for was the same as my balance due.
7. when I checked, it was applied for 60m 4.9% APR which they had to correct to 0.9 for 36 months but they said I am approved for 60 m also in case I go for that.
8. I got a production number

I thought I will write this for others but want to ask those who ordered if they did anything differently. Is a handwritten document enough for a dealership to honor once I take the vehicle delivery.
I am not concerned but just curious.

EvolutionTheory
12-30-2010, 07:51 PM
Thank you guys for your comments. I guess I need to correct the topic. It should read as 'Tips for ordering" to make it clear for everyone else. I found this out after I visited the dealership. Signing occurs when you get the car. On the ordering visit the following took place;
1. Deposit of 1000
2. The out the door price paper signed on a handwritten paper by me and the CA (I would have liked a computer generated document, but I was told that this is the document as proof of my deal)
3. After 1500 rebate and 1000 deposit (written as partial payment), I was told the balance due
4. Application of loan
5. I received a computer generated document stating that my loan application was approved
6. Since it had no details on the loan, on my asking, they sent me a computer generated loan detail doc. The amount applied for was the same as my balance due.
7. when I checked, it was applied for 60m 4.9% APR which they had to correct to 0.9 for 36 months but they said I am approved for 60 m also in case I go for that.
8. I got a production number

I thought I will write this for others but want to ask those who ordered if they did anything differently. Is a handwritten document enough for a dealership to honor once I take the vehicle delivery.
I am not concerned but just curious.

What exactly are you paying and for what specific options?