PDA

View Full Version : USB Port is missing

Yeleaf
12-29-2010, 12:44 PM
I have two issues on my 535i (production on 9/13) and can anyone confirm?
1. The car does not have a Nav and USB port is missing inside the glove box.
2. The steering wheel is slightly to right when driving on the road.

markl53
12-29-2010, 12:54 PM
I have two issues on my 535i (production on 9/13) and can anyone confirm?
1. The car does not have a Nav and USB port is missing inside the glove box.
2. The steering wheel is slightly to right when driving on the road.

Not sure what you are asking. We can't confirm your own vehicle. If you don't have Nav, then no, you won't have the USB port in the glove box. That port does not support iPod directly anyway, it is there to import mp3 to the Nav hard drive from a USB device (thumb drive, etc). The USB port that allows direct iPod connectivity is optional and is located (if you have it) in the central console next to the standard analog auxiliary input jack.

If you have a steering wheel alignment issue, suggest taking your car to your dealer for some warranty corrections.

raleedy
12-29-2010, 05:32 PM
If your steering wheel is to the right you got a UK car by mistake.

greenX3
12-29-2010, 06:23 PM
If your steering wheel is to the right you got a UK car by mistake.

:rofl: Now THAT'S funny! :rofl:

pcbrew
12-29-2010, 07:19 PM
... If you don't have Nav, then no, you won't have the USB port in the glove box. That port does not support iPod directly anyway, it is there to import mp3 to the Nav hard drive from a USB device (thumb drive, etc). The USB port that allows direct iPod connectivity is optional and is located (if you have it) in the central console next to the standard analog auxiliary input jack. ...

I thought even non-Nav had an HDD for iDrive stuff, manual, etc. and had ability to load MP3 files to it, though with much less space. I cannot find references though, so may be thinking of some other model.

markl53
12-29-2010, 07:21 PM
I thought even non-Nav had an HDD for iDrive stuff, manual, etc. and had ability to load MP3 files to it, though with much less space. I cannot find references though, so may be thinking of some other model.

No, don't believe so. The HD is with the Nav, at least USB access to same.

EDIT - I'm also checking the manual re: import/export of profile. Now I wonder.... But he said the USB port is not there and he didn't have Nav...Anyone else out there w/o Nav to verify if they have the GLOVE BOX USB (not the center console option)?

Yeleaf
12-31-2010, 09:44 AM
Thanks, markl53. Can anyone please verify the GLOVE BOX USB? I checked the manual and now I am confused. Thanks in advance to for info.

laser
12-31-2010, 10:17 AM
Thanks, markl53. Can anyone please verify the GLOVE BOX USB? I checked the manual and now I am confused. Thanks in advance to for info.

I seem to remember reading a post here somewhere (can't find it now) that the glove box USB is omitted in the later builds?

Have plugged my music MP3 loaded thumb drive in the glove box and nothing is read? Works fine from the center console USB port.

Was kind of hoping the mystery dot would light up when I plugged the drive into the glove box port but nada ......

tdepetra
12-31-2010, 11:25 AM
Glove box USB should be there. Inside on the right side up kind of high. That's the one you must use for your memory stick to upload to your hard drive music collection. It's fast and reliable.

andiana64
02-17-2011, 09:36 AM
I purchased my 528i 2 weeks ago. No NAV, but I did get the USB/IPod interface. Checked my glove box, there is no USB port, only a plastic spacer plug in its place.

Sharbotcom
02-17-2011, 10:20 AM
Have plugged my music MP3 loaded thumb drive in the glove box and nothing is read? Works fine from the center console USB port.

Was kind of hoping the mystery dot would light up when I plugged the drive into the glove box port but nada ......

It does not "play" from the USB in the glove box. You must "import" the music into your "MyusicCollection". If you don't have the "Music Collection" available via the iDrive then you don't have the capability.

From the manual:

Storing from a USB device

To store music, a suitable device must be connected
to the USB interface in the glove compartment.
***9655; Suitable devices: USB mass storage devices,
such as USB flash drives or MP3 players
with a USB interface.
***9655; Unsuitable devices: USB hard discs, USB
hubs, USB memory card readers with multiple
inserts, Apple iPod/iPhone. Music from
the Apple iPod/iPhone can be played via the
USB audio interface in the center armrest.
1. Connect the USB device to the USB interface
in the glove compartment, refer to
page 138.
2. "CD/Multimedia"
3. "Music collection"
4. Open "Options".
5. "Music data import/export"
6. "Import music (USB)"

bill

GHOST PROTOCOL
02-17-2011, 07:18 PM
Bump