PDA

View Full Version : The word for the day is TORQUE

car-fan
12-29-2010, 10:31 PM
Guys I must say that the Dinan Stage 1 reflash is worth it. The difference is NIGHT and DAY! If the torque figures from Dinan of 573 ft/lbs for the N63 TTV8 are accurate (and i have no reason to doubt Dinan's specs) the Dinan tune nets you more torque than any factory BMW currently in production - including the X5M/X6M, V12 760 Li, annnd the Alpina B7. Although I hear Dinan has recently released a tune for the B7 that ups the figures to 644 ft/lbs. That car must be other worldly.:yikes:

If you want a bit more power, do yourself a favor and find an authorized/reputable Dinan dealer and take advantage of the Dinan Stage 1 reflash. You save approximately $600.00 if you get it done by the end of the year ;)

Capobranco
12-30-2010, 02:35 PM
Guys I must say that the Dinan Stage 1 reflash is worth it. The difference is NIGHT and DAY! If the torque figures from Dinan of 573 ft/lbs for the N63 TTV8 are accurate (and i have no reason to doubt Dinan's specs) the Dinan tune nets you more torque than any factory BMW currently in production - including the X5M/X6M, V12 760 Li, annnd the Alpina B7. Although I hear Dinan has recently released a tune for the B7 that ups the figures to 644 ft/lbs. That car must be other worldly.:yikes:

If you want a bit more power, do yourself a favor and find an authorized/reputable Dinan dealer and take advantage of the Dinan Stage 1 reflash. You save approximately $600.00 if you get it done by the end of the year ;)

Whoa...you should not be called car-fan but car-fanatic....loving it!
You should take your Dinan 550i to the local drag strip - with your Quinny Buzz 4 child stroller in the back
- place some quiet bets and merrily take home a few $K just for fun - they wouldn't know what hit them!

Seriously - does Dinan quote 0 - 60 and 1/4 mile times?
Can you get adequate traction on launch?
Do you think x drive would help with traction?
Obviously, the 550i is a GT and not a dragster - more to its intended purpose - what differences do you note driving?
Am I correct - you now have a Dinan Warranty that must be serviced by an authorized Dinan BMW dealer - your BMW warranty is void?

Do you stalk Panamera Turbos?

I am still breaking mine in - trying to hold back - the power and responsiveness of the standard engine is breathtaking
- your car must be truly other worldly.

car-fan
01-06-2011, 07:44 PM
Whoa...you should not be called car-fan but car-fanatic....loving it!
You should take your Dinan 550i to the local drag strip - with your Quinny Buzz 4 child stroller in the back
- place some quiet bets and merrily take home a few $K just for fun - they wouldn't know what hit them!

Seriously - does Dinan quote 0 - 60 and 1/4 mile times?
Can you get adequate traction on launch?
Do you think x drive would help with traction?
Obviously, the 550i is a GT and not a dragster - more to its intended purpose - what differences do you note driving?
Am I correct - you now have a Dinan Warranty that must be serviced by an authorized Dinan BMW dealer - your BMW warranty is void?

Do you stalk Panamera Turbos?

I am still breaking mine in - trying to hold back - the power and responsiveness of the standard engine is breathtaking
- your car must be truly other worldly.

LOL! I actually had to park the GT for a while, having to much fun. I will hit the track (Moroso) eventually. I'll take the lighter Quinny Zapp compact stroller. Although folks might suspect something when they see Juniors Recaro Baby Seat. I wish I could borrow his seat to drive LOL. All kidding aside the software turns the GT into the perfect sleeper. Although, those who are not familiar may suspect something when they view the GT Sport from the rear with trapezoidal exhausts, 20 x 10 rims with 275/35 series tires. The 550i GT Sport isnt exactly pedestrian looking.

With regards to servicing you can have work done at a "non"- Dinan dealer/shop, but if your ECU is reprgrammed for any reason you will have to visit an authorized Dinan outlet to have the car reflashed. Reflashses will be done for no charge as needed with no maximum. If one experiences issues related to any Dinan modifications, Dinan would step in to rectify what they are responsible for by working with the dealer to resolve the problem. It supposed to be a seamless process. Personally, I hope to never have to deal with that aspect.

Capobranco
01-07-2011, 12:26 PM
LOL! I actually had to park the GT for a while, having to much fun. I will hit the track (Moroso) eventually. I'll take the lighter Quinny Zapp compact stroller. Although folks might suspect something when they see Juniors Recaro Baby Seat. I wish I could borrow his seat to drive LOL. All kidding aside the software turns the GT into the perfect sleeper. Although, those who are not familiar may suspect something when they view the GT Sport from the rear with trapezoidal exhausts, 20 x 10 rims with 275/35 series tires. The 550i GT Sport isnt exactly pedestrian looking.

With regards to servicing you can have work done at a "non"- Dinan dealer/shop, but if your ECU is reprgrammed for any reason you will have to visit an authorized Dinan outlet to have the car reflashed. Reflashses will be done for no charge as needed with no maximum. If one experiences issues related to any Dinan modifications, Dinan would step in to rectify what they are responsible for by working with the dealer to resolve the problem. It supposed to be a seamless process. Personally, I hope to never have to deal with that aspect.

Your uber 550i GT must be very exciting.
Have you considered upgrading the exhaust?
I find the exhaust note to be very nice but just a little tame.
Regarding the 550i GT's looks - my car has engendered numerous positive statements and thumbs up from total strangers. I have not seen another in the wild in the DC area - at times I feel I must be driving a show/concept car. The sport pack, and 20 inch wheels punctuate the car's robust athleticism. The attention I receive is unanticipated, but fun.

GTGuy
06-22-2011, 06:35 PM
Is there a stage 1 reflash for the 535?? Thanks:thumbup:

car-fan
06-24-2011, 09:57 PM
Is there a stage 1 reflash for the 535?? Thanks:thumbup:

I believe DINAN is working on it, but there is no ETA on when the tune will be complete yet. I think Burger has a tune available for the N55 now.