PDA

View Full Version : Good deal on 2011 550i for those interested.

jzcrna
12-30-2010, 06:49 AM
Hey all:

I found a great deal on a new 550i. Although I am not in the market at this point, someone might want to snatch this up. It is technically used with 3,000 miles. Its close to $10000 under MSRP.

http://www.qualityimports.com/used/BMW/2011-BMW-550-67a4fa740a0a0064012cfd6267771d5f.htm

jzcrna
12-30-2010, 10:33 AM
Wow, $14000 under MSRP with 3000 miles!

Do you guys think there will me more like this at the end of the year?

Needsdecaf
12-30-2010, 10:51 AM
Damn, that's cheap. Even used 535's with similar configurations are going for more.

As for more like this, don't expect one this cheap for a while. This is pretty aggressive pricing. As for used / CPO in general, since the model is so new the pickings are slim. As I wait until mid 2011 to order mine, I will certainly have my eye on the used market for anything that catches my fancy.

grover432
12-30-2010, 10:57 AM
Yes there will be more. I saw this vehicle as well. I'd stay away from the light interior if you are keeping the car longer term as it will pick up colour from your jeans. I always wonder about these cars that come up for sales 6 months after they were sold. If you are lucky, it is a guy who got in over his head and had to get out. That isn't likely though because most people who can't afford to purchase the car outright will lease. So maybe it is a car that has had so many problems the owner wanted to get rid of it? Maybe it was in an accident that didn't make it into the Carfax registry? 'd be looking for those answers before moving ahead. Finally, I'd prefer to get a CPO used from a BMW dealer.

BMWTX
12-30-2010, 11:08 AM
My 550i VIN ends with 270947 and I took delivery on 6/23/2010. This car may have been used on the BMW tour in early 2010.

jzcrna
12-30-2010, 11:10 AM
Valid points.

Yeah, There is always a deal somewhere. Very true. I should know this after all of these years of frequently finding "great deals" :p

Its also in Ft. Walton Beach, not many people up there looking for 550is...

Anyhow, looking is part of the fun!

Stealth.Pilot
12-30-2010, 11:34 AM
It's not that great a deal. I have been shopping for one for a while, and talked to Quality Imports about this model. 2 reasons I didn't bite:
1) Car doesn't have ventilated seats which is a no-go in Florida
2) Pacific BMW offered to sell me a new car for $12k below MSRP with Eurodelivery and PCD. So 14k below for a used one is not a good deal although it is okay.

If it had ventilated seats I would probably buy it.

csuf007
01-03-2011, 03:22 PM
It's not that great a deal. I have been shopping for one for a while, and talked to Quality Imports about this model. 2 reasons I didn't bite:
1) Car doesn't have ventilated seats which is a no-go in Florida
2) Pacific BMW offered to sell me a new car for $12k below MSRP with Eurodelivery and PCD. So 14k below for a used one is not a good deal although it is okay.

If it had ventilated seats I would probably buy it.

Hi can you tell me who give you this discount in pacific bmw? thanks very much

SANguru
01-03-2011, 03:28 PM
Yes there will be more. I saw this vehicle as well. I'd stay away from the light interior if you are keeping the car longer term as it will pick up colour from your jeans. I always wonder about these cars that come up for sales 6 months after they were sold. If you are lucky, it is a guy who got in over his head and had to get out. That isn't likely though because most people who can't afford to purchase the car outright will lease. So maybe it is a car that has had so many problems the owner wanted to get rid of it? Maybe it was in an accident that didn't make it into the Carfax registry? 'd be looking for those answers before moving ahead. Finally, I'd prefer to get a CPO used from a BMW dealer.

the color comes right off with leather cleaner...

Stealth.Pilot
01-03-2011, 03:45 PM
Hi can you tell me who give you this discount in pacific bmw? thanks very much

Yes - Greg Poland. He posted this deal on the forum. 550i $400 above ED invoice less $1500 manufacturer rebate = $1100 under ED invoice.

Greg's awesome btw. I would highly recommend dealing with him.

csuf007
01-03-2011, 04:56 PM
Yes - Greg Poland. He posted this deal on the forum. 550i $400 above ED invoice less $1500 manufacturer rebate = $1100 under ED invoice.

Greg's awesome btw. I would highly recommend dealing with him.

another question,for the ED,do i have to fly and pick up my car in Germany? thx

SARAFIL
01-03-2011, 05:35 PM

Yes, that is the point of ED. You can't get ED price unless you physically go to Germany to take possession of the car.

grover432
01-03-2011, 06:53 PM
the color comes right off with leather cleaner...

I've got 2 young kids and a busy work schedule. I'm sure the color comes off partly, but quite frankly a darker color requires less maintenance. I'd rather be driving in my sparde time than cleaning the leather. :)

beashonda
01-04-2011, 06:13 PM
I've got 2 young kids and a busy work schedule. I'm sure the color comes off partly, but quite frankly a darker color requires less maintenance. I'd rather be driving in my sparde time than cleaning the leather. :)

IF I had two young kids, I would NOT get the light interior. In addition to jeans, you have to worry about black leather or black dyed coats leaving dye transfer as well. It does come off, but who wants to clean there seats daily to keep it new looking? I had the cream interior on my 528xi and overall my seat looked good, but I gave up after awhile. Now with the beige on my 535 x-drive, I just haven't worn my black leather or wool coat yet. However, it will happen and I will clean the seats periodically.

Ågent99
01-04-2011, 06:44 PM

We have a full ED forum here...go check it out.

grover432
01-04-2011, 07:03 PM
IF I had two young kids, I would NOT get the light interior. In addition to jeans, you have to worry about black leather or black dyed coats leaving dye transfer as well. It does come off, but who wants to clean there seats daily to keep it new looking? I had the cream interior on my 528xi and overall my seat looked good, but I gave up after awhile. Now with the beige on my 535 x-drive, I just haven't worn my black leather or wool coat yet. However, it will happen and I will clean the seats periodically.

Obviously people buy light leather interiors or BMW wouldn't offer them, but if you park a one year old car beside one that has been cleaned weekly, I guarantee you the one year old car's interior will look dull or dirty in comparison. You can say that about the darker interiors, which is why I stick with them although they don't look as good in the showroom, they look better at the end of the year.

dalekressin
01-04-2011, 07:16 PM
Hey all:

I found a great deal on a new 550i. Although I am not in the market at this point, someone might want to snatch this up. It is technically used with 3,000 miles. Its close to $10000 under MSRP.

http://www.qualityimports.com/used/BMW/2011-BMW-550-67a4fa740a0a0064012cfd6267771d5f.htm
Buyer's market.