PDA

View Full Version : My new Carbon Black/Oyster/Black Nappa 550i msport pics

baben
12-31-2010, 12:29 PM
Hey all,

Order finally arrived a few days ago so I thought I'd share some pics. I know there have already been some Carbon Black pics but it's been a while since I've seen the Oyster interior (if at all). I love this car. I can tell the interior is going to need a lot of maintenance but I think it's worth it. And hey, they can have it back in 3 years. :P My impression of the interior color is that it seems light cream most of the time, but sometimes looks grayish too. Just in case anyone was looking at this color combo, here it is!

Ben

dunderhi
12-31-2010, 12:44 PM
Congrats. The color combo looks great. I was really tempted to go with Oyster Nappa, but I wasn't sure if AW & Oyster would look too light.

grwilson
12-31-2010, 12:48 PM
Very nice - I'm also planning on Carbon Black with Oyster for ED in the summer

elchevere
12-31-2010, 12:53 PM
Thank you so much...that is the same exact color combination I just ordered from JC....re: your Oyster/Black, did you order the Dakota or Napa leather....congrats and enjoy the car.

brott
12-31-2010, 12:55 PM
Saaaaaweet and congrats!!!:beerchug:

jimefam
12-31-2010, 12:56 PM
That is the exact specs on my car. It's beautiful and makes me even more anxious to get it back. Congratulations!

SANguru
12-31-2010, 01:00 PM
congrats! that's the same combo I ordered. Should be here next week.

baben
12-31-2010, 01:00 PM
Thank you so much...that is the same exact color combination I just ordered from JC....re: your Oyster/Black, did you order the Dakota or Napa leather....congrats and enjoy the car.

Elchevere, it's Nappa.

elchevere
12-31-2010, 01:03 PM
Excellent--thanks....that's what I ordered.....I was flipping back and forth between Jet Black (which I've always had) and Carbon Black and Oyster/Black Napa vs Black only Napa and chose your configuration...actually ran into that same configuration over Thanksgiving at a dealer on Long Island that convinced me Carbon Black/Oyster with M-sport was the way to go...enjoy--I get mine end of March.

Diver624
12-31-2010, 01:04 PM
Hey all,

Order finally arrived a few days ago so I thought I'd share some pics. I know there have already been some Carbon Black pics but it's been a while since I've seen the Oyster interior (if at all). I love this car. I can tell the interior is going to need a lot of maintenance but I think it's worth it. And hey, they can have it back in 3 years. :P My impression of the interior color is that it seems light cream most of the time, but sometimes looks grayish too. Just in case anyone was looking at this color combo, here it is!

Ben

Beautiful car, It looks like your car came with Dunlop tires. Which ones are they?

jjl
12-31-2010, 03:12 PM
Beautiful car, exact color combo i would get.

2008550I
12-31-2010, 10:28 PM
Congrats. The color combo looks great. I was really tempted to go with Oyster Nappa, but I wasn't sure if AW & Oyster would look too light.

I love the car. Wish I could get light color seats but I'm too anal about keeping it clean. :dunno:

Financeman
12-31-2010, 10:52 PM
spectacular color combo!!! Love that interior.

Ry"c
01-01-2011, 02:09 AM
Did you get anthracite headliner?

bmwarchitect
01-01-2011, 05:14 AM
Did you get anthracite headliner?

Anthracite headliner comes with M sport package. You can see it on one of the interior shots. Looks like it really sets off the oyster/black. Be nice to see some angled photos of this if the OP is up to it?

highyo
01-01-2011, 07:57 AM
Hey all,

Ben

Wonderful combo! Congrats

elchevere
01-01-2011, 10:19 AM
Anthracite headliner comes with M sport package. You can see it on one of the interior shots. Looks like it really sets off the oyster/black. Be nice to see some angled photos of this if the OP is up to it?

I am in full agreement with you. Having the anthracite headliner as part of the M-package is what sold me on the Oyster/Black interior....I saw other, non-M-sport cars with Oyster that did not have the headliner (could be ordered as an option, however) and the oyster colored ceiling a bit too much for me. I like the contrast....also, the fact the floormat area is black should make a difference in keeping the interior cleaner.

baben
01-01-2011, 03:54 PM
@diver624: The tires are Dunlop SP Sport Maxx GT

Also putting up some more angled interior shots. I'm not a professional photographer so the anthracite detail is washed out but at least you can see the color contrast. It pretty much matches with the darkness of the floor.

3 days in and there's already some blue hue from my jeans on the seat. Still worth it to me though.

bmwarchitect
01-01-2011, 04:20 PM
@diver624: The tires are Dunlop SP Sport Maxx GT

Also putting up some more angled interior shots. I'm not a professional photographer so the anthracite detail is washed out but at least you can see the color contrast. It pretty much matches with the darkness of the floor.

3 days in and there's already some blue hue from my jeans on the seat. Still worth it to me though.

Very elegant interior. Thanx for the photos.

Stanesq
01-01-2011, 04:28 PM
What wood, dark burl wood or anthracite wood?

baben
01-01-2011, 04:35 PM
I got the anthracite wood.

Stanesq
01-01-2011, 05:35 PM
I got the anthracite wood.

I you get a chance would love to see the interior wood with that combo!

I have Cinnamon Brown and the dealer needs to swap out the aluminum for wood. I am not sure how Cinnamon Brown would look with Anthracite wood.

Rafa
01-01-2011, 05:54 PM

Do you wipe the leather with leather wipes? I do that maybe once a week, and I have seen no signs of blue dye on the leather. Perhaps that will help you.

Do not let the blue build up!

SANguru
01-01-2011, 05:56 PM

comes right off with leather cleaner.

baben
01-02-2011, 07:12 AM
@Rafa & SANguru - What products do you use for the cleaning? I did some searching in the forum but couldn't find much recent information.

markl53
01-02-2011, 08:47 AM
I you get a chance would love to see the interior wood with that combo!

I have Cinnamon Brown and the dealer needs to swap out the aluminum for wood. I am not sure how Cinnamon Brown would look with Anthracite wood.

Stanesq, I have anthracite wood with my Cinnamon interior. I think it looks great. Anthracite is not gray as some people think, but a more neutral look still with hues of brown. For me, this provides a very smooth transition from the black dash to the brown trim. I had walnut burl in my previous 335i with Cinnamon (called Terra) and this looks nicer, IMO. I think both woods work, but I really like the anthracite with its more visible horizontal grain pattern. When the sun is shining on it it looks fantastic.

Stanesq
01-02-2011, 11:08 AM
Thanks for posting. My concern was if this would be too gray, but it appears it might not be too bad. I was torn between the brown wood and the anthracite. Sound like the anthracite's brownish/gray look might make for a good transition.

markl53
01-02-2011, 11:15 AM
Thanks for posting. My concern was if this would be too gray, but it appears it might not be too bad. I was torn between the brown wood and the anthracite. Sound like the anthracite's brownish/gray look might make for a good transition.

Yes, exactly. And it's a more interesting look, IMO. I sent you a PM, I can get additional, closer images if you like.

fkim011
01-02-2011, 03:05 PM
Mark, I love the interior of your car!

markl53
01-02-2011, 03:47 PM
Mark, I love the interior of your car!

Thanks! With your white exterior, I think your black looks great too. I'm sure you're enjoying your new car :)

pcbrew
01-02-2011, 03:56 PM

Stanesq - I would be interested to see pictures of your Cinnamon w/aluminum.
Is it the regular or hexagonal aluminum in M-Sport?

jzcrna
01-02-2011, 05:05 PM

IMO the brown looks great with the Cinnamon, BUT...The anthracite looks awesome and I think it is more neutral than the other colors, blends everything together very nicely. Had it in my E60.

I also believe that you can easily exchange some of the trim pieces as they sell them at places like Tischer BMW. People on the 5 series.net forums do a lot of mods like this.

markl53
01-02-2011, 07:23 PM
IMO the brown looks great with the Cinnamon, BUT...The anthracite looks awesome and I think it is more neutral than the other colors, blends everything together very nicely. Had it in my E60.

I also believe that you can easily exchange some of the trim pieces as they sell them at places like Tischer BMW. People on the 5 series.net forums do a lot of mods like this.

(I posted my pics of Cinnamon and Anthracite wood above for Stanesq who had inquired about the combination)

(Stanesq's car came in with the wrong trim - aluminum. He is planning to have his dealer swap it for wood and he is trying to make a final decision between dark wood and anthracite).

Stanesq
01-02-2011, 09:28 PM

It is the hexagonal. Let me see if I can get some on Monday.

jzcrna
01-03-2011, 03:17 AM
(I posted my pics of Cinnamon and Anthracite wood above for Stanesq who had inquired about the combination)

(Stanesq's car came in with the wrong trim - aluminum. He is planning to have his dealer swap it for wood and he is trying to make a final decision between dark wood and anthracite).

Sorry Mark, I did not see the pictures. I don't know how I missed them. Your car looks terrific!!!

Stanesq
01-03-2011, 09:29 AM

Here are some photos:

http://208.109.217.122/images/BMW/BMW 005.JPG
http://208.109.217.122/images/BMW/BMW 006.JPG
http://208.109.217.122/images/BMW/BMW 007.JPG
http://208.109.217.122/images/BMW/BMW 008.JPG
http://208.109.217.122/images/BMW/BMW 009.JPG
http://208.109.217.122/images/BMW/BMW 010.JPG

markl53
01-03-2011, 11:37 AM
They probably want a wider shot too, like most of the interior shot from the door over? I'm not much of an aluminum fan, probably looks best with black, IMO. It has a utilitarian/appliance look to me. You'll be much happier when they swap in the wood. Now, a carbon fiber option might look nice :) (And I mean real CF, not a wrap).

pcbrew
01-03-2011, 12:14 PM
Thanks. Yes, a wider shot of the whole dash, or as much as you can get would be nice.

Stanesq
01-03-2011, 12:34 PM
http://208.109.217.122/images/BMW/bmw2 001.JPG
http://208.109.217.122/images/BMW/bmw2 009.JPG
http://208.109.217.122/images/BMW/bmw2 010_edited-1.jpg

jzcrna
01-03-2011, 03:29 PM
http://208.109.217.122/images/BMW/bmw2 001.JPG
http://208.109.217.122/images/BMW/bmw2 009.JPG
http://208.109.217.122/images/BMW/bmw2 010_edited-1.jpg

That doesn't look all that bad. Im pleasantly surprised. To me it looks a bit different than the aluminum trim I have seen in the past. Is this the hexagon aluminum people are talking about?

I wouldn't be too disappointed if I couldn't swap it out, but I do think that the anthracite and dark wood look better.

Stanesq
01-03-2011, 04:14 PM
Correct, this is the hexagon trim. Evidently the hexagon comes standard with the MSport package. Unfortunately the factory has ignored the wood selections in some cases and just assumes that people want the hexagon aluminum.

pcbrew
01-03-2011, 05:33 PM
Thanks for posting. Agree anthracite wood is better with Cinnamon.

I prefer the hex alum so will have to decide between black (will be really dark inside with anthracite headliner, gray (not much contrast) or oyster/black(not the best with young-ish kids).

Stanesq
01-03-2011, 07:48 PM
Thanks for posting. Agree anthracite wood is better with Cinnamon.

I prefer the hex alum so will have to decide between black (will be really dark inside with anthracite headliner, gray (not much contrast) or oyster/black(not the best with young-ish kids).

I think Black (nappa) with the HEX would look best against the smooth leather. Black Dakota would look almost as nice. Gray would be bad and I think Oyster/black would not do much for it. The black with Anthracite headliner will be be nice and the lightness of the aluminum will really brighten it up.

TexasBMW
01-05-2011, 11:15 AM
Beautiful Ride! Enjoy it!:thumbup:

Stanesq
01-17-2011, 07:48 PM
Stanesq, I have anthracite wood with my Cinnamon interior. I think it looks great. Anthracite is not gray as some people think, but a more neutral look still with hues of brown. For me, this provides a very smooth transition from the black dash to the brown trim. I had walnut burl in my previous 335i with Cinnamon (called Terra) and this looks nicer, IMO. I think both woods work, but I really like the anthracite with its more visible horizontal grain pattern. When the sun is shining on it it looks fantastic.

Many thanks to Markl53 for sharing his photos and his opinions. Based on his photos and others thoughts I felt confident the Anthracite would look m,uch better than the hexagon aluminum with the cinnamon brown. Today my dealer, JMK, did the swap out of the hexagon aluminum for the Anthracite wood. I could not be happier. In my opinion the Anthracite is the only choice for cinnamon brown as it works much better than the aluminum or the light or dark brown wood. Thanks again, Mark, I appreciate your taking the time to share.

DarienJim
01-17-2011, 07:52 PM

I am going this way: CB with Carbon. Thanks for the post. I hope it is not too hot in the summer.