PDA

View Full Version : My Delaer Is GREAT!

eyesight1
12-31-2010, 01:15 PM
Today my wife and I went to our dealer to finalize the papers for our 535i X drive. We ordered it in October and arranged for a Performance Center Delivery on January 14. The negotiations and final numbers were agreed to and signed for in October. As many of you know the PCD process requires our trade to be done a week or 2 before PCD takes place and the paperwork has to clear before the authorization for the Performance Center to deliver the car is sent to South Carolina.

In any case, we went today to get all the final stuff done and the CA told us we were getting a $1,500 Holiday Rebate on top of what we felt was an excellent deal in October as the paper work finalized today. I must say that I never expected this as we negotiated and signed the order with deposit etc in October before the rebate was announced. Frankly, I have not paid attention to the ads for rebates etc as I thought the deal was done and they would not apply to us.

So, I am obviously very happy with Gault BMW of Endicott NY for being so honest and helpful. They are really demonstrating that they care about their customers.:D:D

MSS
12-31-2010, 03:58 PM
This is great. I am guessing that a deal is valid 60 days from expiry. If there is an ongoing deal at that time you can benefit from it. Enjoy the extra cash and your bimmer

pittner
12-31-2010, 04:10 PM
If you don't mind my asking, did you finance and at what rate? I ordered my 550i on Nov 6 with 3.9% for 60 months, which I was fine with. When I went in a few days ago to do all paperwork they told me they would only do the $1500 Holiday if I went with the current 4.9% rate. I have a Performance Center date of Jan 6.

Thanks in advance

ksoze
12-31-2010, 04:30 PM
The holiday credit should have nothing to do with the interest rate being offered. The credit was there to be used if you paid 0% or 20% interest. I would insist on the holiday credit and also negotiate for the best interest rate you can get - do not let them mix them.

pittner
12-31-2010, 04:35 PM
The holiday credit should have nothing to do with the interest rate being offered. The credit was there to be used if you paid 0% or 20% interest. I would insist on the holiday credit and also negotiate for the best interest rate you can get - do not let them mix them.

That's what I was afraid of. When they told me what they did on Wednesday I assumed it was part of the BMW finance details, not a conscious decision on their part. I already signed the paperwork but I am definitely going to get in touch with my CA.

SARAFIL
12-31-2010, 04:36 PM
If you don't mind my asking, did you finance and at what rate? I ordered my 550i on Nov 6 with 3.9% for 60 months, which I was fine with. When I went in a few days ago to do all paperwork they told me they would only do the $1500 Holiday if I went with the current 4.9% rate. I have a Performance Center date of Jan 6.

Thanks in advance

You can't mix programs. If you use the holiday credit from Nov/Dec, you also need to use the APR from Nov/Dec. Otherwise, you can get the prior rate but you will not get the holiday credit.

pittner
12-31-2010, 04:40 PM
You can't mix programs. If you use the holiday credit from Nov/Dec, you also need to use the APR from Nov/Dec. Otherwise, you can get the prior rate but you will not get the holiday credit.

Does that imply that the original post person possibly had changes to their original deal?

SARAFIL
12-31-2010, 04:40 PM
That's what I was afraid of. When they told me what they did on Wednesday I assumed it was part of the BMW finance details, not a conscious decision on their part. I already signed the paperwork but I am definitely going to get in touch with my CA.

there is nothing wrong, ksoze gave you misleading info (read below)

Not entirely true.

You can not mix and match BMW programs. You must use all programs from the same month-- credits and finance/lease programs. The holiday credit is part of BMW's overall programs for Nov/Dec. If you want to take advantage of it, you need to utilize the finance or lease programs that BMW has in place for Nov/Dec as well. If BMW changed the finance rate from 3.9% to 4.9% in Nov/Dec, then you need to use that rate if you want to get the holiday credit. Otherwise, you are free to use a prior month's rate that you have locked in but you can not combine that with the holiday credit.

Similarly, if BMW comes out with a lower APR in January but the holiday credit has been eliminated, you can not combine a "locked in" holiday credit with that lower rate for January.

dalekressin
12-31-2010, 04:41 PM
Great news congrats

SARAFIL
12-31-2010, 04:42 PM
Does that imply that the original post person possibly had changes to their original deal?

I don't know what the programs were in October compared to now for the term that the OP selected, but yes-- to get the holiday credit, he/she had to use this month's rates.

Needsdecaf
12-31-2010, 04:44 PM
You can not mix and match BMW programs. You must use all programs from the same month-- credits and finance/lease programs. The holiday credit is part of BMW's overall programs for Nov/Dec. If you want to take advantage of it, you need to utilize the finance or lease programs that BMW has in place for Nov/Dec as well. If BMW changed the finance rate from 3.9% to 4.9% in Nov/Dec, then you need to use that rate if you want to get the holiday credit. Otherwise, you are free to use a prior month's rate that you have locked in but you can not combine that with the holiday credit.

Similarly, if BMW comes out with a lower APR in January but the holiday credit has been eliminated, you can not combine a "locked in" holiday credit with that lower rate for January.

Exactly.

Put simply, if you look at the fine print for the offer, it clearly states that the holiday cash is dependent on financing through BMW Financial, and notes the current rates.

pittner
12-31-2010, 04:46 PM
I don't know what the programs were in October compared to now for the term that the OP selected, but yes-- to get the holiday credit, he/she had to use this month's rates.

I guess we'll have to hear from them but they seemed clear that everything from October was set in stone and the Holiday Credit was applied with no consideration for original deal:dunno:

Although it does make me feel better with your explanation, I shouldn't have rushed to conclusion after first reply to my post.:tsk:

eyesight1
12-31-2010, 05:37 PM

Thanks in advance

The original October deal was not modified at all. Original discount, our trade and final selling price remained intact. RE the APR - we were going to pay cash, but in October they offered us 0.9% financing for 36 months. This, in my mind is free money. So we gave them $2,000 down added our trade and financed the rest. The original discount was more than we expected.
So, original deal + 0.9% + $1,500 Holiday Discount = bottom line is that to my mind we got a sweet deal.

Now the final 2 week wait for Performance Center Delivery and we will be in Heaven!!:D

pittner
12-31-2010, 05:41 PM
but in October they offered us 0.9% financing. This, in my mind is free money. So we gave them $2,000 down added our trade and financed the rest. The original discount was more than we expected.

So, original deal + 0.9% + $1,500 Holiday Discount = bottom line is that to my mind we got a sweet deal.

Now the final 2 week wait for Performance Center Delivery and we will be in Heaven!!:D

Ok. I'm guessing that because they are still offering the same .9% then it doesn't matter that months have gone by.