PDA

View Full Version : floor mats

sajison
01-03-2011, 11:39 AM
how do you guys feel about them? i dont like the way they look but i am concerned about my mats since i live in an area that gets snow and slush. i talked to my dealership and he said that the mats are really easy to clean and that rubber floor mats are not necessary. would you guys agree with that? thanks for the info ;)

user1796
01-03-2011, 11:49 AM
I just ordered the winter mats, so I guess that puts me in favor of them. Even though most days I can go from garage (home) to garage (work), I still don't like the idea of tracking snow / ice onto the driver's mat and then trying to clean it, especially if you're picky as I am when it comes to defining what's "clean."

sajison
01-03-2011, 12:02 PM
I just ordered the winter mats, so I guess that puts me in favor of them. Even though most days I can go from garage (home) to garage (work), I still don't like the idea of tracking snow / ice onto the driver's mat and then trying to clean it, especially if you're picky as I am when it comes to defining what's "clean."

yea thats what i was thinking but my dealership agent threw me for a loop. how do they look? (the winter mats)

i really dont like the way mats look in general but protection is paramount. anyone with winter experience not usnig mats?

tdepetra
01-03-2011, 12:15 PM
how do you guys feel about them? i dont like the way they look but i am concerned about my mats since i live in an area that gets snow and slush. i talked to my dealership and he said that the mats are really easy to clean and that rubber floor mats are not necessary. would you guys agree with that? thanks for the info ;)

Where I live, rubber mats during winter are necessary if you want protection. BMW mats are made by McNeil-the best in the business. They fit well and look as good as you can get.

sajison
01-03-2011, 12:18 PM
Where I live, rubber mats during winter are necessary if you want protection. BMW mats are made by McNeil-the best in the business. They fit well and look as good as you can get.

do you leave them in year round?

beashonda
01-03-2011, 12:19 PM

^ what he said. I had them on my 2008 528xi and they kept the Cream interior from looking like %&&^%&%&. I got them again for my 2011 535xi in the black. I have the Venetian Beige interior. I live in NJ and they are a must. They fit PERFECTLY. I initially thought they didn't fit the passenger front, but the fit is so perfect I actually had to take my time to put it in correctly. Black looks nice with beige. The dealer was out of the beige mats, but the SA told me how light they were and that they would end up showing scuff marks.:thumbup:

P.S. I left them in year round. We got alot of rain in 2009. Dealership was amazed at how clean the carpet was when I returned the car off lease.

user1796
01-03-2011, 12:21 PM
yea thats what i was thinking but my dealership agent threw me for a loop. how do they look? (the winter mats)

i really dont like the way mats look in general but protection is paramount. anyone with winter experience not usnig mats?

I can't tell you how they look on the F10, because my car hasn't yet been delivered. In my E60 5er, the rubber mats are just that - basic rubber mats with channels. My driver's mat is a bit dirty because we've just had snow, but the others look fine and my original carpeted mats are still like new after two years because I only use them in the spring/summer/fall.

I guess it really depends upon the color of your interior. I'm an all-black interior guy so the black rubber mats probably are less intrusive than in a non-matching color, although see above as they seem to look fine even in contrasting interiors. Also, I'd agree with the fit comment as they do fit perfectly.

tdepetra
01-03-2011, 12:25 PM
do you leave them in year round?

No. I will put back the regular mats in April, which will look then like the day I took delivery. My mats are black with Oyster/black interior and look great.

Needsdecaf
01-03-2011, 12:52 PM

Wow, a dealer who walked away from an opportunity to sell you mats? Honest or stupid!

Honestly, these are a must to keep your carpets clean. Looks be damned.

highyo
01-03-2011, 01:05 PM
Wow, a dealer who walked away from an opportunity to sell you mats? Honest or stupid!

Honestly, these are a must to keep your carpets clean. Looks be damned.

bavarian autosports has mats ranging from 50 bux (yes for 4) to 160 bux. all colors, lots of fabrics. i think that the berber looks best.

Alecop77
01-03-2011, 01:09 PM
I've got winters in - dealer tossed them in whne I purchased. In Boston and up to Vermont a bunch...so winters are more for function then form IMHO .

sajison
01-03-2011, 03:53 PM
thanks guys, i'm gonna get them. u guys are always very helpful

BimmerUKF10
01-03-2011, 04:02 PM
I have the rubber mats also. They have a 'lip' around the edge so defrosting snow stays on the mat. Absolutely worth having.

jzcrna
01-03-2011, 04:16 PM
I live in Florida and have rubber mats for the first time with my VW. They really save you from messing up the cloth mats, plus I don't think they look bad at all. My cloth mats really took a beating on my previous cars even with meticulous care so from now on I will have all weather mats in addition.

dimok
01-03-2011, 06:14 PM
I have the rubber mats also. They have a 'lip' around the edge so defrosting snow stays on the mat. Absolutely worth having.

Do you have the BMW rubber mats or some other brand? I see they are offered on bmwusa.com...
Thanks

jzcrna
01-03-2011, 06:25 PM
Do you have the BMW rubber mats or some other brand? I see they are offered on bmwusa.com...
Thanks

http://www.getbmwparts.com

great prices at Tischer BMW (Parts that is)

Rafa
01-03-2011, 06:28 PM
Thanks

I would go with BMW mats, just to keep the BMW theme all around. BMW mats are likely more expensive than most other mats, however. If you want to save a few bucks, there are other high quality mats available.

bmwarchitect
01-03-2011, 06:32 PM
Yes, Rubber mats for snow and slush, particularly if roads are salted (or sanded). Salt and sand collect in regular mats.

Needsdecaf
01-03-2011, 06:34 PM
http://www.getbmwparts.com

great prices at Tischer BMW (Parts that is)

God knows it's not on cars....

Rafa
01-03-2011, 07:37 PM

LOL!
That's the best observation I've read in a while.:thumbup:

pharding
01-03-2011, 07:58 PM
BMW rubber mats for the F10 are uber awesome. They look very cool and they contain the winter slushh and water.

Rafa
01-03-2011, 08:02 PM
BMW rubber mats for the F10 are uber awesome. They look very cool and they contain the winter slushh and water.

Do you have the parts number? I think that the store at my dealer might try to sell me rubber mats they have in stock, and not F10 specific mats.

jzcrna
01-03-2011, 09:48 PM

hence, my comment :D

GHOST PROTOCOL
01-03-2011, 10:47 PM
^ what he said. I had them on my 2008 528xi and they kept the Cream interior from looking like %&&^%&%&. I got them again for my 2011 535xi in the black. I have the Venetian Beige interior. I live in NJ and they are a must. They fit PERFECTLY. I initially thought they didn't fit the passenger front, but the fit is so perfect I actually had to take my time to put it in correctly. Black looks nice with beige. The dealer was out of the beige mats, but the SA told me how light they were and that they would end up showing scuff marks.:thumbup:

P.S. I left them in year round. We got alot of rain in 2009. Dealership was amazed at how clean the carpet was when I returned the car off lease.

+1 My F10 is also in NJ and has the beige interior. I bought the black all weather mats (also purchased the trunk liner) and they look great. The black provides some nice contrast to the beige, which I feel goes great with my vehicle's alpine white skin. Unlike the cinnamon brown & oyster interiors, however, the beige interior is all beige and is not "blacked out" along the bottom of the vehicle and the floor. The all weather mats keep the vehicle cleaner and provide a similar style to the interior as with the cinnamon brown & oyster.

Rafa
01-03-2011, 11:39 PM
+1 My F10 is also in NJ and has the beige interior. I bought the black all weather mats (also purchased the trunk liner) and they look great. The black provides some nice contrast to the beige, which I feel goes great with my vehicle's alpine white skin. Unlike the cinnamon brown & oyster interiors, however, the beige interior is all beige and is not "blacked out" along the bottom of the vehicle and the floor. The all weather mats keep the vehicle cleaner and provide a similar style to the interior as with the cinnamon brown & oyster.

I bet the beige with black floor mats looks really, really nice.

BimmerUKF10
01-04-2011, 01:14 AM
Thanks

The mats I have are BMW from the dealer.

pharding
01-04-2011, 06:30 AM
Do you have the parts number? I think that the store at my dealer might try to sell me rubber mats they have in stock, and not F10 specific mats.Part numbers are here:
http://accessories.bmwusa.com/ItemView.aspx?modelId=614&categoryId=41&productCategoryId=&menuId=2&subItemId=1&utm_source=bmwusa.com&utm_medium=Referral&utm_campaign=FMA+list-+Floor+Mats&productId=2834

highyo
01-04-2011, 06:44 AM
Part numbers are here:
http://accessories.bmwusa.com/ItemView.aspx?modelId=614&categoryId=41&productCategoryId=&menuId=2&subItemId=1&utm_source=bmwusa.com&utm_medium=Referral&utm_campaign=FMA+list-+Floor+Mats&productId=2834

suggestion: go to bmw parts for less and by the OEM mats, but also keep rubbers on hand for weeks like this in the northeast

GHOST PROTOCOL
01-04-2011, 10:24 AM
Part numbers are here:

After reviewing your post, I became alarmed because the picture of the mat does not match the mat in my vehicle. I pulled out my receipt and the part numbers and prices matchup, however, my front mat on the driver's side does not fit in the space in the manner depicted in the picture. Interestingly, I never thought the mat fit the way it should. Any suggestions on how to handle this?

Edit: I still think the mats look great in the vehicle, notwithstanding my thought that the front driver's side mat could have fit a little better. I am going over to the parts department at my dealer to check out another set of mats to make sure that I have the correct mats.

jsf1993
01-04-2011, 11:16 AM
bmw rubber mats for the f10 are uber awesome. They look very cool and they contain the winter slushh and water.

+1

GHOST PROTOCOL
01-04-2011, 02:30 PM
WE HAVE ANOTHER MYSTERY IN ADDITION TO THE DOT MYSTERY. I have the black rubber all weather mats for my 2011 F10. Pharding posted a link to the BMW site, which had a picture of the front driver's side mat, together with the part numbers and the prices for all of the mats. The driver's side mat in the picture looks like it fits into the vehicle in a much superior way than the mat that I purchased. According to my receipt, however, I purchased the same mat with the same part number for the same price, but it clearly is not the same mat as in the picture. I went to the BMW dealer and and the retail parts department representative pulled two more sets of mats out (one beige, the other black) and they were the same as what I had purchased. I then had the representative go to the BMW site and he agreed that the picture depicted a different mat than what they are selling at the dealership. The only explanation that he could give was that the picture was a stock/generic picture. I am happy with the mats that I purchased, they look great, but the driver's side front mat nonetheless does not fit like a glove like the mat depicted in the picture. The mat also has a rubber lip that covers the bottom of the throttle. To those who have purchased the all weather mats, does your driver's side mat look like the one in the picture? After I have taken a picture of my driver's side mat, I will post it on this thread.

anskyjd
01-05-2011, 08:27 AM
i have an E60 and had the rubber BMW mats, but did not like the intrusion of a part of the mat onto the throttle. I just ordered and received the Weatherteck mats and they fit wonderfully with no throttle intrusion at all. Wonder if they would be the same in the F10. Very happy with look and fit.

dimok
01-05-2011, 08:33 AM
i have an E60 and had the rubber BMW mats, but did not like the intrusion of a part of the mat onto the throttle. I just ordered and received the Weatherteck mats and they fit wonderfully with no throttle intrusion at all. Wonder if they would be the same in the F10. Very happy with look and fit.

I checked their website. They don't have mats for F10 yet...

anskyjd
01-05-2011, 08:35 AM
Yeah, just checked myself-too bad as they are quite nice for the E60

Rafa
01-05-2011, 11:02 AM
Part numbers are here:

Thank you, pharding.

jsf1993
01-05-2011, 01:04 PM
WE HAVE ANOTHER MYSTERY IN ADDITION TO THE DOT MYSTERY. I have the black rubber all weather mats for my 2011 F10. Pharding posted a link to the BMW site, which had a picture of the front driver's side mat, together with the part numbers and the prices for all of the mats. The driver's side mat in the picture looks like it fits into the vehicle in a much superior way than the mat that I purchased. According to my receipt, however, I purchased the same mat with the same part number for the same price, but it clearly is not the same mat as in the picture. I went to the BMW dealer and and the retail parts department representative pulled two more sets of mats out (one beige, the other black) and they were the same as what I had purchased. I then had the representative go to the BMW site and he agreed that the picture depicted a different mat than what they are selling at the dealership. The only explanation that he could give was that the picture was a stock/generic picture. I am happy with the mats that I purchased, they look great, but the driver's side front mat nonetheless does not fit like a glove like the mat depicted in the picture. The mat also has a rubber lip that covers the bottom of the throttle. To those who have purchased the all weather mats, does your driver's side mat look like the one in the picture? After I have taken a picture of my driver's side mat, I will post it on this thread.

Mine are identical to the picture shown in the link provided by Pharding. Very happy with them.

tdepetra
01-05-2011, 01:28 PM
Mine are identical to the picture shown in the link provided by Pharding. Very happy with them.

Ditto for me. Also very happy with them.

GHOST PROTOCOL
01-05-2011, 03:29 PM
Ditto for me. Also very happy with them.

Did you buy them online or at your dealer?

tdepetra
01-05-2011, 03:55 PM
Did you buy them online or at your dealer?

Went to the dealer and looked at them. They installed while I paid.

beashonda
01-05-2011, 04:49 PM
I got the ones for the F10 from Open Road BMW. they look just like the picture.

ihumphrey
01-05-2011, 07:05 PM
bavarian autosports has mats ranging from 50 bux (yes for 4) to 160 bux. all colors, lots of fabrics. i think that the berber looks best.

+1, lots of selection here, I have used an all weather mat from bavauto in both my E90 and now the F10, the look nice, are custom fit and you get all 4 for the price of 2 OEM mats.

GHOST PROTOCOL
01-05-2011, 07:27 PM
This is a picture of the driver's side all weather mat that I purchased from JMK BMW. As you can see, it looks great against the beige interior, but it does not fit into the vehicle in the same way depicted in the picture on BMW's web site. Nevertheless, the invoice for this mat contains the same part number as on BMW's web site. Edit: I have added the picture from the BMW site, as well as another picture from my vehicle, for comparison.

kaysid
01-05-2011, 08:36 PM
Crmesq I have the same mat as you although in beige. I purchased mine from Paul Miller. I thought it was great until I saw the fit on the official picture...so the mystery deepens.

GHOST PROTOCOL
01-06-2011, 11:30 AM
Crmesq I have the same mat as you although in beige. I purchased mine from Paul Miller. I thought it was great until I saw the fit on the official picture...so the mystery deepens.

Yes, it does. As I posted above, the parts department at JMK is speculating that the picture is a stock or generic picture, rather than an actual picture of the F10. Clearly the mat in the generic picture fits into the vehicle better than what we were sold. When I pulled my driver's side mat out to clean it up before taking a picture, I discovered that dirt is getting underneath the mat and onto the beige rug because it does not fit into the space like the mat in the generic picture.