PDA

View Full Version : Track your BMW order

MSS
01-03-2011, 04:34 PM
When I put my production number in mybmw on their site it shows as a white alpine though I ordered a space grey last tue. My PA sent me the screen shot of the order and it was correct. Any thoughts on this and is there another website to track my order. When do you get your vin

jmr99vet
01-03-2011, 04:48 PM
When I put my production number in mybmw on their site it shows as a white alpine though I ordered a space grey last tue. My PA sent me the screen shot of the order and it was correct. Any thoughts on this and is there another website to track my order. When do you get your vin
I tracked mine last August. It was never correct. Options missing. I called my CA. He assured me it was order correctly. It was delivered correctly.

SANguru
01-03-2011, 04:51 PM
same here.. bmwusa pretty off on my order.

JoeRoadster
01-03-2011, 05:33 PM
My salesman warned me that the BMW website will most likely have the wrong options listed, up until the build is complete. He told me not to worry about it, as it will be built to the correct specs. Apparently this is what happens when the dealer reconfigures a car already allocated to them in the build queue. I pulled-up my tracking info and mine too is white with the wrong options.

MSS
01-03-2011, 07:40 PM
Thank you guys

mark2895
01-04-2011, 01:07 PM
Yeah, don't worry about it. My current order is missing a few things too but my dealer says they never ever have that build accurate. You will get what you ordered. Sucks that site does not report the actual car's build. - M

phoenix73
01-04-2011, 01:50 PM
Not only does the build not look like the actual order, but the timing is way off.

I was told by my CA that this was because of terrorism. They don't want people to know exactly where the car is and where it will go to port. :rolleyes:

Sounds fishy to me, but who knows:dunno:

BTW.... mine landed on the 2nd but still has not cleared customs.

DXK
01-04-2011, 02:02 PM
Not only does the build not look like the actual order, but the timing is way off.

I was told by my CA that this was because of terrorism. They don't want people to know exactly where the car is and where it will go to port. :rolleyes:

Sounds fishy to me, but who knows:dunno:

BTW.... mine landed on the 2nd but still has not cleared customs.

Who is the dealer? :rofl:
Mine is on the same boat and it says:
LINER RELEASE NEW YORK, NY 04-01-2011 10:12:55
CUSTOMS RELEASE NEW YORK, NY 04-01-2011 00:00:00
DELIVERED FROM NEW YORK, NY 03-01-2011 08:00:00 1
DISCHARGED NEW YORK, NY 02-01-2011 08:00:00

highyo
01-04-2011, 07:59 PM
Who is the dealer? :rofl:
Mine is on the same boat and it says:
LINER RELEASE NEW YORK, NY 04-01-2011 10:12:55
CUSTOMS RELEASE NEW YORK, NY 04-01-2011 00:00:00
DELIVERED FROM NEW YORK, NY 03-01-2011 08:00:00 1
DISCHARGED NEW YORK, NY 02-01-2011 08:00:00

my advice in tracking your order is this: find out what ship its on and go track that. it's MUCH more satisfying!

JoeRoadster
01-04-2011, 10:06 PM
Weird...

I just checked "Track my BMW" again, and the options have been updated.
It looks much more like my spec now. Right color combo, and all options with the exception of the premium package 2 being missing.
Hmm, that's concerning.

SANguru
01-04-2011, 11:23 PM
Weird...

I just checked "Track my BMW" again, and the options have been updated.
It looks much more like my spec now. Right color combo, and all options with the exception of the premium package 2 being missing.
Hmm, that's concerning.

again it's not a big deal.. as long as it is in the dealer system correctly, you're fine.

GHOST PROTOCOL
01-05-2011, 04:57 AM
Do not rely upon the BMW USA tracking site to determine if your order is correct because BMW has admitted that the site is not accurate. The best way to determine if your order is correct is to have your CA email you a PDF file containing a snap shot of your actual order which is on their computer system. Although not 100 percent perfect, the tracking system itself, coupled with the use of the marine tracking system once your vehicle has left the port, does provide some fun, excitement, and anticipation as you await the delivery of your new F10.

Marco545
01-16-2011, 10:45 AM
I have a production number and signed into MyBMW but can't seem to find a way to "track my BMW". Can someone give me some specifics on how to do this?

1HOT BMR
01-16-2011, 11:37 AM
I have a production number and signed into MyBMW but can't seem to find a way to "track my BMW". Can someone give me some specifics on how to do this?

One of many on the subject:

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=828

Do a search :thumbup: you will find others.

elchevere
01-16-2011, 01:47 PM
not to worry---mine is missing the IAS and I confirmed with my SA that my car, already built, is coming with it.

Jovan1210
01-28-2011, 12:01 PM
Ordered on 12/10/10. Went into production on 1/17/11 (1/14 as per CA). Finished production on 1/24. At port 1/25, awaiting vessel.

CA said car is going to Brunswick, GA VPC (I am in FL) and delivered by 2nd week in feb, but does not know the ship name yet...

On 1/25, the Torino (WW) departed to US.
On 1/26 both Florida Hwy (KL) AND Atlas Hwy (KL) departed to US.
On 1/28, Independence-II (WW) departed to US.

I AM STILL AT THE PORT!!! :bawling:

All is not lost, though... Bosporus Hwy leaving 2/4 arriving @ Brunswick, GA 2/16. All other scheduled ships put the car in GA on or after the 21st...

pkfinman
01-28-2011, 12:36 PM
Dont worry, mine was the wrong color and specs and said it was still at the Port 3 days after it was in my garage....

MSS
01-28-2011, 06:28 PM
My production is complete and now the specs on website are correct

MNBimmer'11
01-28-2011, 10:14 PM
My production completed, only missing premium 2 on specs. I am wondering what ship I will be on.

Jack the cat
01-29-2011, 10:52 AM
Having received my car in August, I tried many of the online tracking tools, including the BMW "track your car" feature. The best I found was my sales rep. at the dealer. They have online access to each step in the production and delivery of the car. I simply called my sales rep or sent him an email. He would email me a screen shot of where the car was and the updated expected delivery date. For example when the online tools were showing my car still on the boat, it was actually at the port of entry. The sales rep. was able to keep me informed.

This was all important to me since I purchased my car out of state and it required a short trip to pick it up.

So, the sales rep. can tell you everything.

Jovan1210
02-03-2011, 02:36 PM
OK, NOW I'M PISSED!!!:mad:

Car at the port for almost 2 weeks!:(

Bosporus highway is the ONLY ship I've been tracking that keeps falling behind schedule!!!! It was expected to depart B-Haven on 2/3 with an arrival @ brunswick on 2/14. Then it was 2/5 -2/16 now, it is 2/5-2/18 with an EXTRA stop @ Baltimore that was not on the previous schedules!!! Even worse, the Fedora (WW) will be there BEFORE it does and if the car gets loaded onto it, it stops at Brunswick on the 21ST!!!:bawling:

I know, I know. It's obsessive but I was expecting that car on the 14th or the 21st @ the latest (per CA)... Plus I had to vent...

Jovan1210
02-09-2011, 05:30 PM
This keeps getting better:

My CA called me on Monday: Car on ship, ETA @ Brunswick 2/14, @ dealer no later than 2/21. I asked for the name of the ship, but he gave me some BS about new system, no info, blah blah blah... I checked with BMWNA by phone and it updated Mon. evening and so did OC website. BTW, they have been pretty accurate so far (1-2 days behind or so).

With the help of the forum, I figured that the CA was not very saavy so I waited until today, (his day off) and asked to speak with either the SM or a computer-versed CA. Surprise!!! He gave me all the info and then some!!!

Finally, on the Bosporus Hwy. Now, the boat is delayed a full week!!! It was originally scheduled to depart B-haven on 2/3, took off 2/6 and from england on 2/9, plus the extra stop at Baltimore, it went from 2/14 to 2/21 at Brunswick!! :bawling:

Thanks to all for lending me your knowledge and support.

eyesight1
02-09-2011, 06:50 PM
The BMW site is woefully wrong. I was really worried the dynamic handling package was left off as it did not appear on the tracking site. Upon delivery all was perfect. CA was the best source of info. This seems to be a recurring theme here.

Dalice
02-10-2011, 02:31 PM
The Torino just got into NY/NJ port today. Now another agonizing wait begins. Anyone else on the Torino? Hope to see my car within a week but that may be optimistic.

Jovan1210
02-18-2011, 10:38 AM
Latest update:

Bosporus Highway (B.S. HWY) is now further delayed, arriving at Brunswick on the 23rd!!! This is per the CA, who gets daily updates from BMW... This ship is hopeless!!!!:tsk:

reveur
02-18-2011, 02:32 PM
I had ordered a 3 series in 2008. BMW website tracking says it is still waiting at port. :dunno: The latest car I had ordered in summer 2010 had all options and colors correct and was extremely accurate. Perhaps I will get lucky someday and they will delivery that 3 series.....again.

pschenck2
02-19-2011, 05:21 PM
We have a car on that ship also that is due to be delivered to north Florida.

The delay is anxious about the delivery. We have a 60 day lock on the holiday cash and MF that expires on 3 Mar. But the dealer has guaranteed to make up the difference if we loose the lock.

Jovan1210
02-19-2011, 09:19 PM
I'm on the same "boat"--pun intended!!!

I spoke with the dealer yesterday and they will "do whatever it takes" in their own words. I called BMW-FS and they suggested signing the paperwork "early".

This dam' boat keeps getting delayed!!!

In the meantime, the Oberon and the Patriot have pulled into Baltimore on time and the Fedora is already at the NY harbor, all on time!!!:bs:

Quacker
02-19-2011, 09:34 PM
We have a car on that ship also that is due to be delivered to north Florida.

The delay is anxious about the delivery. We have a 60 day lock on the holiday cash and MF that expires on 3 Mar. But the dealer has guaranteed to make up the difference if we loose the lock.

Pardon me for butting in, but I'm getting paranoid. Can you tell me more about "loosing the lock?" I bought on Dec 22, 2010 and the boat isn't due through the Panama Canal until Feb 28 - let alone landfall in CA and transport to Colorado. It will be way into March before I see it. My dealer never mentioned loosing the low financing rate ( at 0.9% it's pretty much free money) if delivery took too long. Is there something I should know?

tlm999
02-20-2011, 06:32 AM
Pardon me for butting in, but I'm getting paranoid. Can you tell me more about "loosing the lock?" I bought on Dec 22, 2010 and the boat isn't due through the Panama Canal until Feb 28 - let alone landfall in CA and transport to Colorado. It will be way into March before I see it. My dealer never mentioned loosing the low financing rate ( at 0.9% it's pretty much free money) if delivery took too long. Is there something I should know?

Rather than getting paranoid, call your dealer. My deal was a 60 day lock and the dealer had me wait until we were sure delivery would be within that 60 day window before filling out the application. BMW has one deal but individual dealers can make their own deals also. Only your dealer knows for sure what agreement they have with you.

ksoze
02-20-2011, 07:21 AM

Believe west coast deliveries get a 90 day lock.

HoustonBrad
02-21-2011, 10:26 AM
Anybody else getting REALLY tired of this ship continually falling behind schedule? My car should already be here in Texas today.

Jovan1210
02-21-2011, 08:49 PM
Hell yeah!!! This has been the ONLY boat I have seen delayed this long EVER!! I was supposed to have the car NO LATER than today--In FL. The boat JUST GOT to Baltimore today... Brunswick the 23rd, out of the VPC 25 or 26. At the dealer 27 or 28.:tsk:

I JUST so happens I have a trip planned--leaving the 27th-3/6!!! I will be taking delivery on 3/7--almost 90 days after order was placed!! BTW car was built by 1/24, but BMW schedules the cars on boats in advance and as the boat gets delayed, so does your delivery...:mad:

Well, I ordered the rear spoiler in dark graphite metallic and the mud flaps so at least it will be worked on while it now waits for ME...;)

HoustonBrad
02-22-2011, 01:24 PM
I can't believe this, the ship is still sitting at baltimore port. I ordered december 23rd, I'm hitting my wits end.

Sent from my DROIDX using Bimmer App

Jovan1210
02-22-2011, 01:45 PM
Well, it just left Baltimore on the last leg, at least for my car on this dam' boat--but I have a feeling that there is ONE MORE delay--I do not believe it will be at Brunswick on the 23rd as scheduled, but on the 24th... :tsk:

HoustonBrad
02-22-2011, 02:24 PM
I'll believe it's there once it gets there, I'm not relying on estimations anymore. All I know is they better put our cars on priority in front of others coming in to move through customs and VPC right away.

Jovan1210
02-22-2011, 05:26 PM
I'm in no hurry now, but the idea was to take delivery on or before the 25th (and it was originally scheduled for delivery by the 21st) so that I could break it in during the first part of our trip to SoBe Food & Wine festival 2011. That sunday, we head out west and won't be back until 3/6 so now the car is waiting for me to get back.

PS: I called it! Now at Brunswick 2/24!!:thumbdwn:

HoustonBrad
02-27-2011, 12:34 PM
At the prep center finally, almost here

Sent from my DROIDX using Bimmer App

maxM6
02-28-2011, 11:30 AM
Here is a link to one of many ways to track the status of build progress, shipping vessel, car specs, and in transit schedule. Enjoy.

http://www.bmwblog.com/2009/07/14/ho...d-to-delivery/

DCC
03-15-2011, 05:35 AM
I can see the steps of the production on MyBMW.com
But where do I see the specs/options list for that build?
Thanks

ksoze
03-15-2011, 05:37 AM
I can see the steps of the production on MyBMW.com
But where do I see the specs/options list for that build?
Thanks

Your dealer has it - ask for a copy of the current Vehicle Inquiry Report. The web site is not reliable and will not show all of your options.