PDA

View Full Version : Just found additional ambient lighting

markl53
01-04-2011, 12:35 PM
OK, so I've had my 535i for about 3.5 months now, still loving it. The other night I just noticed additional ambient lighting that I never saw before. I have Cinnamon/Black interior, so the lower parts of my door panels are black. Of course I knew about the light strips under the upper door trim panel and inside the door handles themselves. I had a white envelope in my map pocket to be mailed. As I was driving, I noticed an orange glow on the envelope. Reached down and found out there's an additional strip of lighting just under the upper opening of the map pockets. People with beige or gray interiors probably notice this lower lighting more easily, not being black. Anyway, I'm still amazed at the detail level of our cars. Just thought I'd share :D

Slaymaster
01-04-2011, 03:48 PM
OK, so I've had my 535i for about 3.5 months now, still loving it. The other night I just noticed additional ambient lighting that I never saw before. I have Cinnamon/Black interior, so the lower parts of my door panels are black. Of course I knew about the light strips under the upper door trim panel and inside the door handles themselves. I had a white envelope in my map pocket to be mailed. As I was driving, I noticed an orange glow on the envelope. Reached down and found out there's an additional strip of lighting just under the upper opening of the map pockets. People with beige or gray interiors probably notice this lower lighting more easily, not being black. Anyway, I'm still amazed at the detail level of our cars. Just thought I'd share :D

Isn't it great when you discover something new about your ride? I noticed a little sooner being I keep a small laminated map of NYC in the pocket at all times. Pretty cool and the only way you'll notice it is when you place something in the pocket when the ambient lights are on. :thumbup:

markl53
01-04-2011, 05:04 PM
Isn't it great when you discover someting new about your ride?

Yeah, and I'm one who even RTFM's, LOL. So, my discovery rate tends to be lower than some other forum members :).

fkim011
01-04-2011, 07:24 PM
I saw that light the other day also, such a neat little thing to find...