PDA

View Full Version : M Sport Wheel won't fit?

xDrive Canuck
01-04-2011, 02:02 PM
I was at the dealership yesterday inquiring about possibly putting an M Sport Wheel on my 535i xDrive and he told me it was not possible with the F10's to put on the M Wheel. (Should have just got the M Sport Package, but that is my own fault) Although there were part numbers AND I could have bought my exact car and added just the M Sport Package thus giving me the wheel from the factory. Is there any reason why this wouldn't work if you had the right wheel/airbag for the options ordered with your car. They were pretty sure the airbag connectors wouldn't fit and couldn't guarantee the wheel itself would match the steering column and didn't recommended trying to do it. Maybe something that is just not possible with the F10 but seems wrong. Has anyone done this with the 2011 5 Series or know if it is possible?

DXK
01-04-2011, 02:09 PM
What a BS. Both style 350 and 351 M will fit.
Give them the linkhttp://www.realoem.com/bmw/partgrp.do?model=FU73&mospid=52550&hg=36

xDrive Canuck
01-04-2011, 02:26 PM
Ahhhhhh, sorry, I meant sterring wheel! My bad... :)

DXK
01-04-2011, 02:30 PM
don't know anything about those, but you can work back from that link to see if it matches your car, or get a part from the M wheel and do a search

markl53
01-04-2011, 02:34 PM
Ahhhhhh, sorry, I meant sterring wheel! My bad... :)

Well, there is no airbag or steering column associated with a road wheel, so it was kind of evident, IMO.

DXK
01-04-2011, 02:37 PM
Well, there is no airbag or steering column associated with a road wheel, so it was kind of evident, IMO.
sorry, haven't read that far, but will next time

xDrive Canuck
01-04-2011, 02:43 PM
WHAT???!!? BMW doesn't have tire/wheel airbags? ... And they call themselves safe :)

Also, the part numbers are in there and match up to my car. But the parts guy was telling me that those parts were only good if you already had the M Sport Package.

DXK
01-04-2011, 02:55 PM
Well. I am not sure what it is that prevents swapping the wheels. The M pack does not add or change any functionality that is controled by the wheel unless it moves various spoilers that are part of the package

xDrive Canuck
01-04-2011, 03:13 PM
Well. I am not sure what it is that prevents swapping the wheels. The M pack does not add or change any functionality that is controled by the wheel unless it moves various spoilers that are part of the package

But wouldn't that be more a computer/electronic thing that would be determined based on speed? If in fact the spoilers adjusted electronically.

DXK
01-04-2011, 03:26 PM
sorry, it was meant as a joke. I was referring to the button on the steering wheel. I don't think their functionality is different, only location