PDA

View Full Version : What is in your rear tool kit in the trunk?

fkim011
01-04-2011, 06:13 PM
I just read in my owners manual there should be triangles in there to set up in case of an emergency. I went to open my tool kit in the trunk and no triangles. All I see is a screwdriver and front end tow hook.

Am I missing this or is that a European thing only?

fkim011
01-04-2011, 06:24 PM
Just was told that the triangles and first aid kit is only standard in Euro cars. Go figure ...

jwrtiger
01-04-2011, 07:15 PM
I bought the first aid kit from BMW and it is design to fit in the provided tool kit trunk space. I also ordered the triangle from BMW and the one I got is much too large to fit in the provided tool kit trunk space… rats!

ashushan
01-04-2011, 09:17 PM
I have a screwdriver and the tow hook in mine. Those are on the right hand side. The rest is empty space. When I picked up the car, my SA gave me the special wrench for the wheel bolts...that actually fits on the left side of the kit in a specific slot (you can see it drawn in on the manual). This seems to be a better place than the glove box - where my SA initially put it, and it rolled around making noise as I took hard corners for the first week.

bobr2001
01-04-2011, 09:44 PM
U get the 1st 8 kit and WT @ ED only. Then it's best to hand carry these items back to US since VPC may remove them.

B R A N D X®
01-05-2011, 11:42 AM
I got the tow hook....other than that.....nada.....!!!:roundel:

salamigs
01-05-2011, 12:15 PM
Yup, the tow hook and the screwdriver are the only things I have in there on the US spec one. The Euro spec one I had was full.

On another thread, I read last night that one of the smaller spots on the left hand side is suitable (if not intended) for the special BMW wheel lock adapter. I tried it last night, and it fit! Since most dealers ship their cars with it, there you go, one more item to be put in there for you.

Getting the First Aid kit along with the triangle is not hard if you want to spend the money on them...

brott
01-05-2011, 05:51 PM
Tow hook only here and I called my CA to confirm.

Sooooooo.....I went out on eBay and purchased:

First Aid Kit (received today)
OEM Screwdriver (expected delivery this week)
OEM Triangle (expected next week)

All told spent <$50.00.

jwrtiger
01-06-2011, 10:26 AM
Tow hook only here and I called my CA to confirm.

Sooooooo.....I went out on eBay and purchased:

First Aid Kit (received today)
OEM Screwdriver (expected delivery this week)
OEM Triangle (expected next week)

All told spent <$50.00.

There are two triangles on the BMW accessory site and I bought the lower priced (not LED) one. When it arrived it was very nice but much too large to fit in the tool compartment. Broot if your OEM triangle fits could you please give additional details on the item so I might try and get it off ebay?

fkim011
01-06-2011, 11:32 AM
What is this wheellock you guys are talking about? I just checked my rims and there are no wheel locks on them. Are they suppose to come with wheel locks?

jwrtiger
01-06-2011, 01:04 PM
What is this wheellock you guys are talking about? I just checked my rims and there are no wheel locks on them. Are they suppose to come with wheel locks?

Mine came with the wheellocks and the key was in the trunk tool compartment. I don***8217;t see any charge for it so either it is included in a package, standard, or installed by my dealership.

salamigs
01-06-2011, 02:23 PM
brott, do you have part numbers for the items you ended up purchasing?

brott
01-07-2011, 10:27 AM
brott, do you have part numbers for the items you ended up purchasing?

My bad.....the triangle I originally ordered off of eBay is NOT the correct EURO one. Looked everywhere and finally finally found one for $50.00 + $11.00 shipping (must ship from Canada due to not US DOT compliant) at http://www.bimmian.com/10/STR/ which looks like it it should be the right one and should fit (once I receive I will update).

Sooooooo final price will be $93.00:

OEM First Aid Kit ($23.00 including shipping)

OEM Screwdriver ($9.00 including shipping)

OEM Triangle ($61.00 including shipping)

Considering the cost of the car is a small price to pay IMO.

salamigs
01-08-2011, 12:45 AM
how did you find the first aid kit? I cannot find it :(

BimmerUKF10
01-08-2011, 02:11 AM
I just read in my owners manual there should be triangles in there to set up in case of an emergency. I went to open my tool kit in the trunk and no triangles. All I see is a screwdriver and front end tow hook.

Am I missing this or is that a European thing only?

I've got a tow hook, locking wheel nut, screwdriver, first aid kit and warning triangle in mine. :D

On the other hand I think my car cost twice the equivalent in the US. We always get ripped off in the UK. Whenever you pay in dollars we seem to have to pay in pounds. I'd happily do without the extra's in my toolbox if they'd sell me the car at the same price as the US.

Rafa
01-08-2011, 03:43 AM
I got the full complement of items at the Welt. Took them with me on the plane when flying back home. I guess that the only way to get the entire kit is by taking delivery of the car in Europe.

brott
01-08-2011, 07:44 AM
how did you find the first aid kit? I cannot find it :(

Looks like I got the last one the eBay seller had and as you noted no kits for sale currently on eBay.

However was searching this AM and found the kit at Pacific BMW for $19.10 + shipping (you can also get another 20% off if you are a BMWCCA member)

http://accessories.bmwusa.com/ItemView.aspx?modelId=614&centerId=76837&categoryId=87&productCategoryId=&menuId=5&subItemId=0

brott
01-14-2011, 07:46 PM
My bad.....the triangle I originally ordered off of eBay is NOT the correct EURO one. Looked everywhere and finally finally found one for $50.00 + $11.00 shipping (must ship from Canada due to not US DOT compliant) at http://www.bimmian.com/10/STR/ which looks like it it should be the right one and should fit (once I receive I will update).

Sooooooo final price will be $93.00:

OEM First Aid Kit ($23.00 including shipping)

OEM Screwdriver ($9.00 including shipping)

OEM Triangle ($61.00 including shipping)

Considering the cost of the car is a small price to pay IMO.

Just received the OEM Triangle which completes my tool kit. Triangle fits nicely however does not click into the mounting prongs as I would have thought.

fkim011
01-15-2011, 08:48 AM
I just got my first aid kit. Now onto the triangles...

brott
01-15-2011, 08:54 AM
I just got my first aid kit. Now onto the triangles...
:thumbup:

JPTT
04-05-2011, 02:49 PM
I got a tow bar, a screwdriver, and a bolt lock adapter. I think that this is all we get in N.America.

Sophisto
04-05-2011, 02:55 PM
Just was told that the triangles and first aid kit is only standard in Euro cars. Go figure ...

Not in my European car.

raleedy
04-05-2011, 05:49 PM
There are, I think, some parts of Europe that require the safety triangle and the First Aid Kit, including Germany. At least, they used to. Some now also require high-visibility safety vests, too. Austria does, I think. For cars for these markets, BMW provides the required equipment.

ImpetuousRacer
10-01-2013, 10:05 PM
I have a screwdriver and the tow hook in mine. Those are on the right hand side. The rest is empty space. When I picked up the car, my SA gave me the special wrench for the wheel bolts...that actually fits on the left side of the kit in a specific slot (you can see it drawn in on the manual). This seems to be a better place than the glove box - where my SA initially put it, and it rolled around making noise as I took hard corners for the first week.

Have the tow hook and screw driver, ordered the first aid kit and Euro Triangle.
However, looking in the owners manual, there is a tool to the left. You mentioned a wrench for the wheel bolts. Any pictures of this? Part #? Thanks for the help!

sbu1
10-02-2013, 05:10 AM
There's a tool kit? I have a 12volt mini compressor and 2 cans of fix a flat and a Mossberg anti theft device.

outie
10-02-2013, 08:32 AM
Nice digging of a 2+ years thread...

Warning triangle and first aid kit come with European Delivery for US spec cars. We have to take them out before drop off or we'll never get to see them again on re-delivery.

MSgtMel
10-02-2013, 05:30 PM
BTW its not just a screwdriver, pull the shaft from the handle and look at both ends, it's also a two sized nut driver. Or should I say screw/nutdriver?

There's a tool kit? I have a 12volt mini compressor and 2 cans of fix a flat and a Mossberg anti theft device.

NICE! :thumbup: Especially like the Mossberg anti-theft device, which model?