PDA

View Full Version : What tires did your 550 M Sport come with?

Vicfung830
01-05-2011, 03:16 PM
Mine came with Michelin Primacy HP ZP and it sucks.

jimefam
01-05-2011, 03:22 PM
+1 mine did as well. When it gets back to me from ED I already bought hankooks I'm gonna swap on there.

grizzles
01-05-2011, 04:31 PM
Goodyear

highyo
01-05-2011, 05:48 PM
Goodyear

goodyear. no complaints

baben
01-05-2011, 05:51 PM
Dunlop SP Sport Maxx or something like that. They seem ok but I admit I'm not up on all the tires. Are these any good?

Elias
01-05-2011, 08:32 PM
Mine came with Michelin Primacy HP ZP and it sucks.

Can you give more details on why you feel they suck, just want to know for future reference.

brott
01-05-2011, 08:59 PM
goodyear. No complaints

+1

Nate1
01-05-2011, 09:24 PM
Can you give more details on why you feel they suck, just want to know for future reference.

+1...I am ordering a 550i with M Sport this week and it would be helpful to know, not that I can control what tires I get...

jimefam
01-05-2011, 10:22 PM
Well for me what I didn't like was the seemed to not have much grip. When I did my ED the only time I really had a small chance to get on my car was driving the Amalfi Coast. If anyone has ever done this drive before they'll know its a beautiful little drive with great scenery and lots of curves. Its not a road where one can attain alot of speed but keeping it at a steady 45-50 mph is pretty entertaining. I'd gone before but during high season and the road was packed with buses and cars. Not this time it was late November and it was an ugly day and looked like it was gonna rain. So I had the road pretty much to myself. Well after a few turns I got more confident and began pushing the car slightly coming out of the curves. But the tires provided so little grip! Even the slightest acceleration had the rear coming loose and the fronts felt sloppy as well. Also the ride is not particularly plush where I could justify the under performance. I just know I will be much happier with a max performance summer non rft.

fkim011
01-06-2011, 08:10 AM
Michelin tires are one of the best tires money can buy. There are comparable tires out there but our cars run on runflats. If you think these are bad, you should try the bridgestones. Now those are terrible. I would much prefer to have the luxury of having a donut and running on Michelin PS2's...

salamigs
01-06-2011, 09:52 AM
Yeah, I too am surprised about your comments about the Michelins, as they by far are the best tires (non-flat are not) that I have experienced, giving out a good balance between road noise reduction, ride comfort and grip. I am pretty sure every tire brand has a point where they will lose grip, and I am also pretty confident that this point potentially varies from one batch of tires to the other as well. But overall, at least my experience is, that I have been very satisfied with Michelins. Which is what I got on my 2011 550i-sport btw.

jimefam
01-06-2011, 10:18 AM
No don't get me wrong Michelins are excellent tires just not these particular ones. Or better yet they are not that good for me, I dont particularly care for RFT and would be willing to sacrifice some comfort for more performance. As a matter of fact my original plan was to switch to Michelin PS2's instead of the Hankook Ventus but I've heard and read many good things on the Hankooks and found a great deal on them(less than half of the PS2's) so I figured I would try them out. The stock Michelin Primacy RFT would be fine for the non-sport f10's but in my opinion the M-sport package should have come with PS2's.

SANguru
01-06-2011, 11:28 AM
Michelin tires are one of the best tires money can buy. There are comparable tires out there but our cars run on runflats. If you think these are bad, you should try the bridgestones. Now those are terrible. I would much prefer to have the luxury of having a donut and running on Michelin PS2's...

exactly.. there is no reason to stay with run-flats.

SANguru
01-06-2011, 11:33 AM
No don't get me wrong Michelins are excellent tires just not these particular ones. Or better yet they are not that good for me, I dont particularly care for RFT and would be willing to sacrifice some comfort for more performance. As a matter of fact my original plan was to switch to Michelin PS2's instead of the Hankook Ventus but I've heard and read many good things on the Hankooks and found a great deal on them(less than half of the PS2's) so I figured I would try them out. The stock Michelin Primacy RFT would be fine for the non-sport f10's but in my opinion the M-sport package should have come with PS2's.

but if you are going away from RFT, you get both comfort and performance.. :) The RFT's ride horrible.