PDA

View Full Version : Tried of waiting

Sherman B
01-06-2011, 11:31 AM
My car has already been completed and has been waiting to be shipped for almost 3 weeks!!! Is this normal? is there anyway of finding out what the holdup is?

SANguru
01-06-2011, 11:34 AM
My car has already been completed and has been waiting to be shipped for almost 3 weeks!!! Is this normal? is there anyway of finding out what the holdup is?

it's probably waiting for a ship.. unfortunately pretty normal.

here's a pretty good way of figuring out which ship you will be on. Take a look at the port arrival schedule. Count between 25-27 days back and you got your departure date.

http://www.portofhueneme.org/home.php

GHOST PROTOCOL
01-06-2011, 11:43 AM
Sometimes there is a delay in the information that is being provided to the general public. If you have a good relationship with your CA, I would recommend calling your CA and have them access their system. The CA can tell you where your vehicle is in an instant.

jimefam
01-06-2011, 12:42 PM
I dropped my car off in Paris after ED and it took almost 6 weeks to get on a shipand now that same ship is a week behind it's schedule. IMHO there are serious lapses in bmw's shipping of these cars.

LandsharkBMW
01-06-2011, 01:27 PM

Are you calling the 800 line or checking the status online? Once my car made it to port the 800 line was useless, the website did a better job of tracking. Your CA should have the best information though.

Sherman B
01-06-2011, 02:15 PM
Are you calling the 800 line or checking the status online? Once my car made it to port the 800 line was useless, the website did a better job of tracking. Your CA should have the best information though.

Checking online.