PDA

View Full Version : What is: 6WA Instrument cluster with extended contents

mw5
01-07-2011, 09:43 AM
What is this option?

My car that I am ordering has this option on the vehicle inquiry report.

Is this the new instrument cluster?
Will it display the navigation info just like the HUD?
Will it look like this:

AzNMpower32
01-07-2011, 11:17 AM
The instrument cluster in question is the second one you displayed, with the larger navigation display.

Needsdecaf
01-07-2011, 12:05 PM
The instrument cluster in question is the second one you displayed, with the larger navigation display.

Isn't that the one out of the 7 series and GT?

I'm confused...

Kar Don
01-07-2011, 05:25 PM
Mw5 when is your car scheduled to be built. Mine is on order and I want this feature. How did you add it?

BimmerUKF10
01-07-2011, 05:28 PM
My F10 already does this and in colour!?!

Needsdecaf
01-07-2011, 06:12 PM
My F10 already does this and in colour!?!

It's orange because it's in night mode.

mw5
01-07-2011, 08:28 PM
I didn't specifically order it, but I happened to notice it on my final build.
I will contact my CA tommorrow and hopefully I can get more info.

Kar Don
01-07-2011, 08:32 PM
thanks mw5, i'd really appreciate it so I can add it to my build. When is your car due in and when did you place the order?

ashushan
01-08-2011, 09:30 PM
I believe that first display is the one that used to be on the base model. I also believe that BMW did away with that display entirely, and now all F10 models receive the second display that you posted - with the chrome and slightly bigger display. The reason for the automatic upgrade was mostly stated as safety/visibility issues... It did not make sense to make people pay more to read the speedometer, etc. The option list must just show that you have the better display, just like it would tell you that you have the upgraded combox, even though this is not an option that you check off.

EDIT - Actually, on second look - both those displays seem a little foreign. For sure they are both in metric, so you would probably not have either in the US. The stuff I said above is true about the display...they did eliminate a smaller and less visible one in the base model, and now have the same instrument cluster in all model types, but that does not equate to the instrument clusters that you are showing.

bmwarchitect
01-09-2011, 04:51 AM
What is this option?

My car that I am ordering has this option on the vehicle inquiry report.

Is this the new instrument cluster?
Will it display the navigation info just like the HUD?
Will it look like this:

What is the date of your VIR? Is your order an ED? See thread on 6WA Blocked..... We have similar questions over there as well. My VIR was listed as "Blocked", an April ED, another members who has March ED, it is not listed at all on the VIR. What does your VIR say at the end of the line where the 6WA is listed?

mw5
01-09-2011, 09:11 AM
The date of my VIR is 1/4/11 and my ED is 3/3/11.

I talked to my CA yesterday who explained to me that the cluster will be the new one in my car. As far as which one of the two in the picture in the first post, he wasn't sure, but most likely the one on the right with the bigger display on the bottom. In either case, it will display the same nav info as the HUD and it will be a standard option that you do not have to select. My 6WA line also shows "blocked"

Erregend
01-09-2011, 10:41 AM
The date of my VIR is 1/4/11 and my ED is 3/3/11.

I talked to my CA yesterday who explained to me that the cluster will be the new one in my car. As far as which one of the two in the picture in the first post, he wasn't sure, but most likely the one on the right with the bigger display on the bottom. In either case, it will display the same nav info as the HUD and it will be a standard option that you do not have to select. My 6WA line also shows "blocked"

So, is the assumption that 6WA is ONLY included with HUD orders?

I have a VIR for a 4/12/11 ED without HUD and it Does Not show 6WA.

mw5
01-09-2011, 10:46 AM
I was told that it is standard. You do not need to order HUD.