PDA

View Full Version : xm radio

Technofish
01-07-2011, 10:47 AM
My wife bought a new 2010 528xi and inquired about xm radio and blue tooth capability for her phone when she was purchasing the car. The salesman said that the radio didn't support either. Shortly after we took possesion of the car a friend showed us how to get the blue tooth to work. I decided to purchase her an xm radio to use in the car for Christmas. When we saw all of the wires and how there was really no place to put them, we decided to pursue a different approach. Upon searching the internet I found Bmw was selling the enabling code for $374. and listed a part number for it. I then called the Bmw service dept where we bought the car and they said for $550. they would down load the codes so the navagation/radio would now get xm radio. Then this week my wife was trying to get it done through the salesman she had and he said it was $700. This seems like a real rip. Does anyone know how or where to get to get it done for a reasonable price. This is the first BMW we have purchased. When we have bought GM vehicles the xm radio was in the car and the initial year of service was free. For the price these cars cost there should not be any of these issues. Help!!

beashonda
01-09-2011, 06:56 PM
My wife bought a new 2010 528xi and inquired about xm radio and blue tooth capability for her phone when she was purchasing the car. The salesman said that the radio didn't support either. Shortly after we took possesion of the car a friend showed us how to get the blue tooth to work. I decided to purchase her an xm radio to use in the car for Christmas. When we saw all of the wires and how there was really no place to put them, we decided to pursue a different approach. Upon searching the internet I found Bmw was selling the enabling code for $374. and listed a part number for it. I then called the Bmw service dept where we bought the car and they said for $550. they would down load the codes so the navagation/radio would now get xm radio. Then this week my wife was trying to get it done through the salesman she had and he said it was $700. This seems like a real rip. Does anyone know how or where to get to get it done for a reasonable price. This is the first BMW we have purchased. When we have bought GM vehicles the xm radio was in the car and the initial year of service was free. For the price these cars cost there should not be any of these issues. Help!!

Crazy, since I think if you bought it on a new car it's only $350 and if free for the 1st year.

ld757
01-18-2011, 12:38 PM
try these ppl.
They can reprogram codes within your vehicle to your liking.
www.bmwretrofit.com