PDA

View Full Version : BMW is #1 in Consumer Reports' 2011 Luxury Car Brand Perception Survey!

PolkNole
01-07-2011, 10:02 PM
http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/cars/new-cars/news/2011/01/2011-car-brand-perception-survey/overview/index.htm

Consumer Reports came out today with an overall brand perception index and BMW was the #1 premium brand at 93. Jaguar was dead last at 13. (is saab considered a premium brand? Because they scored 10, so if so, Jaguar is almost dead last)

Btw, two suprising items...Toyota is still #1, despite its horrendous past few years, ...and Ford is right there with Toyota at the top.

BMWenthusiast
01-08-2011, 03:00 AM
Yeah, read the report the other day. It say's that Toyota has had a major drop in the past year in the range of 30 points while Ford had an increase of about the same amount.

Got me thinking about investing in some Ford stock....

AzNMpower32
01-08-2011, 07:57 AM
Great news for me. I plan to get a VW Golf TDI as my X3 replacement, and the Golf diesel has the highest satisfaction rate :) So it's practical, decent to drive, good for the environment, AND has many satisfied owners.

cneighbor
01-11-2011, 04:22 PM
I stopped buying into CR data several years ago. My opinion is that their surveys are self-licking ice cream cones. If I had a crappy Toyota or Honda I probably wouldn't "report" it because there is no way this isn't a reliable car...CR told me so.

Campfamily
01-11-2011, 04:47 PM
Got me thinking about investing in some Ford stock....

Bought some about 18 months ago.......wish the rest of my portfolio was doing this good!!

manutdx
01-22-2011, 12:14 AM
Why the heck is MINI rated so poorly? I had a Cooper for 5 years and had Zero problems with it. Up until the Bimmer it was the best car I'd ever owned. That is too bad for the brand because it is a great car

MarcA78
01-22-2011, 12:20 AM
Why the heck is MINI rated so poorly? I had a Cooper for 5 years and had Zero problems with it. Up until the Bimmer it was the best car I'd ever owned. That is too bad for the brand because it is a great car

Totally agree. I've had two Minis and zero problems.

Hu99
01-22-2011, 11:14 PM
Why the heck is MINI rated so poorly?

Historical perception perhaps? I too had a Cooper S that was built flawlessly, but if you're phoning people at random and asking them what their opinion of a Mini is, chances are they'll recall some of the Leyland models from the 70's that were in a race to see whether the rust got it before the damn thing fell apart of its own accord.

kck7
01-27-2011, 09:46 PM
Historical perception perhaps? I too had a Cooper S that was built flawlessly, but if you're phoning people at random and asking them what their opinion of a Mini is, chances are they'll recall some of the Leyland models from the 70's that were in a race to see whether the rust got it before the damn thing fell apart of its own accord.

CR doesn't phone (at least I don't think so). They send a longish questionnaire.

But good point on that historical perception thing. Another example is Volvo always scoring so high on safety, far and away better than the others. While good I'm sure, are they that much better than say M-B? Volvo got its safety perception as it used to be a car (wagon?) favored by professor types and earth moms. These people tend to drive conservatively, and the stodgy performance of past Volvos helped keep them out of trouble. So statistically speaking, they are very safe. It'd be interesting to see if this changes as they try to build a more sporty image.