PDA

View Full Version : Text messages

craigrow
01-07-2011, 09:54 PM
It's been one month with the 335 now and I finally figured out how to get text messages from my Win7 phone onto the idrive. It even reads the messages to me; pretty cool.

So tonight I'm making my usual commute home. I'm streaming music from the phone via Bluetooth when I hear the chime that says I have a text message. I push the voice button on the shearing wheel and say "messages." After a while I see my new message.

A little while later, another chime. I push the button, say "messages" and see the old list. It never refreshes. Any ideas what to do?

BeemerMikeTX
01-08-2011, 07:37 AM
I'd concentrate more on driving, and less on trying to read text messages while I am driving (especially in commuter traffic) . . . but that's just me. :tsk:

ProMed12
01-08-2011, 08:12 AM
I'd concentrate more on driving, and less on trying to read text messages while I am driving (especially in commuter traffic) . . . but that's just me. :tsk:
Thanks for letting us know what you prefer to concentrate on. :tsk:

BeemerMikeTX
01-08-2011, 05:09 PM
BMW . . . "The Ultimate Texting Machine". :D (Just kidding here. Don't have a cow.)

BayAreaBimmer
01-13-2011, 09:32 AM
I wish my bmw would read me my texts :(

craigrow
01-13-2011, 12:59 PM
I wish my bmw would read me my texts :(

Given what I've seen so far you're not missing anything. It's basically a prototype. You're not missing much of anything.

BayAreaBimmer
01-13-2011, 01:03 PM
Given what I've seen so far you're not missing anything. It's basically a prototype. You're not missing much of anything.

That's true, they'll perfect it sooner or later.

glindsey
01-25-2011, 10:29 AM
Does it work with IPhones? specifically, the Iphone 4

craigrow
01-25-2011, 02:28 PM
Does it work with IPhones? specifically, the Iphone 4

Interesting question. I suspect it might if you're using the cradle or USB cable. Since I'm doing this via Bluetooth, however, I suspect it's using an industry standard transport protocal and would be vendor indpendent like streaming audio via A2DP.