PDA

View Full Version : Very annoying experience with the Holiday Credit and ED

mw5
01-09-2011, 01:04 PM
Hi all,

I would just like to share with you an very annoying experience that I've had.

Just before the recent $1500 holiday credit promotion ended, I ordered a f10 for European Delivery in March 2011.

My CA told me that I will be locked in for 60 days after my order for the $1500 holiday credit or the 0.9% financing.

Yesterday he told me that the wrong person's finance application was submitted with my order, as I have a very common last name and they have been dealing with several clients with my last name.

So then my CA tells me that BMW finance will no longer honor the holiday credit since it is now past 1/3/11.

I then asked my CA if the dealership would adjust the selling price. They said no. I then asked if they would make up the difference in accessories or a winter wheel package. They said no.

Meanwhile, I'm thinking that the whole scenario sounds absurd to me - why would BMW finance give up a potential sale over a simple error?

Am I missing something here? Am I not being told the whole truth?

:thumbdwn::thumbdwn::thumbdwn::thumbdwn::thumbdwn:

GHOST PROTOCOL
01-09-2011, 01:11 PM
Looks like you have a decision to make. I can see a scenario where BMW does not allow any exceptions to the holiday credit. The problem here is that your dealer made a mistake and wont make the situation right. I would ask to speak with a sales manager directly about the situation.

solstice
01-09-2011, 01:17 PM
Call the dealer and ask to speak with the GM. Ask if this treatment is what to expect from his shop. If he don't honor your original price go elsewhere. You don't want to do business with such a vendor. To me it sounds like borderline bait and switch.

Needsdecaf
01-09-2011, 01:21 PM
Call the dealer and ask to speak with the GM. Ask if this treatment is what to expect from his shop. If he don't honor your original price go elsewhere. You don't want to do business with such a vendor. To me it sounds like borderline bait and switch.

100% agreed.

Be polite, but firm. Their mistake, not yours. If they are not willing to rectify such a simple situation, what will happen when you have an issue with your car?

Speak to the GM, not the sales manager, and explain what happened and ask how he plans on making it right. Don't ask for anything, don't demand. If you are not satisfied, tell him the above and walk.

mw5
01-09-2011, 01:32 PM
I thought about the bait and switch, but why would they do that? - It seems like a waste of time. I can easily walk away from the deal and they would have no sale.

raleedy
01-09-2011, 01:49 PM
I think there's a reason a lot of people in the car retail business are not in rocket science ***8212; a lot of mistakes get made! Take a look at what they're actually offering you. Lots of times they move the pieces around, without much change in the total picture. Other times, things really do change. See if what you can get from them now is comparable to what you had. If not, well, no one is forcing you to buy the car.

dunderhi
01-09-2011, 02:09 PM
Hi all,

I would just like to share with you an very annoying experience that I've had.

Just before the recent $1500 holiday credit promotion ended, I ordered a f10 for European Delivery in March 2011.

My CA told me that I will be locked in for 60 days after my order for the $1500 holiday credit or the 0.9% financing.

Yesterday he told me that the wrong person's finance application was submitted with my order, as I have a very common last name and they have been dealing with several clients with my last name.

So then my CA tells me that BMW finance will no longer honor the holiday credit since it is now past 1/3/11.

I then asked my CA if the dealership would adjust the selling price. They said no. I then asked if they would make up the difference in accessories or a winter wheel package. They said no.

Meanwhile, I'm thinking that the whole scenario sounds absurd to me - why would BMW finance give up a potential sale over a simple error?

Am I missing something here? Am I not being told the whole truth?

:thumbdwn::thumbdwn::thumbdwn::thumbdwn::thumbdwn:

First, I believe it was $1500 AND 0.9% financing. If it's not, I'll need to call my CA.

Second, are you buying or leasing? The holiday credit for the lease wasn't really a big deal, since they adjusted the residual accordingly in December.

Finally, if the dealer doesn't do anything to make it right, maybe you can hold out until a Spring promotion comes around and take a trip to Munich when it is a bit warmer. Oh yeah, find a different dealer.

FastMarkA
01-09-2011, 02:31 PM
The holiday credit for the lease wasn't really a big deal, since they adjusted the residual accordingly in December.

Actually, the residuals stayed the same; the money factors dropped in Jan 2011.

Regardless, OP should be able to take advantage of the preferential Jan 2011 lease rates AND the holiday credit, assuming he didn't sign the lease papers yet.

I would tell this dealership to pound sand, especially since they messed up.

vortexx
01-09-2011, 02:41 PM
My recommendation would be to speak with a manager at BMWFS directly. It is quite possible that the dealership didnt admit to BMWFS that it was their fault for this screwup. I would be pretty bothered by this - not by the mistake, because everyone makes mistakes, but by the lack of effort in trying to fix the mistake.

In the event that nothing can be done, at the very least I would take my business to another dealer.

Needsdecaf
01-09-2011, 02:58 PM
First, I believe it was $1500 AND 0.9% financing. If it's not, I'll need to call my CA.

Second, are you buying or leasing? The holiday credit for the lease wasn't really a big deal, since they adjusted the residual accordingly in December.

Finally, if the dealer doesn't do anything to make it right, maybe you can hold out until a Spring promotion comes around and take a trip to Munich when it is a bit warmer. Oh yeah, find a different dealer.

No, it was not $1,500 and 0.9%.

Gator550
01-09-2011, 03:42 PM

I got the $1500 and the 0.9% financing...

bfv
01-09-2011, 04:11 PM
Forget that dealership. I guess January lease rates are better (if you are leasing). Go to someone else.

user1796
01-09-2011, 04:31 PM
i got the $1500 and the 0.9% financing...

+1

dalekressin
01-09-2011, 04:34 PM
Well, I'd be pretty upset and probably would decline the purchase.

Needsdecaf
01-09-2011, 05:28 PM

Ah, yes, 3 years, right?

No dice on that for 60 months.

EvolutionTheory
01-09-2011, 05:47 PM
Sounds like your dealership is pushing you over. I'd suggest either demanding they rectify the situation or go somewhere else. I bet they're expecting you to just take it and not put up an argument.

dunderhi
01-09-2011, 05:59 PM
Ah, yes, 3 years, right?

No dice on that for 60 months.

36 months and no money down; there's nothing like a car payment that's larger than many people's mortgage payment. I'll pay off my 335d in just under a year, so it won't be too much of a change. :yikes:

dunderhi
01-09-2011, 06:03 PM

Regardless, OP should be able to take advantage of the preferential Jan 2011 lease rates AND the holiday credit, assuming he didn't sign the lease papers yet.

My reference to dropping the residuals was going from November to December. Thus lease deal made in November had just about the same monthly payment as those that were made in December with the Holiday Credit. I considered leasing this time around, but the December deal didn't jump out at me as anything too special.

jpointe
01-09-2011, 06:30 PM
Just to add some context for the OP, my dealer was also very strict about the timing of the holiday credit. I've made an order, and production won't begin until March. There's a good chance that I won't take delivery of the vehicle within 90 days of when I got credit approval on 1/3, which is a requirement to get the credit. In negotiations, I asked if there was any way to lock in or guarantee that $1500 savings for me (i.e., if BMW Finance didn't give it, the dealership would eat it). No dice whatsoever. They repeatedly referred to the fact that BMW Finance was "above them" and beyond their control. I even offered to make the down payment and start making payments before delivery, but they would not budge. When the first dealership told me this, I went to another, and they told me the same.

Your situation is a bit different in that it was THEIR SOLE MISTAKE (and they should eat the cost- if only out of pure good will and good business practices), but it gives an idea of their rigidity with respect to the matter. It might make sense to go straight to BMW Finance as others have suggested. Good luck, that really sucks.

erickung
01-09-2011, 11:34 PM
hi Jpointe,

Did you order the car at the last week of December and CA told you that your car won't be built until March??

I did the same thing on 12/29(not ED) and even though I havnen't get the production date, most dealer told me the car probably will be built in Week 4 2011.

I'm a little bit nervous now...

tim-atl
01-10-2011, 05:08 AM
Adding to the consensus:

go somewhere else

This does not sound like a mistake and if it was your CA didn't do a good job of following your application through the process. I don't care how many people are named Smith, Williams, or whatever.

Tim

smhoer
01-10-2011, 06:24 AM
I took a quick glance at the lease rates for Jan. It looks like the MF reductions offset the holiday cash. Run the numbers and I will bet the pmts are withing a couple $$ of each other. I just ran them for a 550 and the diff was about $4 based on my deal.

jzcrna
01-10-2011, 06:28 AM
I would be really upset about this. The least they could do is give you some All-weather floor mats...sheesh!

ksoze
01-10-2011, 06:57 AM
I took a quick glance at the lease rates for Jan. It looks like the MF reductions offset the holiday cash. Run the numbers and I will bet the pmts are withing a couple $$ of each other. I just ran them for a 550 and the diff was about $4 based on my deal.

Wasn't there are also a $500 price increase to account for in January which could sway the deal in favor of December?

FastMarkA
01-10-2011, 07:43 AM
Wasn't there are also a $500 price increase to account for in January which could sway the deal in favor of December?

Yep.

sajison
01-10-2011, 08:34 AM

i got the 1500 AND .9%

mw5
01-10-2011, 09:03 AM
Just spoke with BMW Finance and Customer Relations and they gave me the usual run around and willing to do nothing, but file a compliant against the dealership.

What a bunch of BS.

BMW claims that the dealers are independent contracters and they cannont do anything about their mistakes.

What kind of franchise blatantly ignores problems with how their products are sold?

laser
01-10-2011, 09:19 AM
Just spoke with BMW Finance and Customer Relations and they gave me the usual run around and willing to do nothing, but file a compliant against the dealership.

What a bunch of BS.

BMW claims that the dealers are independent contracters and they cannont do anything about their mistakes.

What kind of franchise blatantly ignores problems with how their products are sold?

That's the kind of dealer that you see in your rear view mirror .....

GHOST PROTOCOL
01-10-2011, 09:20 AM
Whether it be the sales manager or the general manager, you need to have a face-to-face sit down with the management of your dealership and explain your position to them. The dealer made the mistake and the dealer should be the one to rectify the harm resulting from the mistake. If they do not rectify the mistake and you still want the car, buy it from a different dealer. Given my experience with my dealer who is very customer service oriented, I am surprised that they are not willing to do anything.

unboringuy
01-11-2011, 11:36 AM
I agree that this dealer sounds like one with which I would not deal. For the records, in order to get the credit, you have to take delivery by March 4. If that doesn't occur, you would not be eligible for the credit in any event.

beashonda
01-11-2011, 01:32 PM
Whether it be the sales manager or the general manager, you need to have a face-to-face sit down with the management of your dealership and explain your position to them. The dealer made the mistake and the dealer should be the one to rectify the harm resulting from the mistake. If they do not rectify the mistake and you still want the car, buy it from a different dealer. Given my experience with my dealer who is very customer service oriented, I am surprised that they are not willing to do anything.

+1:thumbup:

bmw325
01-11-2011, 01:38 PM

I think this is something you'd have to deal with on an ordered car regardless. The BMWFS rate lock only applies to the lease program, not to the selling price of the car.

jpointe
01-11-2011, 03:22 PM
hi Jpointe,

Did you order the car at the last week of December and CA told you that your car won't be built until March??

I did the same thing on 12/29(not ED) and even though I havnen't get the production date, most dealer told me the car probably will be built in Week 4 2011.

I'm a little bit nervous now...

I put in the order the second to last week of December, but yes, he said that production won't begin until the first week of March. Are you ordering an xDrive? It sounded like it was specific to the xDrives. If we opted for a non-xDrive, he could've just changed a configuration of an order already in the queue, but for some reason, BMW is holding the current production of xDrives. Perhaps they noted some things that need reconfiguration or tweaking, who knows. You probably have nothing to worry about if you're not ordering an xDrive.

SANguru
01-11-2011, 03:51 PM
hate to say but neither BMWNA nor BMWFS should care.. The dealers are completely independent and reselling BMW. For example: If you get ripped off or screwed by best buy from buying an HP printer should HP give you a price break or help you out??? they wouldn't care because Best Buy already paid HP and they have no obligation to you. You have to think of the relationship from a transaction perspective.

If the dealer screwed up, shouldn't you take it up with the dealer and force their hand or go somewhere else? It's BS they are unwilling to do anything about it. It's GM you should deal with and hold him by his balls to make it right. If he's unwilling, go somewhere else.

What a bunch of BS.

SANguru
01-11-2011, 03:55 PM

and drag the dumb sales guy in so you can throw up under the bus... ;)

elchevere
01-11-2011, 04:00 PM
I did not read all the replies but will throw in my 2 cents....did you get anything in writing from the dealer?....if not, will he be willing to admit--in writing--that they made a mistake?...if so, I would first try resolving that with the GM at the dealership. If that did not work, I would then contact BMW North America in Woodcliff Lake, NJ and send a letter to the Executive Offices (you could start out pleading your case, with some form of written confirmation of an error from your dealer. If that effort failed, I would let them know they've left you know choice but to take legal action--they might or might not call your bluff....a letter from an attorney would set you back +/- $350 but would probably get you the $1500 rebate, whether they called it a Holiday Promotion or not).

SARAFIL
01-11-2011, 04:12 PM

No, you can not combine the January 2011 lease rates with the holiday credit... this has been said here several times again. If you want to use the January 2011 lease rates, you have to forfeit the holiday credit. To use the holiday credit, you must also use the December lease rates.

elchevere
01-11-2011, 04:18 PM
I'm sorry for asking this, but have the new January lease rates been published on this Forum ???

GHOST PROTOCOL
01-11-2011, 04:27 PM
I did not read all the replies but will throw in my 2 cents....did you get anything in writing from the dealer?....if not, will he be willing to admit--in writing--that they made a mistake?...if so, I would first try resolving that with the GM at the dealership. If that did not work, I would then contact BMW North America in Woodcliff Lake, NJ and send a letter to the Executive Offices (you could start out pleading your case, with some form of written confirmation of an error from your dealer. If that effort failed, I would let them know they've left you know choice but to take legal action--they might or might not call your bluff....a letter from an attorney would set you back +/- $350 but would probably get you the $1500 rebate, whether they called it a Holiday Promotion or not).

I disagree with threatening legal action. First, it will not scare BMW. Second, it is just not worth getting legal counsel involved in a commercial transaction of this matter when the amount of dispute is only in the sum of $1,500.00. Third and most importantly, I think that the important thing here is to remain in the role of potential customer rather than adversary or litigant. That is why you should immediately have a meeting with the management as a potential customer who has been wronged by the salesman who made a mistake. If management exercises poor business judgment and maintains the position that they are not going to compensate you in any way whatsoever to ease your pain, then you have a decision to make. If you are in love with the F10 (which I am sure that your are), then you should buy it from another dealer. If there is no other dealer in the area and you still want the car, you have to decide whether the $1,500.00 is worth keeping you from your new ride.

SANguru
01-11-2011, 04:28 PM

BMW NA and BMW FS are 2 completely separate entities.

SANguru
01-11-2011, 04:30 PM
The OP mentioned .9% financing which would mean that leasing is not the option he's looking at.

No, you can not combine the January 2011 lease rates with the holiday credit... this has been said here several times again. If you want to use the January 2011 lease rates, you have to forfeit the holiday credit. To use the holiday credit, you must also use the December lease rates.

SARAFIL
01-11-2011, 04:59 PM

:rofl: :rofl:

Are you serious?

Go ahead and try taking them to court, this will get thrown out immediately. BMWNA/BMWFS have done nothing wrong here-- OP entered into an agreement with the dealer to buy the car for $xx,xxx, and dealer can not deliver said car for said price. BMWNA/BMWFS have no obligation to the OP if his application was not submitted by the deadline, it is only the dealer that has an obligation. BMWNA/BMWFS have no liability for the actions of BMW dealers. You can try going after the dealer for wrongdoing, since they are the ones that screwed up. But really, is it worth getting a lawyer to go after $1,500? And will any decent lawyer even show the slightest bit of interest when you tell them about this?

BMW NA and BMW FS are 2 completely separate entities.

No, they are not.

BMW Financial Services NA, LLC is a subsidiary of BMW of North America.

Similarly, BMW of North America is a subsidiary of BMW (US) Holding Corp, and BMW (US) Holding Corp. is a subsidiary of BMW AG.

See the pic below that shows the corporate structure:

EvolutionTheory
01-11-2011, 05:51 PM

What a bunch of BS.

It would be understandable and honestly pretty neat of BMW to do something to make this right in an attempt at retaining their own brand image but this is not something you should expect or really be upset at BMW for if they do decline.

This should all be an issue with the dealership. Based on your current responses it sounds like you may be in a situation where you've already signed or something? I don't understand why you have not already gone to a different dealership.

If the Dealership General Manager refuses to help you, and that's who you should attempt to speak to, then you should go to a different dealership and begin this process over. If you have not gone to a different dealership because you know you REALLY can't get the credit then for that discount the current place is stealing from you, then perhaps look into ways to put pressure on this dealership.. as in writing a very detailed and strongly worded critique of the salesman and the dealership, send it to the General Manager, and explain all the BMW and local forums/papers you will pay or freely post the critique into. Bad press I am just suggesting could possibly help you put pressure on the dealership.

Legal counsel I doubt would be worth it, you'd do better to take them to small claims court and simply represent yourself but this is even very likely to fail I'd imagine.

Pressure with press IMO is the best method if speaking to the GM of the dealership fails.

rsingh111
01-11-2011, 05:59 PM
Not sure what u ordered but let's assume a 550 for 70000 and a purchase price of 63000 and add a 1000 for fees and registration and roll taxes in

With current rates mf of .00185 and residual for 36 months did not change 53 percent u get a payment of about 1005

Last month with same residual and 1500 cap cost reduction as holiday credit you get a payment of 1009

So for a 3 year lease u r ahead 150

Overall a wash

mw5
01-11-2011, 06:02 PM
I have not signed anything yet and I can easily walk away from the deal.

The problem with starting over now is that the base price of the car has gone up by $500. And along with losing out now on $1500 holiday credit, that's an extra $2000 that I would expect to shell out.

rsingh111
01-11-2011, 06:03 PM
Btw I think some of these promos and credits are a crock as the following month the change mf and residuals to keep the total cost of leases within a few hundred dollars

I would make sure u r getting the best residual and the base mf u can

bmw325
01-11-2011, 06:56 PM
Btw I think some of these promos and credits are a crock as the following month the change mf and residuals to keep the total cost of leases within a few hundred dollars

I would make sure u r getting the best residual and the base mf u can

Usually that's the case. Although for the car i'm currenlty interested in (335i coupe) the lease cost went up by $35 Dec to Jan...largely because they kept the residuals the same and didn't drop the money factors enough to cover for the holiday credit. Sounds like they kept the 5 series more even month to month.

raleedy
01-11-2011, 06:58 PM
I have not signed anything yet and I can easily walk away from the deal.

The problem with starting over now is that the base price of the car has gone up by $500. And along with losing out now on $1500 holiday credit, that's an extra $2000 that I would expect to shell out.

Don't assume that's the case. Chances are the price increase would have hit your deal anyways. And before you assume you have lost the benefit of the holiday credit, compare the actual deal you can get now with what you would have had if the mistake had not been made.

SANguru
01-11-2011, 07:30 PM
you completely missed the point. The point is they BMWNA does NOT dictate the actions of BMWFS from a decision making standpoint. It is clearly evident when you initiate a lemon law or request a buy back. They work as completely separate entities.

:rofl: :rofl:

Are you serious?

Go ahead and try taking them to court, this will get thrown out immediately. BMWNA/BMWFS have done nothing wrong here-- OP entered into an agreement with the dealer to buy the car for $xx,xxx, and dealer can not deliver said car for said price. BMWNA/BMWFS have no obligation to the OP if his application was not submitted by the deadline, it is only the dealer that has an obligation. BMWNA/BMWFS have no liability for the actions of BMW dealers. You can try going after the dealer for wrongdoing, since they are the ones that screwed up. But really, is it worth getting a lawyer to go after $1,500? And will any decent lawyer even show the slightest bit of interest when you tell them about this?

No, they are not.

BMW Financial Services NA, LLC is a subsidiary of BMW of North America.

Similarly, BMW of North America is a subsidiary of BMW (US) Holding Corp, and BMW (US) Holding Corp. is a subsidiary of BMW AG.

See the pic below that shows the corporate structure:

SANguru
01-11-2011, 07:30 PM
+1

don't assume that's the case. Chances are the price increase would have hit your deal anyways. And before you assume you have lost the benefit of the holiday credit, compare the actual deal you can get now with what you would have had if the mistake had not been made.

beashonda
01-12-2011, 03:32 PM
At the end of the day, OP needs to decide how much his time and effort are worth to pursue the $1500 holiday credit issue. BMW has attorneys on retainer, so it'll cost OP more $$$ than them. Speak with GM and have them make the dealer work for you financially. Remember one unhappy customer tell more people than one happy customer. I would personally write the GM and point out the goodwill and lack of customer focus and concern as the key here. Take the emotion out of the situation.

Good Luck OP!

jimhomer2000
01-12-2011, 05:34 PM
I might have missed it.
Given the discussion, it is appropriate to reveal the dealership.
So that others who might be visiting the shop has the opportunity to evaluate the situation and determine their own actions.

mw5
01-12-2011, 07:21 PM
I was told by the manager today that an appeal was made to BMWFS and that they will overlook the error afterall. Tomorrow I should get a document stating that I will still qualify.

I'm not really upset about the error, I know that mistakes happen.

I figured something like this would be resolved behind the scenes or that the dealer would give me some better assurance through the process.

jpointe
01-12-2011, 07:36 PM
That's great news. Congrats, looks like your persistence paid off.

dunderhi
01-12-2011, 07:39 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap:

MSS
01-12-2011, 07:47 PM
Congrats. That's good customer service on part of BMW

cdarwinj
01-12-2011, 10:36 PM

I got the $1500 credit and 0.9% financing when I ordered my 535i on January 18, 2010. It is a purchase, not a lease. I computed the extra costs I would have incurred if I had waited until January and it comes to $2,900 ($500 price increase, $1500 HC, and $884 in additional interest @1.9%).

My car exited production 01/07/2011 and arrived at the Bremerhaven depot 01/11. The next westbound ship (COURAGE) is scheduled to leave Bremerhaven on 01/16/2011; i.e., 5 days after my car arrived at the depot. I hope that I make that ship because the next two ships (FAUST and TORINO) aren't scheduled to leave until 01/21 and 01/26, respectively. Finger's crossed!

pharding
01-13-2011, 03:09 AM
The OP was correct in his description of the problem. This occurred when the Sales Manager was on vacation who checks the information prior to being sent to BMW NA. When it blew up he was still on vacation and the dealership's initial response to their mistake was not handled properly. There is a paper and electronic trail that shows that the original paperwork was submitted to the dealership and BMW NA on time. Unfortunately the dealership submitted the finance application of another current customer with the same last name by mistake, even though they had that of the OP. The Sales Manager and BMW NA are working through a solution to fix the CA's honest mistake. One way or another it will fixed in an equitable manner to the satisfaction of the OP.

When problems that occasionally arise, it is best to work your way up the food chain at the BMW Center. Sales/finance issues would go through CA, then Finance Manager, then Sales Manager. If this does not work, then contact BMW NA Customer Service. If after contacting the first tier of BMW NA Customer Service and you are still not satisfied, then call again in few days and you likely get a different Customer Service Representative. Talk to him/her about your issue. If that still doesn't work ask for a BMW NA Customer Service Manager. What you explain to BMW NA with each phone call is keyed into to a case file on BMW NA's Customer Relationship Software. You need to be factual and calm. It helps to explain to explain how many BMW's you have purchased and that you really like their cars. If you lease or do European Delivery it helps to mention that because those customers statistically tend to buy the most BMW's and tend to be most loyal to BMW. Threatening to take legal action does no good and works against you. Back up paperwork helps. Unfortunately like most German companies they have guidelines that are somewhat rigidly adhered to. However perseverance is sometimes necessary for a successful outcome. BMW NA values its customers and they work hard to be reasonable.

I am on BMW Number 5 in a ten year period and upon a rare occasion when a problem arose, this strategy worked extremely well. BMW does business in a very professional manner and they value the customer relationship. Their goal is not sell you one car. Their goal is build a customer relationship to earn your repeat business so they can sell you multiple cars and hopefully you will convince your friends to buy a BMW. Unfortunately professional does not mean perfect. I have always been impressed by the professionalism of BMW and the way that reasonable requests are handled.

beashonda
01-13-2011, 01:29 PM
The OP was correct in his description of the problem. This occurred when the Sales Manager was on vacation who checks the information prior to being sent to BMW NA. When it blew up he was still on vacation and the dealership's initial response to their mistake was not handled properly. There is a paper and electronic trail that shows that the original paperwork was submitted to the dealership and BMW NA on time. Unfortunately the dealership submitted the finance application of another current customer with the same last name by mistake, even though they had that of the OP. The Sales Manager and BMW NA are working through a solution to fix the CA's honest mistake. One way or another it will fixed in an equitable manner to the satisfaction of the OP.

When problems that occasionally arise, it is best to work your way up the food chain at the BMW Center. Sales/finance issues would go through CA, then Finance Manager, then Sales Manager. If this does not work, then contact BMW NA Customer Service. If after contacting the first tier of BMW NA Customer Service and you are still not satisfied, then call again in few days and you likely get a different Customer Service Representative. Talk to him/her about your issue. If that still doesn't work ask for a BMW NA Customer Service Manager. What you explain to BMW NA with each phone call is keyed into to a case file on BMW NA's Customer Relationship Software. You need to be factual and calm. It helps to explain to explain how many BMW's you have purchased and that you really like their cars. If you lease or do European Delivery it helps to mention that because those customers statistically tend to buy the most BMW's and tend to be most loyal to BMW. Threatening to take legal action does no good and works against you. Back up paperwork helps. Unfortunately like most German companies they have guidelines that are somewhat rigidly adhered to. However perseverance is sometimes necessary for a successful outcome. BMW NA values its customers and they work hard to be reasonable.

I am on BMW Number 5 in a ten year period and upon a rare occasion when a problem arose, this strategy worked extremely well. BMW does business in a very professional manner and they value the customer relationship. Their goal is not sell you one car. Their goal is build a customer relationship to earn your repeat business so they can sell you multiple cars and hopefully you will convince your friends to buy a BMW. Unfortunately professional does not mean perfect. I have always been impressed by the professionalism of BMW and the way that reasonable requests are handled.

NIce:thumbup:

FastMarkA
01-13-2011, 02:00 PM
I got the $1500 credit and 0.9% financing when I ordered my 535i on January 18, 2010. It is a purchase, not a lease. I computed the extra costs I would have incurred if I had waited until January and it comes to $2,900 ($500 price increase, $1500 HC, and $884 in additional interest @1.9%).

My car exited production 01/07/2011 and arrived at the Bremerhaven depot 01/11. The next westbound ship (COURAGE) is scheduled to leave Bremerhaven on 01/16/2011; i.e., 5 days after my car arrived at the depot. I hope that I make that ship because the next two ships (FAUST and TORINO) aren't scheduled to leave until 01/21 and 01/26, respectively. Finger's crossed!

I'm guessing January should be December?

pharding
01-13-2011, 03:53 PM
BMW NA took care of it for the original poster. Kudos to BMW NA and the local dealership.