PDA

View Full Version : Alpine White with Cinnamon or Dark Graphite with Oyster?

cruxisfalcon
01-09-2011, 02:55 PM
What color combo do you guys like? Also, call me crazy, but does anyone else kinda', sorta' like Mojave Metallic? They have one at the showroom near where I live, and while my whole family hates it, I kind of like it. Something about it is just alluring, idk haha. What do you guys think?

dunderhi
01-09-2011, 03:21 PM
What color combo do you guys like? Also, call me crazy, but does anyone else kinda', sorta' like Mojave Metallic? They have one at the showroom near where I live, and while my whole family hates it, I kind of like it. Something about it is just alluring, idk haha. What do you guys think?

I went with the Alpine White/Anthracite/Cinnamon combo myself. I did see a Mojave Metallic at Welt and liked it very much. Unfortunately, it isn't available with the MSport package. My wife picked Tasmin Green on our 335d, so we had to skip the MSport package on that car. I'm not sure why they put these limitations on the colors.

markl53
01-09-2011, 03:24 PM
I'm not sure why they put these limitations on the colors.

Because M Sport is supposed to be sporty and some colors are deemed not so "sporty". Like Mojave, Tasman, probably the light beige also (Milano). Although surprisingly, Black Sapphire is also prohibited with M. Some brands (MB) limit interior colors on sport options to black only.

ProudPapa
01-09-2011, 05:44 PM
Alpine White with Cinnamon and Dark Graphite with Oyster was the exact color combos my wife and i were deciding on. I wanted Apline and she wanted the Dark Graphite and since it is her car I gave in and we are scheduled to pick our Dark Graphite 528i on Tuesday!:)

bmwarchitect
01-09-2011, 06:16 PM
I think a black interior would look good with mojave. I went with carbon black/black. I think the car looks good in either combo, but prefer dark graphite/oyster. This is part of the fun. Enjoy.

Sent from my DROIDX using BimmerApp

shergill
01-09-2011, 06:49 PM
I went with alpine white with black inheritor. I'm happy with the way it turned out.

MBlack78
01-09-2011, 07:19 PM
I had a chance to see the Mojave Metallic at the dealer the other day. I though it was a gorgeous color. Not a real sporty color, but beautiful never the less. Had I seen it before I ordered mine, it would've been a difficult decision. I also love the cinnamon interior color but the wife but a stop to that and I got the Oyster/Black. No regrets on my end. I don't think you'll go wrong either way.

DarienJim
01-09-2011, 07:21 PM
I have to make a decision most likely tomorrow on a new 550ix with M Sport package. Been looking at the Cinnamon Brown and matting it with a darker color, maybe Carbon Black. Thoughts?

Rafa
01-09-2011, 07:49 PM
I had a chance to see the Mojave Metallic at the dealer the other day. I though it was a gorgeous color. Not a real sporty color, but beautiful never the less. Had I seen it before I ordered mine, it would've been a difficult decision. I also love the cinnamon interior color but the wife but a stop to that and I got the Oyster/Black. No regrets on my end. I don't think you'll go wrong either way.

No regrets on my Dark Graphite with Oyster/Black, but had I seen the DSB before making my choice I would have had a tougher time deciding (as it was, I had a tough time). Your car looks very, very nice.

markl53
01-09-2011, 08:17 PM
I have to make a decision most likely tomorrow on a new 550ix with M Sport package. Been looking at the Cinnamon Brown and matting it with a darker color, maybe Carbon Black. Thoughts?

Carbon Black with Cinnamon would be great. Here are a few pics of my Black Sapphire/Cinnamon with anthracite headliner. Be sure to consider the optional headliner if you go with Cinnamon. The standard headliner is light gray -- I had that on my previous 335i and it didn't blend nearly as well, IMO.

JoeRoadster
01-09-2011, 08:57 PM
Dark graphite with oyster looks amazing.

I almost went that way, but ultimately chose space grey with oyster. I expect that will be amazing too.

i was hooked on oyster the moment i saw it (originally with graphite in mind).

Space grey and Graphite was a wrestling match in my mind, but ultimately the final frontier won as the darker silvers always struck me as a very smart look (makes-up for the driver I guess :). Most of my cars in the past have been silver/grey.

Some might argue that oyster doesn't look as good with the lighter exterior paints. I like it though, as it breaks up the blackness, which I think is especially important if you have the anthracite headliner (which I do). Plus the ambient lighting is going to look stunning on a lighter surface.

Kar Don
01-09-2011, 09:01 PM
I went for alpine white exterior with oyster interior. I think it looks fantastic.

dominoaz
01-09-2011, 09:14 PM
We went with Alpine over Cinnamon for my wife's 528i. I had originally wanted Black w/ Cinnnamon, but my car dealer friend said that "White is the new black." So, I figured what the heck, there is always the next Bimmer. After I brought it home, I felt that it looked like Moby Dick in my garage. But, after several positive reactions and compliments from people, several BMW owners among them, it has really grown on me. My neighbor has already asked for 1st right of refusal when the lease is up. The Cinnamon is quite rich looking.

fkim011
01-09-2011, 11:08 PM
Alpine white with cinnamon is a hot color combo!

Ronsell
01-10-2011, 06:33 AM
Carbon Black with Cinnamon would be great. Here are a few pics of my Black Sapphire/Cinnamon with anthracite headliner. Be sure to consider the optional headliner if you go with Cinnamon. The standard headliner is light gray -- I had that on my previous 335i and it didn't blend nearly as well, IMO.

Beautiful car, Mark...

jzcrna
01-10-2011, 07:23 AM

MBlack:

I really love the DSB when posted from members of the forums. Yours looks awesome. However, when I see pics of cars for sale (used) with DSB they do not look as good.

Not taking away from your color at all, but do you notice that it doesn't look as good in certain sunlight or when it hasn't been washed? When I had Black Sapphire, it looked like crap when it was dirty, but amazing when it was clean. I am particularly curious about how it looks in direct sunlight, etc.

johnbmw6
01-10-2011, 08:56 AM
Here in the UK,Cinnamon is the worst colour for RV. :eek:

freberta
01-10-2011, 01:25 PM
I went with Mojave and Venetian Beige because it was different from many of the usual colors you see. No complaints here but I find most of the BMW colors look very good.

DXK
01-10-2011, 01:31 PM
I went with the latter, but white cars are all the rage now in Germany, whereas few years back you couldn't find a light colored car, only grey, dark blue, and black.

MBlack78
01-10-2011, 09:04 PM
MBlack:

I really love the DSB when posted from members of the forums. Yours looks awesome. However, when I see pics of cars for sale (used) with DSB they do not look as good.

Not taking away from your color at all, but do you notice that it doesn't look as good in certain sunlight or when it hasn't been washed? When I had Black Sapphire, it looked like crap when it was dirty, but amazing when it was clean. I am particularly curious about how it looks in direct sunlight, etc.

I'm not sure I'd say it doesn't look as good, but it certainly looks different in different types of light. I really like medium to dark blues so I always like the way it looks. At night or on a cloudy day mine looks pretty dark, but in direct sunlight it's brighter. In direct sunlight, the blue in the paint really pops. But it's kinda subtle, not really over the top bright. I always keep it clean, but it certainly doesn't have quite the appeal when it's dirty :( Check out my albums in my profile for some pics in some sunlight