PDA

View Full Version : Podcast on iPod menu?

blackhawk_pilot
01-10-2011, 12:26 PM
I noticed that on the external device to get to iPod I can only select from playlists or search. Does anyone know if there's a setting to bring up the podcasts without having to search for them? As in the way you select a certain playlist?

stevelup
01-10-2011, 04:49 PM
I don't have my F10 yet (end of this month), but had a similar problem on my 1-series.

The solution was to create a 'Smart Playlist' in iTunes - in my case, I called it 00 Unplayed Podcasts. Set the type to 'podcast' and set a filter to only include items with a play count of zero.

This works great because it always appears at the top of the list (because of the 00 in the name), and it doesn't include stuff that I've already heard.

bbmertz
01-15-2011, 09:00 AM
Under the music "Genre" menu you will find a Podcast option via iDrive. This is what I use to listen to Podcasts on my way to work.

B-1 Pilot
01-15-2011, 09:46 AM
This is definitely an apple issue not a BMW one... some podcasts are even hard to play because of their encoding. one's purchased through audible for instance, I have to use audible's app to play them using the phone screen while connected to the car... the car screen just says aux device iphone with no further information.

For other podcasts, I use the exact same smart playlist 0 plays trick as described on multiple of my ipods, etc.

Now if only apple could figure out a way to allow them to wirelessly sync in the morning before I drive into work, that would be nice!

kjlrd144
03-06-2011, 02:49 PM
I don't have my F10 yet (end of this month), but had a similar problem on my 1-series.

The solution was to create a 'Smart Playlist' in iTunes - in my case, I called it 00 Unplayed Podcasts. Set the type to 'podcast' and set a filter to only include items with a play count of zero.

This works great because it always appears at the top of the list (because of the 00 in the name), and it doesn't include stuff that I've already heard.

The type "podcast" is not an option in iTunes. I must be missing something. Can you provide any other options?

stevelup
03-06-2011, 02:56 PM
Hi

It's definitely there. I've done a screenshot for you:-

http://linux.cre.co.uk/pub/podcast.png

kjlrd144
03-06-2011, 06:35 PM
Hi

It's definitely there. I've done a screenshot for you:-

http://linux.cre.co.uk/pub/podcast.png

This worked great, thanks!

stevelup
03-07-2011, 12:11 AM
Make sure you listen to your podcasts right to the very end, then next time you sync, they will automatically be deleted. It's very handy!