PDA

View Full Version : Service Center Recommendations - Los Angeles Area

Campfamily
01-10-2011, 03:25 PM
I'm planning to take my new (to me) 550i in for service, including the brake recall, and to have them check the health of my battery. I live in the Los Angeles area, but I did not buy my car at a local dealership; instead, I bought the car from a BMW dealer in the San Francisco area, then drove it home. I'm hoping to get some recommendations (both positive and negative) on the service centers that are convenient to my home and work. Would appreciate any feedback, including any names of SA's that you have received good service from, on the following dealers:

1) BMW of Monrovia
2) Pacific BMW in Glendale
3) Century West BMW in No. Hollywood
4) Center BMW in Sherman Oaks

Thanks in advance!

Keith

Campfamily
01-11-2011, 07:45 AM
Nobody in LA willing to share their service experiences?

Keith

Jaysea7
02-03-2011, 04:54 PM
That place has the worst people in the customer relations department.

They BS you, accuse you of "Mis-Understanding their quote

You never get thru to them on the phone (Leave Messages)

Never return calls

I am going to try Savage in Ontario, CA:thumbdwn: next time!

Killjoy
02-03-2011, 08:41 PM
Try posting in the Cali regional subforum, and maybe research the dealers you listed on yelp.com. For the most part, reviews on there are fair.

Jever
02-04-2011, 12:45 AM
I'm not positive on what all they do these days, but for anything in the Glendale area I'll only recommend the M Shop and from the work they have done for fellow Fester's, I'd say that place is second to none.http://www.themshop.com/

BMWenthusiast
02-04-2011, 01:45 AM
Hi Keith!

I haven't been to any of those, so unfortunately don't have any personal experience, as I've only been to Irvine BMW and Shelly BMW, both of which I've had excellent experience with.

Best bet would be to find a Service Advisor and just make sure you're always seeing them. You can also use Google Maps and when you search each one it gives you different reviews as well from a bunch of sites. I've always had to take them with a grain of salt because people will always have both positive and negative experiences. Since your car is still under warranty (I assume) you should be able to find a good one and not have to worry about the bill as much!